Shea Moisture - BOGO free

kandake

So... y'all got me. I tried to resist but I couldn't.

I currently have the Curl Enhancing Smoothie but was unimpressed and don't intend to repurchase. However I still wanted to give Shea Moisture a chance so yesterday I picked up the Styling Milk, Hold and Shine Mist, Deep Treatment Masque and the Reconstructive Elixir.

I used the Styling Milk and the Hold and Shine Mist this morning on my wash and go and I'm pleased thus far. If it turns out that I don't like this stuff I'll sell in the product exchange forum.

Oh and I suspect that I ran into a member yesterday at the Walgreens on Clark and Lake, downtown Chicago. She stopped me from spending $11.99 for the products. I ended up going to the one near my house. Thanks girl!!!

Last edited:

Kurlee

I'm kinda mad that the online BOGO wasn't mix-and-match, however, I was planning on spending $20 for 4 products in-store, but was able to get 10 for like $42, so I guess it worked out. I just didn't want SO much. Lol. Looks like I'll be tweaking my regimen once my mini-braids come out at the end of the month... Lol

@Kurlee: There are no Cheesecake's in Canada???? I'd drive an hour just for the red velvet. I'd drive two!
nope!!! Ya'll get everything:nono:. Even olive garden:nono:. I lovvvvvve the red velvet cheesecake, banana creme and tres leche! I buy it every time I go. Next time there's a BOGO, I'm making a shopping trip:yep:

CORBINS

I couldn't resist either.
I purchased all 4 products.

I used the curl smoothing mix on my daughters hair last night along with some twists. Took it out this morning and her hair smelled nice and had a pretty shine to it. She loved the way her hair felt. She hates it when I put stuff in her hair that makes it feel too greasy or stiff. She was happy with the results (she is 10 with 3b/c hair).

JerriBlank

Yesterday I got two more bottles of the reconstructive elixir,one coconut hibiscus milk,and the growth and thickening milk. I've only applied that one today.

davisbr88

nope!!! Ya'll get everything:nono:. Even olive garden:nono:. I lovvvvvve the red velvet cheesecake, banana creme and tres leche! I buy it every time I go. Next time there's a BOGO, I'm making a shopping trip:yep:

You can HAVE olive garden... :barf:
Lol. But yes, Cheesecake..... :lick:

DarkHair

Between y'all and facebook I've got the masque, moisture-retention poo, and the hold and shine mist. I spent over $30 :look:.

Now....off to find another Walgreens location.

prettyhair73

I am in Walgreen's right now trying to get the hair masque. They are out on the floor so she is checking the back now. People kept askig her for stuff when she was on her way to the back. "how do I pick a lotion?" one chick asked. I am like seriously at 30plus years old you're asking about buying some damn lotion!!!

GraceV

Do any of the SheaMoisture products work well on relaxed hair? Can someone post their experiences/review if they are relaxed and have tried any of these products?

The PJ in me hightailed out of my house as soon as I saw the BOGO deal + the 15% off coupon. Yall, I went in there, picked up a Walgreens weekly ad and I left out with:

-SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
-SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- Gain Dishwashing Liquid
- Carefree pantiliners

And my total was $13 (only because of the 1.50 taxes)! Keep in mind that the two SheaMoisture hairproducts alone were supposed to be $10 by themselves. I pretty much got everything else for $2. Man, I need to get into couponing. I felt a high from this deal.

Here's my review. Overall with these products, Less is more. A little goes a long way.

So far I have tried:
The Curl enhancing smoothie: MISS. Sat on my hair and didn't look like it would be absorbed. The hair felt dry but coated. I returned it.

Curl and Style Milk: HIT. Nice... if you can handle the fragrance. My hair felt moisturized, and since I used a scarf on my edges, I didn't get any "curls."

Now for my sweethearts: The Raw Shea butter line

The Masque: HIT depending on how you use it. It didn't do much as a rinse out conditioner. I left it on for 5 minutes, and when I rinsed my hair felt like I had done a very mild protein tx. As a leave in though... PURE LOVE for my edges. It lays them down! Unlike the smoothie, this one moisturizes and gets absorbed without leaving a white coating on the hair. The fragrance is LESS powerful than the C&H.

