Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

janeemat

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

10 weeks post planning to relax at 12 wks post. It seems that there are not many relaxed heads around anymore. We seem to be the lonely few:sad:

bebezazueta

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

9 weeks 3 days post! Debating when I should relax again. I may go to 13 weeks and then stretch for 5 months til May 2012 - my 2 year hair anniversary! Stretching to WL! Excited!

beloved1bx

I'm about 12 weeks post. I'll be stretching until the week before Christmas and relax at 15 weeks post at the salon. Stylist uses Mizani ButterBlends (Lye). This is the longest i'll have ever stretched.

Napp

Ms. Nobody

i keep putting of my relaxer i know if i go to a salon they will mess it up but i am a bit scared of doing it myself because i never left a relaxer long enough to straighten my hair which is what i want this go around. im almost 11 weeks post. i plan on using hawaiian silky no base mild.

sweetpea7

Im 12 weeks post..shooting for 20 weeks! it will be the longest stretch i have had since i was little. My stylist uses the classic line from Mizani

Raspberry

I'm only one week post, with 9+ weeks to go. 10-12 weeks is my benchmark for now.

chitowndcgal

9 weeks and 2 more weeks to go. I don't know how u ladies stretch for longer periods! My new growth is crazy after taking hair vitamins and using sulfur based products. Can't wait to have all one texture of hair and actually comb through it!

Sent from my MB860 using MB860

TLC1020

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now?
16 weeks post (4 months)

When is your next touch up?
18-20 weeks post.. Want 20 weeks (5 months)

What relaxer will you use?
Motions Mild Relaxer

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?
Always self relax

Shelew

I am 9 weeks post. Last 2 times I have texlax. I used phyto index 1 because it does not relax my hair well so easy to texlax. It was real easy to see new growth with regular phyto index 2 relaxing bonestraight. Now my texlax hair looks like new growth so scared to do my next one. I started texlax to try to get thicker hair but not sure if this is the right route with a 4 inch puff ball around my head. Can I just go back over texlax hair? This is not working :-(

JadeFox

7-8 weeks post, texlaxed

Maybe First week in January. I try to touch up every 3 months or 4 times a year.

Mizani Butter Blends, Sensitive Scalp

Self-relaxing with the half-n-half method has worked wonders for my hair.

Thanks LHCF!!

sunnieb

10 weeks post planning to relax at 12 wks post. It seems that there are not many relaxed heads around anymore. We seem to be the lonely few:sad:

janeemat - Girl, I'm here and I post like there's no tomorrow! :lol: There are more of us here than you think. Some are just shy. :yep:

i keep putting of my relaxer i know if i go to a salon they will mess it up but i am a bit scared of doing it myself because i never left a relaxer long enough to straighten my hair which is what i want this go around. im almost 11 weeks post. i plan on using hawaiian silky no base mild.

Napp - don't go to a salon that you know will mess you up. Now's the time to search for a new salon that will do your hair like YOU want them to.

I am 9 weeks post. Last 2 times I have texlax. I used phyto index 1 because it does not relax my hair well so easy to texlax. It was real easy to see new growth with regular phyto index 2 relaxing bonestraight. Now my texlax hair looks like new growth so scared to do my next one. I started texlax to try to get thicker hair but not sure if this is the right route with a 4 inch puff ball around my head. Can I just go back over texlax hair? This is not working :-(

Shelew - my gut says that it's okay to go over the previously texlaxed hair, but you need to be extremely careful. Check out some texlaxed threads to see what other ladies have done when they made the switch from texlaxed to bonelaxed.

NIN4eva

I'm about 6 weeks. And I will not be relaxing until I see at least and inch or more of NG all over. I don't use heat regularly so it feels like I'm already at 12 weeks. lol! Gonna do a co-wash and rollerset today and I may sit under the dryer for a while. I'm not in the mood to have wet hair all day.

Last edited:

back2relaxed

I have just this upcoming week to go before I get my relaxer on next Saturday morning!! I can't wait!

jenaccess

On Dec 1st I will be 12 weeks post relaxed.
My next touch up will be on Dec. 30th
I will be using Affirm fiberguard.
I am self-relaxing

naturalpride

I think I may relax tonight with Silk Elements Megasilk Relaxer with shea butter.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
yeaa babae!! I'm 15 weeks post. Sitting here doing a protein treatment preparing for my relaxer next week. So relieved!!!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

bahamababe242

13 weeks post---hope to relax Dec 18

LongCurlz

was 16 weeks post I relaxed today, I dont know if I will go 16 weeks again because I got so many tangles after I relaxed even-though I detangled 2 days in a row before...soo frustrated

WorkInProgress88

17 wks post, idk when I'll relax , maybe some time after the new yr...yarn braids are way more easier than dealing with my hair

I should be full bsl by then

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
LongCurlz OMG!!! Me too!!!! I'm 16 weeks and my hair has some serious tangle issues! never again! 12 to 14 weeks max from now on :(

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

xu93texas

As of tomorrow, I'll be exactly 11 weeks post relaxer. I went to my stylist Wednesday and she gave me a protein treatment using Dudley's DRC 28. That stuff is the truth!!!:lick: She blowdried my roots and flat ironed my hair, and my hair is so straight, silky, and bouncy. I'm thinking about doing this every 4 weeks!! My 2012 goal is to relax 3 times per year.

StarScream35

My last relaxer was September 10. Been stretching using Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Lotion, Deep Condition and Dominican Blowouts~~roots only though. So far I'm looking good and going strong. I almost want to go natural at this point. In fact I'm due for a relaxer in and around Dec 19 and I might just get a Dominican Blowout and keep stretching.

I use Mizani Butter Blends

I self relax and love it. Don't have to worry about hearing "you need a trim with every relaxer".

Last edited:

StarScream35

TrulyMade

I ordered the entire system from Amazon. I ordered the mild/color treated one and noticed it wasn't getting the job done so I went and bought just the medium relaxer from a BSS. I self lax and so far Butter Blends has never let me down. My hair feels nice n' full after each relaxer and the system smells really good.

growbaby

10 days

Who knows. I usually stretch between 14-18 weeks but since I have been taking vitamins regularly my hair is growing faster and thicker sooo I guess I will relax when i can no longer take it lol. Definitely not before 12 weeks though.

I used Optimum care last time and i really liked it so probably that.

Self-relax... better known as Mom-relax lol

beans4reezy

71 weeks post. Planning on relaxing in about 3 weeks.