Relaxed Heads: Braidouts & Twistouts *PICS*

Rae81

i havent master the twistout i tried doing flat twist but they wouldnt stay tight they were real loose.

sunnieb

This thread inspired me to ditch my everyday work bun and do a braidout today! I'll post pics tonight!

chasturner84

Twistout using 5 flat twists

Rae81

Here's the tutorial that helped me do my twist outs. It's from SalonCabelo, I love her hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKugFF04jI

To keep mine tight and from unraveling, I roller the ends on satin rollers and pin them at my nape.

thanks i will look at that. i have noticed when i do my braidouts i have alot more breakage while im wearing my hair in that style. i can run my fingers through my hair and i always have hair in my hands. i dont know why that is my hair doesnt normally do that. Anybody have any ideas why that happens.

sunnieb

Ok ladies, here is the braidout I wore today because I was so inspired by all of the beautiful hair in this thread! :grin:

I'm 12 weeks post relaxer today. Last night, I did a shampoo/dc and airdried for about an hour. While it was still wet (Thanks minni323!), I put it up in four braids:

I'm out of practice with my braiding, so they are a little messy!

Here are the results the next morning:

I plan on wearing this for the rest of this week. I'll try to take and post more pics if I can think of some cute styles to do! :yep:

SingBrina

Here's the tutorial that helped me do my twist outs. It's from SalonCabelo, I love her hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKugFF04jI

To keep mine tight and from unraveling, I roller the ends on satin rollers and pin them at my nape.

Wish I would have watched this video before I bought my other products! I see where I went wrong yesterday!!! 1st mistake- my hair was still damped and wet... 2nd mistake- I sprayed scurl all over until my hair was damped thinking this was a good thing and all those curls I had somewhat just came out! :(

But I am trying again today, and will dry it a bit more if it is not completely dry for work. Ill take pics only if it turns out nice!

againstallodds

Wish I would have watched this video before I bought my other products! I see where I went wrong yesterday!!! 1st mistake- my hair was still damped and wet... 2nd mistake- I sprayed scurl all over until my hair was damped thinking this was a good thing and all those curls I had somewhat just came out! :(

But I am trying again today, and will dry it a bit more if it is not completely dry for work. Ill take pics only if it turns out nice!

The very first time I tried a twist out my hair was still wet as well. BIG mistake! I ended up breaking so many strands in the process! I apply my leave ins and let my hair air dry, using the scarf method to flatten my edges. When my hair is about 80% dry, I apply a little coconut oil and then put in the flat twists. If my hair is a little too dry in certain sections I re-wet it a little with my spray bottle.

I hate waiting for my hair to completely dry with the flat twists in. It feels like it takes foorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr. Especially the back and the ends that are wrapped on the silk rollers. I always have to dry it out a bit with my dryer the next morning.

SingBrina I hope you get lovely results, can't wait to see!

SingBrina

The very first time I tried a twist out my hair was still wet as well. BIG mistake! I ended up breaking so many strands in the process! I apply my leave ins and let my hair air dry, using the scarf method to flatten my edges. When my hair is about 80% dry, I apply a little coconut oil and then put in the flat twists. If my hair is a little too dry in certain sections I re-wet it a little with my spray bottle.

I hate waiting for my hair to completely dry with the flat twists in. It feels like it takes foorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr. Especially the back and the ends that are wrapped on the silk rollers. I always have to dry it out a bit with my dryer the next morning.

SingBrina I hope you get lovely results, can't wait to see!

Well I tried it again and the top turned out nice but not the bottom and I had less strands. But I didnt let my hair dry 80% I think I will let it dry more when I do it next time, thanks for that tip. I wont try again for another few weeks, I give up lol.

taz007

Subscribing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to get home in order to try out some of these tips! Some gorgeous heads of hair!

MzShouldaLength

So this picture was taken at the beginning of my hair journey (a year ago), so it's not a "hair" photo per se. Lol. But it's the only braidout pic I have, so I tried. :)

Jazzlyric

Here's one of mine . There were a couple of frizzy spots because I took a couple of braids out and my hair was still wet . I was tired of sitting under the dryer . I just embraced the frizz . I did this with about 20-25 braids .

Last edited:

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I love this thread! Thanks to all the ladies who participated! I wanna try a twist out on dry hair....but I've never done it before...this will serve as great inspiration!

Emz Forever

Here's a pick of the braid out I did a coupla days ago on my NL hair. Before bed, I did seven cornrows going all back, spritzed with Elasta QP H2, covered with scarf, and then unpicked and fluffed in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG00305-20100819-1100.jpg
    IMG00305-20100819-1100.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 151

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I have some of a bantu knot out. I think I used like six knots.

From the top:

Ponytail:

From the back (you can really see how jank it was):

And a failed braidout. My hair didn't even dry all the way. :

Needless to say, I don't wear these out in public. :lol:

Adaoba2012

Subscribing!! I haven't had a successful twistout or braidout yet I need to know the techniques that you ladies are using. I think once my hair gets longer it will come out better as well. I love this thread!