Shea Moisture - BOGO free

faithVA

So I've only used the Curl Smoothie Custard thingy. And it kinda...sits on my hair. Like it's so thick. I'll put it on when my hair is wet (on the natural parts) and then leave it to dry about 60%...but after 60% dry, it'll still be white. ???? Am I using it wrong??

In other news, my mommy agreed to buy it for me! She's going today! :yay:

It did the same to mine and it sat on the hair but it soaked in over time. My hair doesn't tend to like products on it when its wet. Next time I won't put it on my hair until it is 60% dry and see how that works.

Wouldn't say you are using it wrong. You will have to play around with it. Different peoples hair absorbs at various rates.

GraceV

Thanks for the suggestion! After I cowash today I'm def going to try using a lot less. Cause yea...I was like coating it on :lol:

Can anyone describe what some of the other products smell like?
The Masque smells like a somewhat subdued, more grown up version of the C&H fragrance. A little more perfumey compared to the body 'splashy-ness' of the C&H:lol: Still sweet but like a big sister kinda sweetness :spinning:

qchelle

It did the same to mine and it sat on the hair but it soaked in over time. My hair doesn't tend to like products on it when its wet. Next time I won't put it on my hair until it is 60% dry and see how that works.

Wouldn't say you are using it wrong. You will have to play around with it. Different peoples hair absorbs at various rates.

Yea, I think I'm going to try using it on soaking wet hair, using a lot less of it, and waiting for it to dry completely. Ill see how that goes.

qchelle

The Masque smells like a somewhat subdued, more grown up version of the C&H fragrance. A little more perfumey compared to the body 'splashy-ness' of the C&H:lol: Still sweet but like a big sister kinda sweetness :spinning:

:lol: Love your description. But :look: what does C&H stand for?

prettyinpurple

im gonna do this. did the rain checks list specific products?

Mine just says Shea Moisture Organic prods -- same text as the ad.

My Walgreens only had the shampoos (1 coconut/hibiscus one, 1 shea butter one). The cashier stated that they expect a shipment tomorrow so we'll see. He also said they are new prods and they did not stock a lot originally.

asubeauty

I found them!!!! I love the curl enhancing smoothie and I picked up the deep treatment masque, curl and style milk, and the moisture mist. I can't wait to try them!

LovelyPiratess

Tried the deep treatment masque, left it in overnight, and it made my hair dry....wth!

I did Aphogee's 2 minute protein treatment before hand so I don't know if that contributed but I was not happy.

Will Walgreens take back used products? I don't know if I should get something else or give it one more try

Poopiedo

I only use the deep treatment masque and restorative conditioner as leave ins. That's the only way that product works for me. Trying to use both as deep conditioners under the steamer left my hair dry and I hated it. I had to follow up with NTM.

iri9109

i got 2 rain checks, and im getting another one tomorrow...the walgreens around the corner has everything from the hair line (transitioning kit, raw shea butter, black soap, yucca & baobab, coconut& hibiscus) even though they were sold out of everything except 2 yucca growth milks & 2 black soap shampoos and the black soap purification mask....i'm gonna the raw shea butter shampoo and the coco & hibiscus shampoos tommorrow from a diff walgreens and get another rain check, and save them for to use later at the walgreens that has all the good stuff... i also want the raw shea strengthening elixir & restorative condish but i probably wont get that until i use up some of the stuff i already have

GraceV

Tried the deep treatment masque, left it in overnight, and it made my hair dry....wth!

I did Aphogee's 2 minute protein treatment before hand so I don't know if that contributed but I was not happy.

Will Walgreens take back used products? I don't know if I should get something else or give it one more try

That may have been too much. When I used the masque my hair felt like I'd had a very light protein tx. I'm not sure where exactly this product falls between the moisture-protein spectrum but I would guess somewhere closer to protein since it's supposed to repair damaged hair. I've noticed many products focused on fixing damaged hair tend to lean a little toward the protein side. I hope someone with knowledge of ingredients can chime in.

I plan to use the masque, restorative(?) conditioner and the curl&style milk as leave-ins only.

And yes, Walgreens will take it back.

NikkiQ

Yall are REALLY provoking the PJ in me right now with this thread. I'm in the Use Your Stash challenge and I have 3 more days to purchase anything I want before I officially start and yall are killing me

faithVA

Yall are REALLY provoking the PJ in me right now with this thread. I'm in the Use Your Stash challenge and I have 3 more days to purchase anything I want before I officially start and yall are killing me

Get out of this thread NikkiQ. I've got my eye on you. :lol:

GraceV

:assimilat:assimilat:poke::poke: Do it, do it, do it!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding :lachen:

greight

So I had the Shea Moisture Leave-In that I love so this thread caught my eye and I checked out two Walgreens. One didn't have much left (one of ya'll ran through it...) and the other had 1 Moisture Milk (C&H) and 1 Moisture Mist (C&H) so I bought those two. I really want the Smoothie Hold... But I might re-up on moisture mist and milk at another Walgreens if I have time over the weekend.

