So this is what BSL Feels Like - SIGH!! Back to Reality (PICS)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Uggh! I shoulda never taken a pic in this long HH half-wig (Outre - Eva). Now when I take it off my hair looks EXTRA short and I'm depressed thinking of how long I have to get to this point. I think it's about APL or barely BSL but yet it's waaaaaay more hair than I have now. Having this extra length actually made my body look smaller too.:blush: Now I REALLY can't wait to get this long!!!

That's the reason I always wore weaves/half wigs closer to my real length because I knew my own hair would feel blaaah when I took it out. So Eva is about to get a V cut a little past SL because I need a new PS for the weekends to avoid my weekly flat-irons.

My BF hates wigs. He thinks women just plop them on their head because they're too lazy to do their hair and that women don't even try to make them look real. He has a good point about that because I'm tired of seeing all these cheap and bad wigs that look like mops LOL. If I see another woman with a half wig that doesn't even TRY to blend it in or cover up that blending point I will scream.

He doesn't care if I wear weaves as long as it looks believable and neat. So he thinks all my half wigs are weaves and I have clips sewn all up in this bad boy so he won't know. It's just toooooo darn hot.:nono: I'm trying to get past SL and it's getting so much harder. Uggh!!

Sorry just wanted to vent and show you Eva before she goes in for the big chop. I already flat-ironed most of her curls out too.:look: I know, I shoulda let her be. Eva cost me a pretty penny too since she was HH and was extra hard to find.

Here is how Eva is supposed to look. Looks like a believable length but she's way longer once I combed the curls out :wallbash:

The attached pics are Eva before I plan to cut her.

Attachments

• Eva5.jpg
    Eva5.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Eva6.jpg
    Eva6.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 107

Janet'

Hairsnob,

((Hugs))...I'm sorry but you will be APL in no time and after that BSL will quickly come (so I've been told, lol). Your hair is thick and full. Stay positive!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Hairsnob,

((Hugs))...I'm sorry but you will be APL in no time and after that BSL will quickly come (so I've been told, lol). Your hair is thick and full. Stay positive!

Thanks girlie. I'm trying so hard to be patient and I'm working on getting my positive thinking back. Thanks for reminding me.

Janet'

^^^No prob...it's easy to not be positive especially when you want that growth!!!! But, you know your hair will grow and it WILL grow!

ms.blue

I understand how you are feeling Hairsnob. I wear two half-wigs Tammy & Yasmine and when ever I take them off I feel hair anorexia. I love long half-wigs, wigs & weaves so maybe I believe it's my destiny to have long hair.
My sister who has bsl thinks her hair is short also & wears weaves b/c of her length.

Triniwegian

Aw, it's okay. We all have those moments. Just keep nurturing your hair and do what YOU want with it, after all you're the one who has to maintain and look after your hair.

Just be patient, BSL will come around eventually.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I understand how you are feeling Hairsnob. I wear two half-wigs Tammy & Yasmine and when ever I take them off I feel hair anorexia. I love long half-wigs, wigs & weaves so maybe I believe it's my destiny to have long hair.
My sister who has bsl thinks her hair is short also & wears weaves b/c of her length.

Thanks msblue! So you know the feeling too. I'll probably feel a lot better after I cut it closer to my length.:yep:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Aw, it's okay. We all have those moments. Just keep nurturing your hair and do what YOU want with it, after all you're the one who has to maintain and look after your hair.

Just be patient, BSL will come around eventually.

Thanks Conterria!! Yeah, he actually likes my own length but he doesn't understand I can't wear it out and flat-iron it every time we go out on the weekends.

chasturner84

:bighug:
I know how you feel hairsnob! I have just started trimming my new wigs for the winter and when I put the on in their original state, I feel so blah because I am patiently waiting to get to that length (BSL). As soon as I cut them to my current length, the feeling fades and I don't think too much about the time it will take to grow my hair to x length. Keep ya head up!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
:bighug:
I know how you feel hairsnob! I have just started trimming my new wigs for the winter and when I put the on in their original state, I feel so blah because I am patiently waiting to get to that length (BSL). As soon as I cut them to my current length, the feeling fades and I don't think too much about the time it will take to grow my hair to x length. Keep ya head up!

Thanks Chasturner! I'm about to cut it soon so I know I'll feel much better.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I cut Eva down to a more natural looking length and I feel 100% better!!

Here are a couple of pics. I left a really small amount of my own hair out in the front so I feel good giving it a rest for a little while. It'll look a little more matched once I redo my color rinse and take some of the shine off the wig.

Thanks for all your support earlier ladies!! :grin:

Attachments

• EvaBC1.jpg
    EvaBC1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 8
  • EvaBC2.jpg
    EvaBC2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 7