• root1.jpg
    root1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 26
  • roots2.jpg
    roots2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 30

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Back in the game. I'm currently five weeks post. I stretched for 20 weeks. Who knows how long I'll go this time.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

MonaLisa

Made it to the 25 week mark.....1 mo to go for 6 month stretch completion..
Will relax at 27 weeks for the holiday...

mistee11

I'm stretching at 25 weeks. It's winter and you know what that means... forced air heating, bone chilling hair snapping cold. What to do?... Add to the stress by relaxing? I dunno maybe I should... I'm hoping that I can stretch till the end of the year. If not I'll be slappin the creamy crack on in another week or so.

TG2000

I am getting relax tomorrow! My intial goal was 16 wks. I am now at 28 wks! I can't believe it! I am so ready for this challenge to be over for me! My SO is taking me out to dinner for relaxing a week earlier!

luvovcandy

My last relaxer was November 1st. I usually relax my hair every 2 months because my new growth is hard to manage...especially in the middle of my head. The longest I went without a relaxer was about 4 months and that was when I was pregnant in 2007. Ive recently been using Just 4 Me 2-in-1 conditioning detangler (Dont laugh!) and it has been working wonders with taming my new growth and helping it cooperate when I do my buns. I think I will start relaxing every 4 months. My next relaxer will most likely be March 1st (17 weeks). I hope to gain a good 2 - 2 1/2 inches by then. If March comes and I feel as though I can stretch it longer, I will try.

SmartyPants

I fell off the wagon. I relaxed after eleven weeks in September then I got scared I was going to lose all my progress and relaxed at eight weeks in November. I am at seven weeks now. It occurred to me that I am most likely to relax between 7-9 weeks when I don't moisturize my hair enough and my hair starts to feel rough as I am rollersetting--usually after I have done an Aphogee treatment. So, I am making a conscious effort to make sure I REALLY deep condition after doing a protein treatment so I will not be tempted to relax.

I am at 7 weeks trying for a 20 week stretch. I am going for 3 relaxers next year with 20-19-19 stretches.

neyhla

Im in
I useally relaxer at 28 weeks post. My last relaxer was on August 2nd so I m trying to stretch until the end of march it will be 32 weeks post...

vnaps

i think i'll also join this challenge (2009's the year of challenges for me)

i want to switch from no lye to lye relaxer so want to have as much growth as possible to avoid much overlap

my last texlax: sunday 21 december 2008

usual stretch: 12 weeks

next stretch: i will go hardcore and make it 18 weeks!!!!

next texlax: 7 may.

if i'm still ok by then i might go 20 weeks!!!

Have decded to go 6 Months/24 Weeks.....Next texlax 21 June 2009!!!

Last edited:

Tamrin

unapologetic
currently 24 weeks post. I'm joining the 2009 challenge. Stretching has changed my hair. I love it At this time I have no limit on my stretching. However I'm not transitioning.

moonglowdiva

I too believe I will jump in for 2009.

Currently I am 11 weeks post but won't relax until I am 12 weeks post with will be December 27, 2008.

I normally relax at 9 weeks post but decided to go longer.

Since I am going to add 4 weeks to what I did this time and I believe that it would put me 16 weeks post.

Anticipated relaxer day for this challenge will be April 18, 2008

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Well I will be 17 weeks post as of tomorrow. I met my original goal for the challenge. I will relax on Thursday.

Hair2Dye4

I'm in!

Currently 26 weeks post
2008 Relaxers- 1/5/08 6/28/08
Last stretch was 25 weeks, hoping to do current stretch for 40 weeks.....Whew that's still another 3 1/2 months.

It hasn't been too bad though, but I'm in dire need of a SUPERB detangler. Any suggestions????

Dommo

Im in!! I usually relax every 8 weeks with no problem; i know I can go longer but never do...So, I am aiming for 12 weeks. My last touch-up was NOv 19 so my next touch-up should be mid Feb.

mistee11

Going on 28 weeks come this Wednesday... hope to stretch for another 2 weeks or so. I've been experiencing a lot of itchin' so I been scritchin' (bad i know!) :spank: Until I can stop the scalp irritation I won't be able to relax. I think I'm going to have to chelate. Does anyone know of a good inexpensive way to chelate? I don't have any money to spend on any new products right now. Mega Tek is giving me a lot of thickened new growth and I apply it every 2 to 3 days or so but it's giving me a lot of dryness and flaking. I mix it with some good oils like BT, EVOO and Vitamin E oil.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Going on 28 weeks come this Wednesday... hope to stretch for another 2 weeks or so. I've been experiencing a lot of itchin' so I been scritchin' (bad i know!) :spank: Until I can stop the scalp irritation I won't be able to relax. I think I'm going to have to chelate. Does anyone know of a good inexpensive way to chelate? I don't have any money to spend on any new products right now. Mega Tek is giving me a lot of thickened new growth and I apply it every 2 to 3 days or so but it's giving me a lot of dryness and flaking. I mix it with some good oils like BT, EVOO and Vitamin E oil.

Have you tried to coffee rinse? It might help with moisture level and that should help your scalp. Do you co wash?.

As for me as of midnight I'm 25 weeks post. I have a lot of NG and I just started a grow my edges challenge.

BeautyFul-LDJ

Ladies, count me in! I usually relax every four weeks to the day! My last relaxer was 11/5/2008. So, that makes me almost 8wks post. It is so hard. Not b/c I desire to relax, but b/c I am finding it very hard to detangle after washing. I just washed, DC'ed and braided to wear under wig. I have been only washing once a week. But after doing some research on other stretchers, I realize I should probably incorporate some co-washes. Wish me luck.

A_Christian

I'm a little over 25 weeks post and counting. I would love to have stretched for a whole year to give my hair and scalp an even longer break from the chemicals. We'll see. I plan to relax no more than twice per year from now on as I've had no problems with long stretches thanks to the board and my beloved Humecto!:grin:

Last edited:

dr.j

I'm in too --- new to LHCF. Last relaxer was 11/7/08. Would like to stretch it to my birthday, March 7th.

mistee11

Have you tried to coffee rinse? It might help with moisture level and that should help your scalp. Do you co wash?.

As for me as of midnight I'm 25 weeks post. I have a lot of NG and I just started a grow my edges challenge.

I do cowash but not often enough I guess. :look: Maybe I will give the coffee rinse a try. How do you do it?

blessedandlucky

i'm in too. i'm 8 weeks post relaxer and i'm getting scared. i was doing fine and then i washed last week and it seems like new growth sprang up outta nowhere!!! i'm aiming for 12-16 weeks. looks like it'll be closer to 12 depending on my wash. how do you ladies do it?! i'm going to hang in there though...