Sl 2016 Challenge

Evolving78

:rofl:You didn't like the Aussie Moist then huh?

My moisture levels are on point since that hard protein treatment. Only thing I noticed when I washed my hair on Sunday was that I could probably start using shampoo every other week instead of weekly. I never thought I would be that person but I didn't need the shampoo this time around. I only did it because it's what I'm used to. My hair didn't like it at all but once I put the conditioner on it started to behave again.
My hair was fine until I put that design essentials Detangling lotion in my hair. I had to shampoo my hair again. That stuff tangled my hair and was trying to create some knots! I threw it in the garbage.

faithVA

We have an update scheduled for the end of August. Anyone updating?

It's a good time to check your progress and zee what changes need to be made for the last 4 months of the year.

Would love to see some updates.

Evolving78

It's a good time to check your progress and zee what changes need to be made for the last 4 months of the year.

No update for me. Since I trimmed and working on my Reggie/product stuff, I don't have much to share. Oct/nov will be better for me.

LdyKamz

No update for me. Since I trimmed and working on my Reggie/product stuff, I don't have much to share. Oct/nov will be better for me.
I will even though my hair will look the same. But since I'm straightening anyway and have to update the other thread I might as well. Might straighten this weekend instead of next since I don't want straight hair for my birthday.

faithVA

I will even though my hair will look the same. But since I'm straightening anyway and have to update the other thread I might as well. Might straighten this weekend instead of next since I don't want straight hair for my birthday.
Can't wait to see it.

LdyKamz

Didn't straighten this weekend because my cousin had a baby and late nights at the hospital made me lazy. I did do my regular cowash and restyle yesterday though. I have slowly stopped using gel too and just taliah waajid(is it 2 a's or 2 i's?) curly curl cream. My hair is changing and I've never been more aware of it. It's a good thing. Easier to manage and style so I like it. But I can't believe I actually notice. I used to wonder how people knew what their hair liked and whatnot. Now I know.

faithVA

Didn't straighten this weekend because my cousin had a baby and late nights at the hospital made me lazy. I did do my regular cowash and restyle yesterday though. I have slowly stopped using gel too and just taliah waajid(is it 2 a's or 2 i's?) curly curl cream. My hair is changing and I've never been more aware of it. It's a good thing. Easier to manage and style so I like it. But I can't believe I actually notice. I used to wonder how people knew what their hair liked and whatnot. Now I know.
Glad you had the hair change. It sounds like you are in a good place.

gemruby41

@faithVA I loved the Komaza protein strengthener but I switched to Nexxus for the same reason. I was tired of ordering only that one thing from them and felt like I had too many of my products that I couldn't get in one place. Nexxus is a nice replacement for me. The Restorative Conditioner is good for a weekly light protein too.

You don't know what I went through to figure this stuff out though. Because what I use wasn't the holy grail product that I kept seeing here on the board. So I had to call Nexxus and ask them about all the products that I saw the other ladies using and they explained that most of those things were either salon products, discontinued or both. So I settled on this new Nexxus 3 step system that includes shampoo, conditioner and treatment. I don't buy the shampoo though.
How often are you using the Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructor treatment?

LdyKamz

How often are you using the Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructor treatment?

I started out with a plan of once a month but that was too much. I now use "as needed" which turns out to be every 3 months or so. My hair has finally found a nice balance. The treatment really does help my hair absorb moisture better and improve my elasticity.

Also, I was using the conditioner every other week on my protein weeks but I might even cut that out since I get a nice dose of light protein with joico moisture recovery conditioner.

lindseyerinc

The last time I straightened was when I did the length update in this thread. I'm using more natural products but the cleanse, light protein, dc, twist is the same. The semester starts Monday and I'm going to try and wash twice a week.

gemruby41

I started out with a plan of once a month but that was too much. I now use "as needed" which turns out to be every 3 months or so. My hair has finally found a nice balance. The treatment really does help my hair absorb moisture better and improve my elasticity.

Also, I was using the conditioner every other week on my protein weeks but I might even cut that out since I get a nice dose of light protein with joico moisture recovery conditioner.
Thanks

faithVA

Thursday night I shampooed, did a protein treatment, DCed and installed curlformers. My ends were raggedy :nono: I flat ironed my hair on a low setting. This was my first time flat ironing ever and it was fun :yep: It got straight enough on a low setting for me to trim my ends tomorrow. My nape is just at my shoulder blade and the rest of the back is just reaching my shoulder with my crown reaching my nape.

But I need to take 1/2 inch off tomorrow and probably another 1/2 inch off in December. So with the trims I'm hoping my nape will be at my shoulder blade by December. I think the top of my shoulder to my shoulder blade is 3 inches so the rest of the back should be SL by 1st quarter 2017 unless I get a growth spurt.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

faithVA

Finished trimming. I took off somewhere between 1/4 and 3/4 inch. My hair feels better. I know I will need another trim before the year is out. But I'm hoping I can make it 90 days before they revolt on me again.

LdyKamz

Picture time. I'm no closer to SL but I'm overall happy with my progress. Picture on the left is May/June I can't remember exactly. The right is today. The front and sides of my hair is doing most of the growing. And my hair seems to almost be all one length except my bangs. The mullet is trying to make a comeback but I'll let it live this time. I'm not trimming again until December and I might not even then if my ends feel OK. SSK's have been staying away. The last picture attached is how I'm maintaining it. I parted it on the side and combed it down and put a silk wrap up around it.

Instasize_0827190747.jpg

Attachments

• Instasize_0827191024.jpg
    Instasize_0827191024.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Evolving78

Just finished my long finger Detangling session. Like over an hour...smh. Got this oil sitting in my head and gearing up for the washing session. I might tension blow dry my hair.

Evolving78

Picture time. I'm no closer to SL but I'm overall happy with my progress. Picture on the left is May/June I can't remember exactly. The right is today. The front and sides of my hair is doing most of the growing. And my hair seems to almost be all one length except my bangs. The mullet is trying to make a comeback but I'll let it live this time. I'm not trimming again until December and I might not even then if my ends feel OK. SSK's have been staying away. The last picture attached is how I'm maintaining it. I parted it on the side and combed it down and put a silk wrap up around it.

View attachment 372031
What do you use to blow dry your hair with and what heat protectant?
Name of the blow dryer
(Comb attachment or brush)

LdyKamz

What do you use to blow dry your hair with and what heat protectant?
Name of the blow dryer
(Comb attachment or brush)[/QUOTE

I have this and it came with a concentrator nozzle and a round brush that I never use.
CHI Air Classic 2 Ceramic Hair Dryer

I always use my denman brush and the nozzle to blow dry. Most times I use my fake denman which I like better than the actual denman because it's easier for me to grip.

For heat protectant I use it's a 10 miracle leave in with keratin and Paul Mitchell super skinny serum. Even though I've read here and other places that super skinny serum is a heat protectant and people use it that way I'm still not convinced that's why I use it's a 10 with it. At least on that bottle it says thermal heat protectant.

I've also used it's a 10 silk express serum because that's also a heat protectant and a blow drying serum and I can use that alone with no other products. I really like that one because it cuts down on frizz too.

LdyKamz

@shortdub78 what was the serum we were talking about to control frizz? I can't remember if it was from CHI, Design Essentials or something else. I seriously cannot remember because I closed the page I had on my phone reminding me that I needed to buy it. I guess I don't need it that much if I can't remember the name right? Lol Maybe it's the straight haired naturals thread?