Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

fluffyforever

I remoisturized my hair last night with water. Then I added a bit more Shea Alma Parfait. This morning my hair is smooth and well moisturized.

GGsKin

@AbsyBlvd
Which one did you get Sis?:scratchchin:

I have one. I need to pull mine out. I think I got Curl Keeper's H2O?

Do it lol. I got the Kinky Curly Coily one (I got 2 lol). I picked them up at Curly Treats hair show on Saturday. There's this delay-spray action to it; 1 spray goes for a long time and the mist is so so fine.

Last edited:

sissimpson

I have to confess... I cheated on Shea this week. I used straight avocado butter - not mixed with anything - after I washed my hair 4 days ago. I haven't had to add anything since, other than a little oil to brush down my edges for church yesterday. I may try alternating between the two.
I have been thinking of whipping up straight avocado butter for sale to people who are sensitive to nut butters. I just bought a 3 lb tub of unrefined and one of refined

yamilee21

I have been thinking of whipping up straight avocado butter for sale to people who are sensitive to nut butters. I just bought a 3 lb tub of unrefined and one of refined
I did not even bother to whip it, because it is so soft (compared to unwhipped shea butter) but I think I will, just to see whether it makes a difference.

On another note, I bought several varieties of Alaffia Conditioner. The ones with shea butter contain a lot of shea butter - as in, hair is so coated with shea butter even after rinsing that there is no point in adding any additional butters to the hair after. I probably won't buy this brand again once we're done with it (the ones without shea butter don't do anything at all) but for anyone looking for a lazier way of incorporating shea butter, Alaffia Conditioners may be your thing.

kupenda

I did not even bother to whip it, because it is so soft (compared to unwhipped shea butter) but I think I will, just to see whether it makes a difference.

On another note, I bought several varieties of Alaffia Conditioner. The ones with shea butter contain a lot of shea butter - as in, hair is so coated with shea butter even after rinsing that there is no point in adding any additional butters to the hair after. I probably won't buy this brand again once we're done with it (the ones without shea butter don't do anything at all) but for anyone looking for a lazier way of incorporating shea butter, Alaffia Conditioners may be your thing.

I’ll look into this

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
We are counting down with about five (5) months left to go until the end of the year. Queen Shea has personally rocked my world unlike any other ingredient. The most dramatic impact has been with the elimination of monster tangles. I no longer lose entire, whole curls, like I used to do. Those tangles have been my worst issues. The next most dramatic change Shea has had on my hair is the minimizing of split, dry ends. I get a predictable, little, hair growth spurt every other month.

I'll talk to everyone in September. Have a great rest of the summer!

LivingInPeace

I’ve been so lazy. I need to make my mix for a few days and I’ve just refused to do it. I really hope I see some significant growth by the end of the year. I need to use more Shea on the front area of my hair. It’s my slowest growing and most split prone area. I can’t get it more than an inch past my chin. The rest of my hair is around APL.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Hey Ladies, long time no see!*hugs* I had to take a little break because I fractured my finger (the index one to boot!) So I’ve been getting my hair done at the salon while I let my finger heal. But now I’m back like I never left haha. Not fully functioning yet (I have to hold my finger out the way while doing my hair) so braiding is impossible but twists are my go-to, just takes a bit longer. I am also back to our love, Queen Shea. I ran out of the first batch I whipped (which lasted forever, especially considering I used it on my body too). So I bought some Alikay’s Naturals Shea Butter Hair Parfait to use for now -- omg, I LOVE the way this stuff smells and the consistency is perfect, I’m going to try double whipping my next batch to see if I can get close.

I will order more (going to get 2 lbs this time!) from Queen Cleopatra’s when I get paid this Friday. My plan is to two strand twist in smaller sections weekly. Keep the twists in during the week for work and wear a twist-out on the weekend. This way my hair is fairly protected and styled nicely but I still get to enjoy wearing my hair out and down.

Attached below is a pic of my hair (blow dry and flat iron at the salon). Let’s consider this my starting pic since I am going to be more diligent about using shea butter from now on. I’m excited to see how much growth I can get in the next 6 months. My first hair goal is APL and ultimate WL/APL curly.

Attachments

• 21032C28-3EA9-4267-BC2A-7DEF0B62482F.jpeg
    21032C28-3EA9-4267-BC2A-7DEF0B62482F.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 884C2AED-8CB8-489D-967A-CA373E81EED6.jpeg
    884C2AED-8CB8-489D-967A-CA373E81EED6.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 46

caribeandiva

Human being
We are counting down with about five (5) months left to go until the end of the year. Queen Shea has personally rocked my world unlike any other ingredient. The most dramatic impact has been with the elimination of monster tangles. I no longer lose entire, whole curls, like I used to do. Those tangles have been my worst issues. The next most dramatic change Shea has had on my hair is the minimizing of split, dry ends. I get a predictable, little, hair growth spurt every other month.

I'll talk to everyone in September. Have a great rest of the summer!
Enjoy your summer!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hey!

So, I’ve been on and off with the Shea. I’m fine with that right now, but I’m getting a little tired (I get like this) with regular stylers and just want to twist my hair and leave it.

Someone at work asked me what stylers I used for my hair yesterday and though I told her, I told her I didn’t recommend the product. I also told her I’m just going back to Shea Butter for a few weeks. She understood and told me it’s always good to go back to basics.

In other news, I have no yellow Shea Butter, only white, so I need to fix that ASAP. I like white, but really prefer yellow. I will have to dig through my emails and bookmarks to find my previous supplier.

VictoriousBrownFlower

@Saludable84
Hi Sis!:kiss:

*cough*:love2: - Let's Pretend :look: if you were going to create a SB Pre-Poo w/SB what else would you add to it?

I want to whip up a Pre-Poo Blend to use Overnight.
I know you didn't ask me but I wanna play. I would add aloe vera juice (would need to be made in small batches and kept in fridge ) An oil blend of avocado jojoba and jbco/castor oil with selected herbs steeped in it for a month prior.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I know you didn't ask me but I wanna play. I would add aloe vera juice (would need to be made in small batches and kept in fridge ) An oil blend of avocado jojoba and jbco/castor oil with selected herbs steeped in it for a month prior.
@BronxJazzy
:goodpost:
I'm glad you responded. :kiss:....:lol:

Sounds really good. :lick:

I can do that. I have all of that stuff. Even the "Selected Herbs steeped for a month in Oil.