Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Ms. Tiki

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 12 weeks post. I think I'm going to go ahead and texlax tonight instead of waiting 4 more weeks

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I think I'm about 4 right now. I think I'll go 14-16 weeks this time. I can stretch longer, but I have a harder time self-relaxing when I do.

Bnster

I'm 6 months 2 weeks post almost 3 wks. Doing my hard protein treatment now, preparing for next week relaxer. Then I think, uhmm, I am so close to 7 months, do I hang in there. I will see. hahaha. But excited to have all my textures looking one way. Will see.

ETA:
Yea, I found my Mizani BB big tub (medium) so relaxing with that!
Self-relaxing and will try to do a corrective as well.

Last edited:

LexaKing

11 weeks post. But im not relaxing until the end of June. My grandma owns a hair salon and she is the ONLY one that has ever relaxed my hair. But I relax twice a year, usually before Summer and before Winter. I believe she uses Silk Elements to relax, my hair always feels good after. I will post a pic in here :)

Aggie

14 weeks tomorrow and have 12 more weeks to go.

My usual stretch is 16 weeks but because my stretch is going so well, I feel I can definitely go a little longer than my norm but I will watch my hair closely for any demarcation breakage as I go through the stretch.

If there's too much breakage, I will go ahead and texlax it at 16 weeks minimum for sure:yep:.

Zawaj

I think I'm about 4 weeks post. I'm accidentally texlaxed last time and I love it! I think I'll stretch until June.

mturnr88

Relax
Between 8-9 weeks

When is your next touch up?
Last relaxer was 01/12/12 and just did my relaxer 3/10/12

What relaxer will you use?
Olive Oil Normal ( leave on for 20 min )

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?
Self relax and air dry ONLY. No heat since August 2011

Aireen

I'm one month post and ideally I want to relax around the end of June. My stylist uses Optimum Relaxer in regular. :grin:

sonychari

3 weeks post. Relaxed February 20th. Won't relax again until i'm at least 12 weeks post, which will be May 14th.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

After today's wash session think I will end at 13 weeks vs. 14 weeks. I would end now (12 weeks) but I will be out of town later this week, therefore I will schedule my TU for next week.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

I'm 10wks 5 days and will relax at 14 weeks. I relax at 12 wks over the past year so this is my first 14 week stretch...i really want to do 16 wks but I'll have to see how my next washes and co-washes do. I had two bad tangles during my last co-wash.

mamaore

I'm 6 weeks post today with negligible new growth. I'm observing my hair to see how long I can effectively stretch since my hair grows slow.

We'll see.

feelfree

55 weeks post, give or take a few days, and my new growth is SL, a bit longer in some areas.

Blow dried for the first time since early October 2011 and flat ironed for the first time since early March 2011. Definitely at waist length now! I love the questions I am getting from my coworkers who have never seen my hair out and down before. Going for another month or two before I relax. Who knows, maybe more?

Aggie

14 weeks 1 day post today.

EasypeaZee

44 weeks post on Thursday and I'm not exactly sure when I plan on getting my next relaxer....maybe within the next month. I just have to remember to stop my sulfur for a week which is probably going to keep pushing my relaxer date back...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PinkPebbles

I'm 10 weeks post and shooting for 20-24 weeks....:spinning:

princessdi

16 weeks; should have relaxed last weekend but didn't; trying to last until the week I'm off (April 9) but failing drastically. I may have to relax next weekend.:nono:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

9 wks as of yesterday....

PinkPebbles

I have a question for the ladies that stretch more than 12 weeks. How often do you wash your hair? Do you wash more or less?

I shampoo my hair once a week but I'm thinking about shampooing every other week once I get further along in my stretch. My hair type is fine 4b.

sunnieb

PinkPebbles - after 12 weeks, my cowashing/washing goes into overdrive. I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow and I'm already up to every other day. When my newgrowth gets really thick, I might wash 5x a week until I relax.

I have to keep my newgrowth super moist and cowashing/washing does the trick! ;)

Aggie

Welllllllllllllllll, my plans to stretch my relaxer for 24-26 weeks is a :nono:. I don't think it is a good idea afterall, so I will be relaxing tomorrow if all goes well. I will be 15 weeks post.

sunnieb

Aggie - 15 weeks is all I go for and that's a big deal stretch for me!

I don't see how these 20+ weeks stretchers do it.

Aggie

@Aggie - 15 weeks is all I go for and that's a big deal stretch for me!

I don't see how these 20+ weeks stretchers do it.

My normal stretch for the last 3 stretches was 16 weeks but I missed a large area of my hair 2 texlaxers ago and I can't get it straight no matter how much heat I put on it so I will need to do somewhat of a corrective texlax to straighten it a bit.

In addition, I do want my hair a little straighter this time around. The texlax is still too tight. I will have to do the whole head pulling the relaxer through the ends (at the last 3-5 minutes though - starting in the middle) tomorrow. Otherwise I would have to cut my hair really short to get the rough texture off.

Last edited:

Aggie

I just texlaxed my hair this morning and believe by the looks of it so far, it might be okay. I currently have some Kerastase Masque Substantif on it for moisture deep conditioning and sitting under my hooded dryer for about 10 minutes. When I was it out and dry, I'll see just how good this last texlaxer did for my hair.

My hair was wayyyyy too tight the last few texlaxers but this time I only put an ounce of sunflower oil and 2 teaspoons of Keracare Restorative Mask in 5 TBS of Affirm Mild Lye relaxer. I used that much relaxer because I was doing a corrective on my whole head.

Next texlaxer I will only need 4 TBS of relaxer and only 1 teaspoon of the restorative mask and I'll still use the entire 1 ounce of sunflower oil to get the same results. I kid you not, my hair feeels really good. I hope it still does when I'm all done.

niqu92

i relaxed yesterday after 13 weeks and i woke up this morning with 3 scalp burns >:[
my stylist was going super slow when she was relaxing my hair i think the fact that i had almost 2inches of new growth freaked her out because shes used to relaxing my hair every 8weeks this was the first time ive stretched this long and she wanted to make sure she got every single section so i cant really blame her.
when she rinsed the relaxer out i felt mild tingling but it wasnt to the point where i thought id wake up with scalp burns the next day.uggh.im going to apply vitamin E oil and AVG to my scalp 3x a day until i wash my hair next saturday. now im seriously thinking about self relaxing, if not then i'll have to go back to relaxing every 8weeks so my stylist doesnt freak out again. idk what to do..urgh.

Aggie

Okay, update on my texlaxer experience after dcing. It was amazing! I love how much more stretch I have in the curl pattern.

I just flat ironed it and wearing like this for the rest of the day. It is so soft and bouncy.

Here are pics of my texlaxed results today and you can see my hair was already starting to revert to curly in the second pic:lol::

Attachments

• Mar 18, 2012.jpg
    Mar 18, 2012.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Mar 18th 2012, 3 days after trim.jpg
    Mar 18th 2012, 3 days after trim.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 40
  • March 18th, 2012.jpg
    March 18th, 2012.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 36
  • March 18th, 2012 post texlaxer, flat-ironed.jpg
    March 18th, 2012 post texlaxer, flat-ironed.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Aggie

I gatta be honest I love the thickness of it. When my brother saw me, he said you look so 80's. :lol: little did he know, that was actually a compliment for me. I have been trying forever to have BIG hair!

:yep:, I managed to get 4" of hair to look big. I'm so proud of me:grin:.