Salon Review and mini Update with Pics

shtow

Salon Avenue is the best salon in Baltimore County! I went to see Tracey today and was out in 2 hours! Yes! When I went in, there are double doors and they buzz you in when u tell them your appointment. It is a spa and salon and cafe in one, yall! The stylists work on the clients in their own separate rooms. Well, anyway, I came in and she based me. I was 10 weeks post and my hair was very unruly. She was very patient and detangled my hair gently and applied my fav relaxer- narobi. She actually neutralized my hair numerous times and got my kitchen. All of my previous stylist never rinsed the kitchen that well which is probably why it always broke. She wiped my face while rinsing and used a 2-n-1 protein moisturizing conditioner by Sami? which was great! I felt like I was being pampered; so much so, that I took a nice nap. The service is EXCELLENT. They are very catering to their clients. She took my coat and put it back on for me lol It was only $55. She asked me if it was ok with me before shae put ANYTHING in my hair. She also didnt trim when I told her I wanted to skip a trim. She also had me fill out a client info card which included my contact info, the days I prefer to go to the salon, my hair type, my kind of porosity, my favorite products, etc ( I love that they do this). She asked what I wanted and I told her to flat iron it so she dried my loose under the dryer, gently blow dried, and flat ironed. She then lightly greased my scalp with KeraCare dry itchy scalp. Any ladies from Maryland, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SALON/SPA/CAFE lol

SO here are pics of my hair. She said she can tell I take great care of my hair and said I had almost 0 shedding and breakage. Thank you lord, my layers and bangs are finally growing out! http://public.fotki.com/nannypans/2008/february-update/

Last edited:

hopeful

Good for you! I can't see the pics either because of the password protection and I can't get if from your profile (if its there) because your profile's only available to your buddies. But your experience sounded really wonderful, lucky you!

glamazon386

Shtow Your hair turned out nice. Where's the salon located?

ETA: Nevermind I found the website. This is close I might have to check them out. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

shtow

Shtow Your hair turned out nice. Where's the salon located?

ETA: Nevermind I found the website. This is close I might have to check them out. Thanks for posting!

Thank you and your welcome! Its def worth a try! They have me spoiled. Let me know how it goes:grin:

LivingDoll

Your hair is gorgeous! Last week I posted a thread looking for a salon/stylist in Baltimore. This is right on time. I'm assuming this is the Salon Avenue in the shopping center at Liberty & Old Court (let me know if it's not). That's right near me. It would be nice if I could find someone to help me grow out. Thanks for the recommendation.

LivingDoll

Salon Avenue is the best salon in Baltimore County! I went to see Tracey today and was out in 2 hours! Yes! When I went in, there are double doors and they buzz you in when u tell them your appointment. It is a spa and salon and cafe in one, yall! The stylists work on the clients in their own separate rooms. Well, anyway, I came in and she based me. I was 10 weeks post and my hair was very unruly. She was very patient and detangled my hair gently and applied my fav relaxer- narobi. She actually neutralized my hair numerous times and got my kitchen. All of my previous stylist never rinsed the kitchen that well which is probably why it always broke. She wiped my face while rinsing and used a 2-n-1 protein moisturizing conditioner by Sami? which was great! I felt like I was being pampered; so much so, that I took a nice nap. The service is EXCELLENT. They are very catering to their clients. She took my coat and put it back on for me lol It was only $55. She asked me if it was ok with me before shae put ANYTHING in my hair. She also didnt trim when I told her I wanted to skip a trim. She also had me fill out a client info card which included my contact info, the days I prefer to go to the salon, my hair type, my kind of porosity, my favorite products, etc ( I love that they do this). She asked what I wanted and I told her to flat iron it so she dried my loose under the dryer, gently blow dried, and flat ironed. She then lightly greased my scalp with KeraCare dry itchy scalp. Any ladies from Maryland, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SALON/SPA/CAFE lol

SO here are pics of my hair. She said she can tell I take great care of my hair and said I had almost 0 shedding and breakage. Thank you lord, my layers and bangs are finally growing out! http://public.fotki.com/nannypans/2008/february-update/

Did you take your relaxer with you or did she already have it?