Shea Moisture - BOGO free

maxineshaw

Just came back from Walgreens. There was no sign for the BOGO, but I wanted to try the products anyway. I picked up the Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Curl & Style Milk, and the Raw Shea Restorative Shampoo. When I went to check out I saw $9.99 flashing on the display thing, and I was like HOLD UP :stop: THIS IS BOGO???? So I ran back and got another Curl Enhancing Smoothie, but I was considering getting the Deep Treatment Mask. I already enjoy my Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment so I passed. I may still get it another time.

But I'm am :grin: :woohoo2:

YAY FOR WALGREENS:yay:

My local Walgreens had a sign up for every sale in the store except for the Shea Moisture. I think they are doing this on purpose.:rolleyes:

Whatever though. I'm just glad they are carrying it. When I first noticed they had the products in Walgreens, they only had one jar of each. However, they finally gave Shea Moisture its own section on the shelf with several of each item.

Yay for Walgreens indeed!

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
So I went to a huge one by my house today and they had them but I asked the girl to check and she said they rang up as $9.99 each what does that mean for my life??!?!?!?!

Is it just that I have to bring two up there and cross my fingers? Because I really want these I am headed to the Walgreens by my house right now, with my fingers crossed.

faithVA

So I went to a huge one by my house today and they had them but I asked the girl to check and she said they rang up as $9.99 each what does that mean for my life??!?!?!?!

Is it just that I have to bring two up there and cross my fingers? Because I really want these I am headed to the Walgreens by my house right now, with my fingers crossed.

Did you look in the weekly sales flyer to see if it is BOGO in the flyer. You should be able to pick up the weekly sales flyer in the store. If it is in there, they should honor that no matter how it rings up.

ceecy29

Yes, you need to take 2 items to the register. The first item rings up for $9.99 and then the second one for $0.00

I bought 31 dollars worth of this stuff, I hope it all works on my hair, never tried it before.

Walgreens has some really good sales; last week it was BOGO half off on nexxus products, I do not regret those purchases!!!

Walgreens gets a yay from me too!

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
My guess is that the sale is not tagged because of low inventory. None of the stores I went in had more that 3 different products.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've been wanting to try more shea moisture products. Just picked up the curl & style milke and the hold & shine moisture mist. :woot: The sale for this was also not posted in the store I went to, but the second product rang up for $0.00

Kirei

I got the Hold & Shine Mist and the Curl & Style Milk! I will be taking these right back to Walgreens! I'm glad they were BOGO!

Just a heads up to those of you who have never tried this line, the smell is strong (to me) and the Mist is sticky and the milk is greasy!

I wanted to like this stuff so bad I could curse right now...

My hair was soooo soft before I put these products in, I just washed a conditioned my hair and now it feels rough and just ugh...coated.

*kicks rock* I want to love you Shea Moisture!!!

prettyinpurple

^^Yea I don't know why I'm getting excited. I've smelled the products in Target and they were pretty strong to me too. But BOGOF is hard to resist. I think I may try the deep treatment masque and another one in that line. IIRC, the curl enhancing products had the strongest scent -- too much for me.

keepithealthy

Thank you for sharing this. My sister and I were just looking at these products and considered buying them. This bogo was the perfect opportunity for me to check them out. I purchased the curl enhancing smoothie, deep treatment masque and curl and style milk. I hope they work good.

Kirei

^^Yea I don't know why I'm getting excited. I've smelled the products in Target and they were pretty strong to me too. But BOGOF is hard to resist. I think I may try the deep treatment masque and another one in that line. IIRC, the curl enhancing products had the strongest scent -- too much for me.

And they say they have no synthetic fragrance... I have a light headache with this smell.

I don't know about that no fragrance part, this def has fragrance.:ohwell:

iri9109

OT but i noticed earlier in walgreens that they had taliah waajid products as well...when did this happen?

maxineshaw

OT but i noticed earlier in walgreens that they had taliah waajid products as well...when did this happen?

Walgreens has really upped their game for black hair care this year. They've got some really good brands. No longer just about Motions and Pink Oil.:yep:

appplecidder

I hate vegas... I read this post and ran out to walgreens.. and there was no MOISTAHH.. I was heated bootz cause these napps been playing major games lately.

