Relaxed Hair Thread

Barbie83

Relaxed head checking in. I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant so I'm about to do a super long stretch until May or later. Trying to get back on my regimen of weekly DC/ rollersets.

Anybody have any miracle products/techniques for dealing with massive new growth/different textures? I'm trying to avoid heat as much as possible :yep:

greenandchic

I want touch up my hair with Creme of Nature, Straight from Eden relaxer as I did last time but its not available at any of the Walgreen's in my area. Its totally out of stock. The BSS in my area doesn't carry it at all...I wonder if I should just use another brand...

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I want touch up my hair with Creme of Nature, Straight from Eden relaxer as I did last time but its not available at any of the Walgreen's in my area. Its totally out of stock. The BSS in my area doesn't carry it at all...I wonder if I should just use another brand...
I've never seen it at Walgreens. The last time I used it, I purchased it from Sally's online.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I can't tell the difference between the new growth and textlaxed hair, it just all looks coily until I reach the bone straight hair. Ughh #texlaxedproblems.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

NGraceO

The bun is BACK! On vaca near the water, and had to break my wetbun out. Haven't worn one of these since last summer. This is on 8 week post texlaxed hair.

Attachments

• image-1360224829.jpg
    image-1360224829.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2932989096.jpg
    image-2932989096.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 101

irisak

The bun is BACK! On vaca near the water, and had to break my wetbun out. Haven't worn one of these since last summer. This is on 8 week post texlaxed hair.

I'm so jealous! I can't wet bun to save my life! No matter what I do, pins, ponytail holders, bun makers, whatever, my ends fall down

Fighting auto correct everyday

KaramelDiva1978

irisak, I'm so glad to see you're still here. I got so busy between going back school, teaching 2nd grade, surgery this past Spring and now 31 weeks, 4 days pregnant. I can't even do my own hair. At first I was just too tired and now I'm just too big and uncomfortable. Somehow, I still have hair, I only wear ponytails and buns between styling appointments. Baby is coming in January and idk what hormones will do to me then.

NGraceO, that bun is gorgeous!! Do you have a tutorial?? I'd love to try it.

Just last week LC

ForumRunner_20141207_232137.jpg

ForumRunner_20141207_232151.jpg

ForumRunner_20141207_232218.jpg
Hubby and I did a quick anniversary/baby moon last weekend.

I've missed you ladies!!

missyrayne19

Today's wash day was extremely rushed. I only did a shampoo, deep condition, then braid out as my style. And now I'm sitting under the dryer for at least 10 minutes to speed up my drying time before I go to bed because my silly self decided to wait til the last minute to do my hair :nono:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Attempting to stretch these roots is becoming a chore. The ssk's have begun. I love roller sets but it does not stretch the roots and flexi rods have been an epic fail. I really don't want to flat iron either, last time I did I had to crank it up to 400 just to get it straight and it reverted a day later. I guess I'll just try tension blow drying on cool and see how that goes.

SuchaLady

I want to retain all my length for the next year and a half. I want MBL-WL hair for graduation in 2016 (I went back to school btw)

irisak

irisak, I'm so glad to see you're still here. I got so busy between going back school, teaching 2nd grade, surgery this past Spring and now 31 weeks, 4 days pregnant. I can't even do my own hair. At first I was just too tired and now I'm just too big and uncomfortable. Somehow, I still have hair, I only wear ponytails and buns between styling appointments. Baby is coming in January and idk what hormones will do to me then.

Just last week LC

I've missed you ladies!!

KaramelDiva1978 Hey Chica! It's good to see you back. Congrats on the little one!

Fighting auto correct everyday

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
DivaChyck I have the Kiss Handless blow dryer which has the cold button. I like this blow dryer, last time I used the tension method with a denman brush and had decent results. I just bought Kenra blow dry spray and Redken Anti- Snap leave in to use for my next wash. I thought about flying out to see my mom to get my hair done but then I found out she's been out of work and needs to have knee replacement surgery so......this DIY will just have to continue.

Last edited:

brownb83

9 weeks post relaxer and was supposed to go 10 weeks but my hair is rebelling. Wanted to relax Sunday but my pores were open from sweating.

So I will relax tomorrow night I think.

danysedai

Relaxed head checking in. I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant so I'm about to do a super long stretch until May or later. Trying to get back on my regimen of weekly DC/ rollersets.

Anybody have any miracle products/techniques for dealing with massive new growth/different textures? I'm trying to avoid heat as much as possible :yep:

Congratulations!
I would look at the transitioning without a BC thread. It's not what you want to do but they have many suggestions about taking care of 2 textures.

NGraceO

Just last week LC

View attachment 287155

View attachment 287157

View attachment 287159

I've missed you ladies!!

You're so sweet! I actually have a YouTube channel, and will let you know when I shoot a tutorial for that style <3

divachyk lol! It certainly was warm in Miami…I want to go back!

missyrayne19

divachyk normally I do too but my scalp freaks out on me if I don't wash it every week. That's why I just did the basics.

I tried a new DC too and while my new growth was like :lick: the rest of my relaxed hair was like :lachen::barf:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
in love with the cut on this wig from RPGshow (and the colour!) trying to resist the itch to cut. If anyone knows of a synthetic or human hair wig with this haircut (especially the back!) that's cheaper please let me know.

That's a gorgeous wig danysedai I don't know of a good alternate. Paging EnExitStageLeft

DivaChyck I have the Kiss Handless blow dryer which has the cold button. I like this blow dryer, last time I used the tension method with a denman brush and had decent results. I just bought Kenra blow dry spray and Redken Anti- Snap leave in to use for my next wash. I thought about flying out to see my mom to get my hair done but then I found out she's been out of work and needs to have knee replacement surgery so......this DIY will just have to continue.

Hope mom's surgery goes well flyygirlll2.

divachyk normally I do too but my scalp freaks out on me if I don't wash it every week. That's why I just did the basics.

I tried a new DC too and while my new growth was like :lick: the rest of my relaxed hair was like :lachen::barf:

missyrayne19, totally understand. Does it itch or flake?

Babygrowth

I can't stop touching my hair. I love this freshly relaxed status. Everything is just better. I can detangle every day with ease especially in the shower. Ahhhhhmazing! Lol

EnExitStageLeft

SuchaLady

YAYYYYYY :happydance:! I went back to school as well. Its hard. I promised myself after graduating from college the first time that I'd never put myself through that hell again.......I lied :lachen:.

divachyk danysedai

Oh honey! That bob is life. :think:

I say try the 21tress or Its A Wig brand. They're the only "cheaper" brands with bobs that I give a second look. They have multiple options in multiple colors.

HTH's