September 2016: Hits & Misses

Continued hit: Garnier fructis sleek n shine leave in cream. Nothing gives my hair moisture like this. Nothing. I've strayed to other leave-ins but I always return to this no matter what. I can go a full week without remoisturizing. I don't know why I keep looking for something "better".

Hits:

Nuance by Salma Hayek conditioners

This is actually from earlier this year/late last month but both of the conditioners I used from this line (one deep and one rinse out) were really good. And they're reasonably priced/on sale often so that's a plus. They make my hair stronger and manageable but with just the right softness

Those Nuance conditioners have always been nice! They saved me for a while. Good prices, and awesome ingredients. I need to revisit once I use up some condishes.

Hit: Spraying my 6 chunky twists (which have been residing beneath my wig during the day) with APB refresher spray. Finally I see the use of sprays! (My dense wash-and-go's were NEVER impressed with nor affected by sprays. Lol!)
:yep: I agree, refresher sprays are awesome to spray on braided hair worn under wigs. I love my wigs so these sprays do come in handy especially on days when I'm feeling lazy and don't feel like unraveling my celies to moisturize them one by one.

Hit and Miss:
Sarenzo Twisting Frosting and MHC Buttery Soy.

I don't they belong together. The Frosting is good and creamy so it's not light enough as a leave in (for me) but not heavy enough to use alone. The Buttery Soy is moisturizer worthy and so I think it was like using two moisturizers. Next time, I will use the Frosting differently.

Hit: Mizani Botanifying Conditioning Shampoo

I used this years ago. Not sure why I stopped but it's great. Love it. Doesn't dry out my hair but gets everything clean.

Hit: Smooth N Shine Instant Repair Hair Polish

Does indeed provide smoothness and shine. It's thicker than the GVP Silk Remedy or Chi Silk Infusion I was using but my hair is really soft and I can find it in 8oz bottles for about $7. I really like it. Will finish out this 4oz bottle to see if it's consistently good.

Meh: Aunt Jackie's Girls Super Duper Softening Conditioner

I used it today... It's really a take or leave kind of thing. I like it but in order to make it "great" I'd probably have to add some hemp or grapeseed oil to it. It smells great though - like candy, and I'm kind of happy about it because my head was smelling like garlic and onions (my house too) so it banished that well :lol:

Hit:
Jane Carter frizz free style smoother (something like that lol)

This is super light and perfect for rollersets. It literally absorbed on contact with my low porosity hair. Not alot of slip, but I detangled during the prepoo and DC sessions.

Continued hit:
CD styling foam. Great on wet and dry hair for rollersets

Yall my hair is so light and has body ody ody. I wasn't getting this with kckt and CD foam so I'm guessing it the jane carter stuff.

Miss: raggedy vendors and their raggedy thrown together sales knowing darn well they don't have products in stock. You will not be getting my money to go purchase your ingredients so you can whip up what you didn't have to offer from the beginning and make me wait forever and a day to get my products. NO!

Hit & Miss
SM peace rose oil cream gel. This is an awesome styler. Provides a decent amount of moisture and defines curls very well. The scent just lingers until you wash your hair. My girls wash n go lasted all week but they smelled like a flower shop for the entire time.

I want to try this so much but that smell :nono:
Their scent department really needs to check themselves cause that rose smell...:barf:

Hit & Miss
SM peace rose oil cream gel. This is an awesome styler. Provides a decent amount of moisture and defines curls very well. The scent just lingers until you wash your hair. My girls wash n go lasted all week but they smelled like a flower shop for the entire time.

Ditto! I actually get good moisture and decent light hold, but the smell :barf:

Back