Relaxed ladies with long hair

baddison

natural for good
I'm only shoulder length. Figured the post would give me hope lol

I'm on my way to BSL. Stick around this forum. Its got everything you need to know to grow healty relaxed - and natural - hair.

You wouldn't BELIEVE where I started from in 2008. check out my fotki. Sometimes, I still don't believe it myself. Patience and consistency will get you there.:yep:

kami11213

I'm btwn MBL and WL... I'll know for sure after this stretch is over... but it's definitely possible. There are many relaxed ladies on this board w/ APL or longer hair, tons of inspiration... I agree w/ the other poster who said check out the FOM section...

MrsIQ

Relaxed, grazing BSL checking in. Could not have done it without the info I got here!

godzooki

Relaxed head here. I'm technically at BSL now but I'm not claiming it until I'm FULLY brushing past it. :)

vestaluv1

I'm relaxed and past APL. I'm somewhere around BSL/MBL.

If someone could tell me what length they think I am from looking my siggy, that would be much appreciated.

I think I'm quite close to MBL :ohwell:.

VirtuousBeauty

Great to see so many long haired ladies! I just need to get my regimen together and get that Rapunzel hair (^_^) (minus floor dirt from all that hair draggin)

Brownie518

I did make it to BSL this year but I cut it back to SL. I don't like the maintenance of all that long hair for me. But it is most definitely possible for us to have long healthy hair too :)

:yep: Me, too, and I am about to cut mine, as well. Maybe just above APL. It's really gettin on my nerves right now. Probably the heat. :look:

NIN4eva

I did make it to BSL this year but I cut it back to SL. I don't like the maintenance of all that long hair for me. But it is most definitely possible for us to have long healthy hair too :)

You know I never imagined I would think of it that way, but I'm finally reaching APL and when I'm doing my hair I'm like "Ugh, this is kind of a pain in the a**". Especially with the new growth...

But I'm trying to get blunt so I'm gonna kim.

silkii_locks

Relaxed and blunt BSL here. I was very close to Mid Back but after a good trim I'm at blunt BSL. I started out at between SL and APL.

India*32

I love love love this thread. Thanks, Sylver2 for reaching out to sisters with that, tough 4a/b locks and relaxed. I did a bc last year May 09 and wore it natural for 6 months. Too much work and went back to lye relaxer. My hair is now, neck length and full/strong. Wanakee said it would take at least 4 years to grow out to bsl or longer. Thanks all for posting before and after pictures.

India

teacherjess

You ladies are an inspiration to me because I want to keep getting my hair relaxed yet still achieve lengths. It seems like we all have relaxer stretching in common to reach goals, but can you all post & tell me how long some of you stretch your relaxer? I am almost going on 13 weeks already and I'm about over all this NG...and I'm only in the middle of the stretch.
Do you get braids or weaves to help you through it?
Does anyone just continue to bun & style your own hair even at 15, 20, or 25 weeks post (and not have tons of breakage and broken combs from the tough texture)? Please respond. TIA

NIN4eva

I feel comfortable only going as far as 12 weeks. When I transitioned I just braided after that.

Now that I plan continue relaxing, at about week nine I co-wash regularly, air dry and wear curly sets. Trying to get my roots to match the length at that point is completely useless.