Relaxer and treatment advice--going to the spa!

moonlightchic18

Ladies,

I'm going to the spa this week because I'm in desperate need of a relaxer retouch and I also want to be pampered because quite frankly, I deserve it. :yep:

I'm thinking about getting these two treatments after my relaxer, but can you tell me if they would have any adverse effects?

I'm just going to copy the descriptions straight from the website (http://pineappledayspa.com/Menu/Hair/tabid/66/Default.aspx)

Relaxing: relaxing includes consultation, relaxer process, pineapple’s signature shampoo, basic blow dry & style. pricing may vary depending on length of hair, thickness, curl, etc. select a finishing style to enhance your design. treatment performed by a certified relaxing
technician.

Powerdose treatment (45 min): powerdose by l’oreal professional is an intense, customized keratin protein hair treatment repairing hair on a molecular level. infusing keratin protein into the cutex layer of the hair, while surrounding the hair from the outside with keratin protein shows immediate results, leaving hair silky smooth and super shiny.

Aromatherapy scalp massage (45 min):relieve tension, stress and headaches with a relaxing scalp massage featuring young living essential oils. choose a custom blend of oils to sooth and relax your senses while experiencing massage on the scalp and temples. includes shampoo, basic blow dry & style.

Please let me know if you think these will be fine. Either way, I can't wait to get my retouch! :lick:

Wow they sound yummy....I hope some of the other ladies will chime in with some opinions because I have not been to a hair salon in over 10 years.

I heard that keratin might revert your retouch, especially if your using lye. I'm not sure about that though just letting you know.

The L'oreal professional line is excellent- especially if you could get it professionally done...If you were just going for a shampoo/blow dry - I would recommend the scalp massage but since you are going getting a re-touch I would go with the powerdose...

I use lye relaxer and I mix (2) types of Keratin protein in it and my mid-step conditioner normally has Keratin so there are no adverse effects/reversion from using Keratin with this relaxer...

Sounds like you are going to have a very nice time...make sure that stylist understands your requests and discuss the aspects of the powerdose as your hair might not require it...

I would choose the Powerdose. The relaxing process permanently breaks protein bonds that cannot revert so you need all the strength you can get. There are plenty of ladies here that use protein immediately after relaxing and have amazingly long and strong hair. Hopefully they will chime in to offer some insight.

Have fun on your pamper date. I wish I could switch places with you...

Thanks for the advice ladies! I'm sure it'll be a great couple of hours and I'll make sure to let everyone know how it goes/ post pics!

Back