Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

PureSilver

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

15 weeks post, not sure how many more weeks i will go because i'm not feeling a fresh relaxer in this frigid weather.

PureSilver

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

about 8 weeks post. and just found out I'm expecting so I guess I have to stretch :(

No sad face expectant mommy. Stretching is a beautiful thing. i hope this pregnancy gives you NG like weeds. Congratulations.

Penelope74

LAWD,, I'm 14 weeks post and I'm soooo ready. I have about an inch and a half new growth. Every night I fight off my intense urge to relax.. but I have a question,, can I do a hard protein immediately afterwards??

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.

LAWD,, I'm 14 weeks post and I'm soooo ready. I have about an inch and a half new growth. Every night I fight off my intense urge to relax.. but I have a question,, can I do a hard protein immediately afterwards??

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I have done a mid-step (after rinsing relaxer, but before neutralizing) protein treatment (African Royale). Do you think your hair is strong enough for that?

Penelope74

Its quite strong,, no to very low breakage.. I was thinking of Aphogee 2- step. Whats Africian Royal?? (at 1st I typed Crown Royal) :):):)

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.

Its quite strong,, no to very low breakage.. I was thinking of Aphogee 2- step. Whats Africian Royal?? (at 1st I typed Crown Royal) :):):)

Lolol, African Royale is a protein treatment, but not as "hard" as the 2-step. It smells really good too.

mrsroberson86

10 weeks post relaxer...I will be relaxing I guess sometime after I deliver my baby. Around 40+ weeks. My hair is already growing so fast that it's harder for me to manage. Between my pregnancy complications and my hair.. I am just over it.

naija24

I'm 19 weeks post- relaxer.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

xu93texas I dont know why I assumed you were going natural. Didn't you stretch this long before earlier this year? We may be hair buddies. I am at 18 weeks post and while I am still big on going natural EVENTUALLY I am kind of excited to just stretch until I make a decision either way.

When are you planning to relax?

bklynbornNbred

I just looked at calendar I'll be 52 weeks on Monday. My curls were looking cute when I washed today I was so tempted to just cut although I didn't start this stretch with intention of transitioning. I'll make decision soon.

Evolving78

I'm 4 weeks post. I don't plan on stretching long. Just going to try to make it to 12-14 weeks. I'm not trying to be anyone's hero!

iLurk

5th week post new growth is already a pain in the a

kikisf

Made it to 10 weeks instead of my usually 5 and 1/2! Thanks for all the help. I was shooting for 12 weeks but have finals the couple of weeks, its raining nonstop and I had 2 inches of new growth.

BFeathers

51 weeks and 4 days. I made it :party:
Tuesday will be 52 weeks even and relaxer here I come!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

Week 20!!!! If I can make it 4 more, then I've met my goal of 6 months. With wigs, I think I can do it so long as wash days don't become too much of an issue.

SuchaLady

51 weeks and 4 days. I made it :party: Tuesday will be 52 weeks even and relaxer here I come!

You're never going to want to relax your hair :lol: I don't want to go natural but I've gotten my stretching down so solidly that I'm often like now what? I recently relaxed after nearly a 2 year stretch and I might not relax again for another year :look:

Congrats Lady.

Babygrowth

51 weeks and 4 days. I made it :party:
Tuesday will be 52 weeks even and relaxer here I come!

You're never going to want to relax your hair :lol: I don't want to go natural but I've gotten my stretching down so solidly that I'm often like now what? I recently relaxed after nearly a 2 year stretch and I might not relax again for another year :look:

Congrats Lady.

Long stretches are sooo addictive. I could probably do 2 years. :look:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
SuchaLady, :blowkiss: thank you!

Babygrowth SuchaLady if my hair is doing good at 6 months, I will keep stretching. Let me not get ahead of myself. I haven't made it to 6 months yet.

What I find weird, the longer I stretch, the easier it is to manage my ng and more problematic the relaxed hair becomes. My ng is soft and detangles well. My relaxed hair gets kind of tangled up. Is this true for y'all?

SuchaLady

Yes! My hair is like straw every so often but I know it's temporary so I've never worried about it. My 18 month post hair was sometimes softer than my 4 month post hair. While using the same products! I have seen new naturals express the same thoughts we have so we aren't crazy :giggle: divachyk

ETA: I don't have a tangling problem though. I only get tangles when I don't comb before washing.

Babygrowth

divachyk you are doing an amazing job! And yes that is true until I relax. Idk why but that's why wigging or braids are my best friends during long stretches.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
lol I'm honored! You are mine too! You really have got your Reggie down!

I use the hair diary app that one if the other members designed, right now its available on android only. Have you seen it? It really help me keep track of everything, eliminate what hasn't worked, continue what does or just tweak things a bit. I use it every time I do something to my hair. It sure does beat going back thru the threads to see what I did. I asked her to create a wish list in her next update! shortdub78

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Last edited:

bklynbornNbred

SuchaLady, :blowkiss: thank you!

Babygrowth SuchaLady if my hair is doing good at 6 months, I will keep stretching. Let me not get ahead of myself. I haven't made it to 6 months yet.

What I find weird, the longer I stretch, the easier it is to manage my ng and more problematic the relaxed hair becomes. My ng is soft and detangles well. My relaxed hair gets kind of tangled up. Is this true for y'all?

This is true for me which is why I'm in no rush to relax yet. With winter here I'd only be pulling in buns to keep hat from cutting off all my progress. My new growth is behaving well. I'm thisclose to chopping but if I do I'll do in the spring. This winter is going to be a beast.

Last edited: