Salon Review and mini Update with Pics

HoneyDew

Your hair looks lovely!

Thanks for the review of the salon, also.

It came right on time for me, actually. I decided that from now on I am going to start getting my relaxers professionally done. I am so afraid of stylists though.

Salon Avenue is a bit of a drive for me (considering I hardly ever have a reason to be on 695 most times) but I think it would be worth it to go there every other month if I can get good service. The place seems very inviting.

I made an appointment for March 22nd (my next touchup time) and I am excited. I did not ask for Tracy, so I hope I get someone just as good. :yep: Was that your first time there? Have you used any other stylists there?

Edited to add:

I was thinking....Maybe I should go in sooner, for a wash and set or something just to feel the place out. I might just do that.

Last edited:

shtow

Your hair looks lovely!

Thanks for the review of the salon, also.

It came right on time for me, actually. I decided that from now on I am going to start getting my relaxers professionally done. I am so afraid of stylists though.

Salon Avenue is a bit of a drive for me (considering I hardly ever have a reason to be on 695 most times) but I think it would be worth it to go there every other month if I can get good service. The place seems very inviting.

I made an appointment for March 22nd (my next touchup time) and I am excited. I did not ask for Tracy, so I hope I get someone just as good. :yep: Was that your first time there? Have you used any other stylists there?

Edited to add:

I was thinking....Maybe I should go in sooner, for a wash and set or something just to feel the place out. I might just do that.

It was my first time there. My mom has been going for a while. Im not sure about the other stylist but Tracey is just very warm and welcoming! I think the wash and set idea is good. 695 is a breeze as long as your not on it between 3:30 pm and 8 pm, this is coming from someone who drove it twice a day 5 days a week. I could get a 45 min drive thru in 20 minutes lol :auto: Let me know how it goes!

shtow

Your hair is gorgeous! Last week I posted a thread looking for a salon/stylist in Baltimore. This is right on time. I'm assuming this is the Salon Avenue in the shopping center at Liberty & Old Court (let me know if it's not). That's right near me. It would be nice if I could find someone to help me grow out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Its off of Painters Mill Road and Dolfied in Owings Mills. Behind Childtime.

shtow

Nice color. Why did you let her grease ur scalp?

Why not? lol I have always had problem with flaking. I grease my scalp with my own mix of coconut oil and tea tree oil. She did ask first instead of slapping it on there:lachen:. The KeraCare felt GREAT on my scalp, it even has a little refreshing tingle left today. I wouldnt use it on the regular cuz I like my coconut/ tea tee because it is all natural and effective.

scarcity21

literally...5 mins away from me...I wonder if they do natural hair?
ETA: just checked out ur fotki...gorgeous...she did a great job!

shtow

literally...5 mins away from me...I wonder if they do natural hair?
ETA: just checked out ur fotki...gorgeous...she did a great job!

Well my stylist looks natural. I watched her give someone a texturizer. On the comment card they file away with your info you can check if you are relaxed or natural.

JerriBlank

This sound sooo goood!!
I'm jealous now! I wish customer service at hair salons was like that around dese parts:drunk:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I started :giggle: when you said you fell asleep! I'm sooo jealous that you have a good stylist that works in a professional salon! That's so hard to find

Your hair looks brutiful, so healthy and full of body :yep:

Anancy

OMG your hair is gorgeous, thick and luscious looking. Lucky for you to find a great stylist who is on your side.

shtow

I started :giggle: when you said you fell asleep! I'm sooo jealous that you have a good stylist that works in a professional salon! That's so hard to find

Your hair looks brutiful, so healthy and full of body :yep:

:lachen:@ brutiful! Yes gurl. My mom says she is tempted to fall asleep every time she goes too. I was so tired cuz I woke up at 4 to work out and I had to be to work at 6 :ohwell: (hence me displaying to the world wide web my ugly arse work uniform lol). But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Last edited:

noemi

FINALLY I have a name!

I friend of mine has been going there for a while, but she would say she couldn't "remember" the name just that it was in Owings Mills. hahaha I'm going to check them out to do my hair for my trip.:grin:

HoneyDew

Why not? lol I have always had problem with flaking. I grease my scalp with my own mix of coconut oil and tea tree oil. She did ask first instead of slapping it on there:lachen:. The KeraCare felt GREAT on my scalp, it even has a little refreshing tingle left today. I wouldnt use it on the regular cuz I like my coconut/ tea tee because it is all natural and effective.

I know some folks that would have loved the greezed scalp! I don't do grease on a regular basis, but I would not have been mad if she did at all.