The Restorative Conditioner is a dream as a leave-in. HIT. I did not and do not plan to use this as a rinse out condish. I have Kenra for that. It's quickly absorbed and not greasy. I combined it with the masque as a leave-in. My hair is in a very good mood.

The Reconstructive Elixir is delicious. HIT. The ingredients look good. The fragrance is the mildest and fades quickly. I used it to seal. I think I went overboard though with spraying it, so next time I'll spray it on my hand and then rub it in my hair. Even though I have too much in my hair, the oil is light so that my hair is still light and moves, you only find out it's too much if you stick your hand in my hair and come out with shiny fingers :lol:. I plan to add some of it to the coconut oil I use to seal. Since coconut oil is a carrier oil, I imagine it won't hurt to add it's benefits to the el;ixir.

Overall I would say the Raw Shea butter line is more favorable for my relaxed hair. The C&H milk I kept for those days I want nice smelling hair (maybe on a date) BUT KEEP IN MIND, FOR THIS PRODUCT LESS IS MORE!!! Don't want to run off your date cos your hair strongly smells too sweet :lachen:

Hope my review helped.

I am yet to try the Raw SB shampoo. I plan to try the Growth Milk (black label) at some point. My Walgreens stores don't have that one yet.

qchelle

I am in Walgreen's right now trying to get the hair masque. They are out on the floor so she is checking the back now. People kept askig her for stuff when she was on her way to the back. "how do I pick a lotion?" one chick asked. I am like seriously at 30plus years old you're asking about buying some damn lotion!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Kurlee

Buffalo/Niagara/Cheektowaga:yep::yep: Ya'll have all the goodies! And the things you guys have that we have are much cheaper, so since our dollars are the same now, I go over every once and a while and hoard:look:. Clothes, food, electronics, shoes are all cheaper, and in more variety. The trip is more than worth it because it's so close.
@Kurlee you're probably coming to buffalo lol i swear i see more ontario license plates here than ny ones!

oooh and I'm not a fast food person, but I ALWAYS have to buy me a 3pc with a biscuit and mash potatoes, before I leave:look::lick:. It tastes so different and so good and the portions are huge compared to ours. Don't get me started on the McDonald's dollar menu.:nono: This is all coming from someone who rarely eats fast food. If I were American, I'd be 300 pounds. No lie.

Last edited:

iri9109

Buffalo/Niagara/Cheektowaga:yep::yep: Ya'll have all the goodies! And the things you guys have that we have are much cheaper, so since our dollars are the same now, I go over every once and a while and hoard:look:. Clothes, food, electronics, shoes are all cheaper, and in more variety. The trip is more than worth it because it's so close.

oooh and I'm not a fast food person, but I ALWAYS have to buy me a 3pc with a biscuit and mash potatoes, before I leave:look::lick:. It tastes so different and so good and the portions are huge compared to ours. Don't get me started on the McDonald's dollar menu.:nono: This is all coming from someone who rarely eats fast food. If I were American, I'd be 300 pounds. No lie.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:...well if you're looking for sheamoisture, the walgreens on main & kenmore (across from UB south campus) is the only one with the whole line just to save you some trips looking lol

Spiffy

I just bought six online! The store nearest me was sold out when I checked Wed., but now I want to go see if they have more in stock before the BOGO deal is gone. :look:

Iluvsmuhgrass

SO was able to scoop up three bottles on his way home from work. Y'all the moisture spritz is the business! I used it under QB (and QB is fantastic by itself) but it gave me uber tasty hair. Totally worth stockpiling. :yep:

SilentRuby

Just grabbed my Curl Enhancing Smoothie (2), Moisture Milk, and Masque all thanks to my lovely SIL. Thanks Dee :kiss: (I ain't calling you Delicious)

Thinking about returning tomorrow to get a shampoo and a mist :sekret: I picked up the mist and put it back down, even sprayed it on my hair in the store.

Does anyone the mist causes reversion? TIA

Last edited:

GraceV

Hi ladies. I went to Target to see if I could get my hands on the Yucca and Baobab line.

