Sulphur Mix Challenge 2013

ojemba

GN ladies.

I took out my braids yesterday and cowashed. I will be getting my hair braided in a beehive on Monday and wear my Wig for a couple of weeks.

They say pictures tell the story

1st pic taken before putting in Braids March 11

image-3601227753.jpg

This was taken yesterday April 5. Using my tat as a reference shows a big difference.

image-3100703056.jpg

I was aiming for APL by dec but I'm stepping up my game. I'm going for BSL!!!!

Babygrowth

GN ladies.

I took out my braids yesterday and cowashed. I will be getting my hair braided in a beehive on Monday and wear my Wig for a couple of weeks.

They say pictures tell the story

1st pic taken before putting in Braids March 11

This was taken yesterday April 5. Using my tat as a reference shows a big difference.

I was aiming for APL by dec but I'm stepping up my game. I'm going for BSL!!!!

That's awesome growth!

Forever in Bloom

I feel like I just fell through the looking glass or stepped into a Twilight Zone episode, because I feel like I've done this before :rolleyes: (that's sarcasm by the way)

Anyhoo...

startingpic031713.jpg This pic was taken on 3/17/13. I grabbed hair from the nape of the neck.

I took a pic on 4/1/13, so I can actually tell how much is growing. I took a section of hair behind my hair and measured it at 19 inches. It's a looser texture, so I'll always be able to find it :yep: It may not look like it, but this section is actually hitting the top of the 8 inch line.

startingpic040113.jpg

Tell us your starting length WSL
Tell us your goal length Anything longer than WSL
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between Natural, 5 years
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain M & S, trim away knots and splits to keep the length I have from breaking off, deep conditioning once a week, wear protective styles (twists, buns, and anything else I can come up with to keep my ends tucked away), co-wash, and apply my hair growth oil at least 3 times a week of course!

bellebebe

Saving my spot. My hair is currently in cornrows, so I will post my starting pic when I take it out.

Sent from my sexy phone.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Njoys original thread is in the vendor forum.
Posting still works there.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
YW.
It probably was not there until Njoy got her vendor membership status situation figured out.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
How do you guys deal with dryness when using sulphur?

SpiceUpMyHair

My new growth oil was formulated to deal with the sulfur being drying issue. There's not dryness with this formula. I'm not getting any and everyone's reporting back that their new growth feels softer and more moisturized.

Wanting to avoid the dryness of sulfur? I gotchu! :yep:

deedoswell

sooooooooooooo can you ladies help me out! I love using sulfur and want to again and join this challenge BUT; here is my issue, I am natural and wear my hair straight - I usually wash and flat iron every two weeks. I am finding that the build up is causing my hair to shed. Horribly!!! So How can I use oils and sulfur on my scalp if I only wash every two weeks??? Do I need to up my washing to at least weekly - but then I think that is too much flat ironing in one month? Please some advice - I want to use the mix! :ohwell:

JC-Junkie

Hey ladies, I just wanted to know if any of you experience shedding from your sulphur mixes ? I have just mixed my own and now I'm afraid to use it. I used to take MSM internally but stopped because it made me shed too much. So now that I have made this mix I'm a little hesitant. I know garlic can combat shedding but I just wanted to know if the sulphur mixes cause shedding.

TIA and HHG !

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Finally found this thread! Okay so I cowashed with Wen GP and then pre poo'd with lime oil for 30 minutes under a plastic cap. I then dc'd with HQ the slip and it was amazing! I applied HH marshmallow after cowashing out all the oil and dc. I wanted to roller set so I could do a bantu knot out but I suck at roller setting and ended up flat ironing my hair. I have it wrapped now and will see how it looks in the morning when I unwrap. I just ordered another bottle of "you know who shall not be named" bc I have only 1 bottle left. I'm trying to take advantage of her sale this month.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey ladies, I just wanted to know if any of you experience shedding from your sulphur mixes ? I have just mixed my own and now I'm afraid to use it. I used to take MSM internally but stopped because it made me shed too much. So now that I have made this mix I'm a little hesitant. I know garlic can combat shedding but I just wanted to know if the sulphur mixes cause shedding.

TIA and HHG !

It depends on how sensitive you are to sulfur. Do a patch test on one section/area and see how you react.

HPG

ilong

God's Own
For those who use MSM Liquid:

MSM Deal

Since this is the sulfur challenge and I see some use MSM I thought I would post this here also. Hope that it is OK. ( I posted it in the July What is On sale thread also)

JC-Junkie

Hello ladies :grin:
I've mixed my oils together with my sulphur and have been using it for about 3 days :yep: I would like to know how long before you saw results ? I know it takes time too. I had my hair in braids for 10 days today, and I see a little looseness at the base which could be growth :grin:

TIA and HHG !

Angelicus

Hi. I really want to join this but I am undecided on whether to buy all the ingredients to make my mix, or if I should just buy a growth aid that is already mixed. Can someone help? Thank you in advance.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hello ladies :grin:
I've mixed my oils together with my sulphur and have been using it for about 3 days :yep: I would like to know how long before you saw results ? I know it takes time too. I had my hair in braids for 10 days today, and I see a little looseness at the base which could be growth :grin:

TIA and HHG !

Some ladies saw growth within a few weeks of using growth oils. What you can do is when you take you braids out use a tape measure and measure your nape, crown, sides and front. Write it down and then a month later measure again to see how much growth you are retaining. If you already know what your growth rate is without aids then you will have an accurate measure of of the oil is helping.

HPG