My rain check was written for the Smoothie Hold, though... Not the entire Shea Moisture Line. :ohwell: That might be aight since I'll be needing a lot of it for my twists outs this spring/summer!

greight

im gonna do this. did the rain checks list specific products?

Just saying that mine did... I think you should try to specify to the cashier that it's the Shea Moisture line... I think I kept pointing at the Curl Smoothie so she wrote it down thinking that's the name of it, lol. I was in a rush so I didn't bother to question it.

reeko43

I am so glad for this sale! I love the moisture retention shampoo. I would buy that again and again. However, I do not like the deep treatment mask. It was too hard to spread through my hair and I didn't like how my new growth or permed hair felt. I don't feel so bad though about $5. I do like how it mixes with my oils honey and aloe vera so I will definitely use it. However, once it is gone, that's a wrap.

NikkiQ

How did I know you were going to say that? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I bought mine already. Why do you think I started a Use Up Your Stash Thread? Bought it first and then posted the thread. :blush:

Oooooh you're evil! What did you get??

:assimilat:assimilat:poke::poke: Do it, do it, do it!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding :lachen:

Aww man. I just needed one more poke and that would be enough to get me in Walgreens tomorrow lmao

qchelle

My mommy got the stuff for me when she got off work today! :yay: She got the Hair Milk (C&H), the Mist stuff (C&H), the Retention Shampoo, and a conditioner (I forget the name). She said it came to $15! :shocked: because the hair milk and mist stuff were $5 each! I didn't know that! I thought they were all $10! :yay: 4 bottles for $15?? You can't beat that! She'll be mailing it tomorrow and I am SOOO excited!!! :lol: She was asking me why I wanted all this stuff and was like "your hair must be a hot mess" :lachen:

faithVA

Oooooh you're evil! What did you get??

I bought 2 smoothies. It was worth it. I only used the smoothie on my hair when I styled it this weekend. It has kept my hair fairly moistured. And I really think I can combine it with some of my other products in my stash to wear my hair out.

Got spanked on another thread because I was contemplating if it would be cheating to talking my mom into going to buy the mists. Technically she isn't part of the challenge and the products wouldn't be mine - technically. Right? Right?

Ok; ok - I'm behaving. I'm not going to buy anything else in MARCH.

NikkiQ

I bought 2 smoothies. It was worth it. I only used the smoothie on my hair when I styled it this weekend. It has kept my hair fairly moistured. And I really think I can combine it with some of my other products in my stash to wear my hair out.

Got spanked on another thread because I was contemplating if it would be cheating to talking my mom into going to buy the mists. Technically she isn't part of the challenge and the products wouldn't be mine - technically. Right? Right?

Ok; ok - I'm behaving. I'm not going to buy anything else in MARCH.

That's not cheating. Just a legal loophole! I'm so wanting to go to Walgreens and buy the moisture retention shampoo and maybe the yucca line. ahhhhh.....so confused!

faithVA

That's not cheating. Just a legal loophole! I'm so wanting to go to Walgreens and buy the moisture retention shampoo and maybe the yucca line. ahhhhh.....so confused!

Ok - I am scared of you. One person is supposed to be the voice of reason. And obviously you are not the voice of reason.

Go ahead and get the moisture retention shampoo. I want to know how it is. I need a shampoo. The one I just bought isn't that great.

Have you ever used Elasta QP? I hear that is good. I am looking at trying that as a shampoo.

Ok - I am taking my crazy butt to bed. I have no business being on here night after night this late.

iri9109

Just saying that mine did... I think you should try to specify to the cashier that it's the Shea Moisture line... I think I kept pointing at the Curl Smoothie so she wrote it down thinking that's the name of it, lol. I was in a rush so I didn't bother to question it.

when i went to one walgreens i just asked for a rain check and they wrote what was in the ad "shea moisture products", then at the 2nd one i ask for a rain check & the girl was like "which ones because we still have some back there" (with attitude like she couldnt give me a rain check if they werent completely out of stock & the rain check had to be specific) & im like 'i know but its not what i want"... she wasnt the manager so she couldnt write me a rain check anyways, and the manager just wrote "shea moisture products" too.

Last edited:

iri9109

My mommy got the stuff for me when she got off work today! :yay: She got the Hair Milk (C&H), the Mist stuff (C&H), the Retention Shampoo, and a conditioner (I forget the name). She said it came to $15! :shocked: because the hair milk and mist stuff were $5 each! I didn't know that! I thought they were all $10! :yay: 4 bottles for $15?? You can't beat that! She'll be mailing it tomorrow and I am SOOO excited!!! :lol: She was asking me why I wanted all this stuff and was like "your hair must be a hot mess" :lachen:

not fair!! everything where i live is 9.99...i thought the milk and mist should be cheaper though b/c they're smaller...

Vashti

I bought the curl enhancing smoothie and i saw the deep treatment masque but I didn't see the yucca line. Wouldn't mind trying that one out.