What's the difference between the Yucca and Baobab Volumizing conditioner and the Yucca and Baobab thickening growth milk (for those who have tried them as leave ins)? I see Target has the Volumizing con, while Walgreens has the Growth milk, neither has both. Is Shea moisture phasing one out in favor of the other? The ingredients are pretty similar (different order). I know the volumizing con is both rinse out and leave-in while the other is just a leave-in. Is this a marketing ploy or are these items truly distinct in the effects that have? Thanks

PS: Anybody tried the Y&B Thickening mist?

GraceV

Complete ingredient, description and usage list of Shea Moisture products. You have to zoom in/magnify the document to read it

http://www.sheamoisture.com/files/SheaMoisture_Organic_Hair_Products_Info 8.18.10.pdf
kandake. Thanks for that link. I looked at it earlier and noticed they only had the volumizing conditioner on that list of products. That's why I am confused as to whether the growth milk is incoming or outgoing. That list also does not have the Anti-breakage mask. I suppose these are new products to be added to the line?

kandake

@kandake. Thanks for that link. I looked at it earlier and noticed they only had the volumizing conditioner on that list of products. That's why I am confused as to whether the growth milk is incoming or outgoing. That list also does not have the Anti-breakage mask. I suppose these are new products to be added to the line?

I don't know about the growth milk. Maybe the other ladies will chime in. I never paid much attention to it while in Target but I did notice it at Walgreens. I guess time will tell.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
@kandake. Thanks for that link. I looked at it earlier and noticed they only had the volumizing conditioner on that list of products. That's why I am confused as to whether the growth milk is incoming or outgoing. That list also does not have the Anti-breakage mask. I suppose these are new products to be added to the line?

Yes, they are new products. They were availiable online. I just believe this is the original explanation of products and they haven't updated it yet. There is also a detox masque that is new.

greight

I'm going out to another Walgreens right now to get a 2nd raincheck :look:. This time, it'll have the entire Shea Moisture Line :yep:

I love the moisture mist and milk... In fact, I feel like I might have found my staple products, but I say this almost every time I find a product that I like :lol:. I might check out the shampoo, but I got so much already that I'll wait for the next BOGO.

azuquita_morena

Okay, I am so mad at this BOGO sale because I'm totally spending money I don't need to spend lol. Anyway, I bought the Yucca & Baobab Anti-Breakage Masque, Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk, African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo, and the Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk. I already have the Raw Shea Butter Deep Tmt Masque that I bought from Target two weeks ago; I'm kicking myself because if I knew about this BOGO sale, I would have waited and could have gotten one more product for the price at Walgreens:ohwell:

I'm washing and detangling my hair today, so I'll see how some of the products works on my hair then.

GraceV

This sale has me trifling all over the city! I finally found the Yucca and Aloe Milk at a random Walgreens far from my house. I'm through buying anything else. Overall I think I'm going to enjoy my purchases. I have so many nice smelling, all-natural options to go with my different moods!:dance7::dance7::dance7::bdance::pepper:

DarkHair

I placed an order online at Walgreens.com and ordered 2 of the reconstructive elixirs and the curl enhancing smoothie. I love being a female!!!

I'm not going to come back in here today :look:

prettyhair73

Made trips to 2 different Walgreen's. I got the Curl Enhancing Smoothie (love the smell), Curl & Style Milk (love the smell), Reconstructive Elixir (love, love, love the smell) and Deep Treatment Masque (hate the smell)!

I co-washed with the Balancing conditioner this morning. My hair is super soft, curly and really shiny. Still using my oil mixes though.

Last edited:

rosalindb

I posted this in another thread

I just looked at the Shea moisture line and downloaded the ingredients listing and I see that everything contains Japanese Honeysuckle Extract, there are articles stating this is chemically identical to synthetic parabens whilst other articles deny this. I do not have the answers so if you are trying to avoid parabens, it may be worth doing so more research. Here is an interesting article

Extract from the article "Plantservative is the trade name for what is essentially parabens created from highly concentrated extracts of the Japanese Honeysuckle"