Stretch 4 Length challenge (featuring CWK straight plates)

ImFrotastic

For the past 3 years I have worn my hair in its natural state 99 % of the time and have retained an okay amount of length with the help of protective styles. From my experience and others, it seems that wearing kinky hair in a stretched state (braids, twists, blown out...) lend to better retention IOW less chance of single strand knots, matting, dryness.

I had a eureka moment after stalking err viewing the cwk straight plates videos!
( http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=74NvbIRKNVw ) Wearing my hair straight for a few months for better retention without the risk of heat damage may be what the trichologist ordered ;-)

Anyone up for a challenge? If so, simply thank this post so you can be tagged as a reminder in August when the kickstarter rewards should be kicking in.

Challenge rules:
Use straight plates after shampooing or co-washing
Share starting before/after "straight plate" photos
Check in at least bi weekly

Challenge date: August-December
Note: challenge is of course open to relaxed heads as well!
Link to kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1855194586/cwk-straight-plates-straighten-hair-without-heat

virtuenow

I am also very curious to know if hair can be washed w/the plates in...hmph. I've got all kind of experiments in mind :yep:

Fhrizzball

I just put in as a backer as curlformers have been losing their appeal for me so count me in. I feel cwk plates would be perfect for trimming hair too. I just hope I ordered enough for my length and thickness.

knbradley

Awesome thread ladies!!! I cannot wait to see all of the ways you plan to use the straight plates. Length checks.... Trimming.... You name it!! The next 29 days will be fun to watch!!! I just hope we keep the momentum going so that we can get enough donors to get the first run it!!!

Since I launched I have received so many emails and private messages. I have been asked to start selling online, but I am not going to jump the gun :) on that right now I am only offering sets to donors. I think it is important make my supporters feel VIP like y'all have made me feel VIP. The second round will probably be produce sometimes in November after I hear back from my VIP ladies ... Lol!!!

Please continue to send me comments and question... This makes me get better bc I have so much going on that I often forget the small stuff. Take care !!!

CWK Straight Plates-Straighten Hair without Heat https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1855194586/cwk-straight-plates-straighten-hair-without-heat

prettybyrd

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a hair tool! :lol: I can't wait to try them out. I may even get in on this challenge.

isawstars

I have been asked to start selling online, but I am not going to jump the gun :) on that right now I am only offering sets to donors. I think it is important make my supporters feel VIP like y'all have made me feel VIP.

knbradley Thank you!!! I really appreciate that.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a hair tool! :lol: I can't wait to try them out. I may even get in on this challenge.

Me too! I am so excited about the plates!

I am definitely participating in this challenge! I have high hopes that the goal will be met.

Philippians413

I already stretch my hair after every wash, but the CWK plates will make stretching so much easier! Currently, I bantu knot my hair in 5-7 sections, then follow up with banding before bed. This gives me a super stretch (better than blow drying for me), but the CWK plates will take less time and allow my hair to dry faster.

I really can't wait to get these in my hands (and in my hair).

Philippians413

I think the last hair tool I was excited about was the donut for buns (and then I found out that a sock was even better) lol.

Urban

Done deal. Over $8000. Congrats girl!

I'm still waiting for that ALL STAR pack for internationals if you're still accepting donations!