Sent from my MB200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yay! Never tried any and don't know exactly why I"m BOGO free but, I didn't want to miss out. Can we say PJ? :lol:

YoursTrulyRE

I got the Hold & Shine Mist and the Curl & Style Milk! I will be taking these right back to Walgreens! I'm glad they were BOGO!

Just a heads up to those of you who have never tried this line, the smell is strong (to me) and the Mist is sticky and the milk is greasy!

I wanted to like this stuff so bad I could curse right now...

My hair was soooo soft before I put these products in, I just washed a conditioned my hair and now it feels rough and just ugh...coated.

*kicks rock* I want to love you Shea Moisture!!!

If you don't like it you should return it to Walgreens. They are pretty good about taking anything back even if you used it. As long as you have your receipt.

JerriBlank

Wow they do have it! It wasn't even a black neighborhood. Double wow!. I got an argan oil/shear butter reconstructive elixir,and my shine mist. They had a kit in a box for transitioning hair too. Thanks for posting guys!

davisbr88

Just scored 3 bottles of the Moisture Mist. They only had 3... which kind of blew, because I could have gotten another one free but c'est la vie! :)
Thanks for the thread OP!

davisbr88

Just used the mist and OMG. I'm in love. I can't believe I've been sleeping on this so long because of the "shea" part. My hair hates plain shea butter, but seems to love it when it's in products for some reason.
Anyway, I'm hooked for life now!

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Did you look in the weekly sales flyer to see if it is BOGO in the flyer. You should be able to pick up the weekly sales flyer in the store. If it is in there, they should honor that no matter how it rings up.

Yes I saw it after I left...I am headed back up there today to smack somebody upside the head (lol j/k) I mean get my products, there are several things I want to try.

Thanks faithVA

iri9109

Just used the mist and OMG. I'm in love. I can't believe I've been sleeping on this so long because of the "shea" part. My hair hates plain shea butter, but seems to love it when it's in products for some reason.
i like it too! i thought it was gonna be more oily, like something to seal with, but it really feels moisturizing! it totally replaces aussie hair insurance for when i dont feel like making my own spritz or if i ran out of aloe vera juice...and the ingredients are awesome!

davisbr88

i like it too! i thought it was gonna be more oily, like something to seal with, but it really feels moisturizing! it totally replaces aussie hair insurance for when i dont feel like making my own spritz or if i ran out of aloe vera juice...and the ingredients are awesome!

I thought it was going to be more watery like Donna Marie Moisture Mist or Bee Mine Juicy Spritz (idk why I thought that, as it's obvious it wouldn't be by the ingredients but I saw the word "mist" and assumed as such).
I LOVE how it's light and creamy at the same time and my ends definitely feel like butter after using it :lick:
This totally replaced my DM Moisture Mist with the first spray. It doesn't have glycerin, is creamier, provides more moisture, is cheaper, and is in-store. It's an all around win.
I'm loving it!

faithVA

davisbr88, leave me alone. I don't want to buy any mist. Stop playing. :lol::nono::sad:

davisbr88

davisbr88, leave me alone. I don't want to buy any mist. Stop playing. :lol::nono::sad:

LOL!
It's not my fault!!!! I wasn't even planning on buying this stuff til I got fed up with ordering everything online and became determined to make something in-store work for me. I had this line on the list. Lo and behold, this thread appears... I think it's a sign! :lol:

faithVA

LOL!
It's not my fault!!!! I wasn't even planning on buying this stuff til I got fed up with ordering everything online and became determined to make something in-store work for me. I had this line on the list. Lo and behold, this thread appears... I think it's a sign! :lol:

Lucky for me I'm in the Use Up Your Stash challenge. Soooo I can't buy any product this month (whew). I wonder though if I talk my mom into buying it, if its cheating? :look:

Forever in Bloom

Just got back from Walgreens. I knew my local WG would have everything and they did :yep: They also had those sample kits for $19.99

I got 2 of the Anti-Breakage Masque's (they were the last two) , but plan on going back for the Restorative Conditioning Milk. It has amazing detangling properties; I only use it as a leave in and have never rinsed it out.

I may also go back for the Growth Milk - not sure. I don't have thin or fine hair at all, but the mist worked for me so why not?

I do need to re-up on the shampoo because my bottle is almost empty. This is the first time I've emptied a bottle of shampoo :blush:

Last edited: