Sulphur Mix Challenge 2013

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hi. I really want to join this but I am undecided on whether to buy all the ingredients to make my mix, or if I should just buy a growth aid that is already mixed. Can someone help? Thank you in advance.

It's up to you on which you want to do. I've done bith. I have all the ingredients to make my own but only use it if and when I run out of the already made product and don't have the funds to repurchase yet. You can definitely make your own and use it bc its cheaper in the long run. I use bith bc I know the ready made stuff works and I can afford it for now.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

faithVA

heirloom, Can I be an unofficial challenger. I have NJoy's growth oil but I only use it on wash days because otherwise I break out. I would like to be in the challenge though and just sort of hang out. What say you?

faithVA

faithVA I don't see why not

Cool. Thank You.

Post a starting pic : Will post by this weekend
Tell us your starting length: I am between EL and NL
Tell us your goal length: I want to be SL by the end of 2013
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Natural
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain
1. I am keeping my hair in a protective style at least 5 days a week.
2. Keep my hair and scalp moisturized.
3. Keep my ends sealed
4. Stay on a dusting schedule
5. Do regular protein treatments

I will be using NJoy's growth oil every wash day while DCing. When my hair gets longer and I can cowash mid-week, I will use it before I cowash.

tapioca_pudding

I'm in!

Post a starting pic:

Tell us your starting length: Shoulder Length Plus, lol. Not really sure what to call it

Tell us your goal length: Final goal length is BSL, hopefully by my bday next May 2014. My goal length for this challenge is APL, by December 2013.

State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Colored natural w/ a fading BKT (lol)

Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain:

Using NJoy's mix daily
Cowashing Daily
Using protein regularly
Heat only once monthly
Regular dusting
Leaving this ish alone :)

Last edited:

TraciChanel

I'm joining too! Here is my info:

Post a starting pic: see below (taken last month)

Tell us your starting length: BSL

Tell us your goal length: Full MBL by December 2013. Ultimate Goal: WSL 2014

State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Natural

Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain:

1. I'll be using MTG on my scalp weekly. Alternating with my own concoction of NJoy's Sulphur Mix.
2. Cowashing daily, diluted shampoo as needed (only for oil build ups)
3. DC weekly
4. Wash-n-go wet buns
5. Protective styling 100%, until WSL

Attachments

• image-963862508.jpg
    image-963862508.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 34

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Applying my oil and going to either bantu knot back up, flat twist or bun for the night.

HPG

ilong

God's Own
Hi. I really want to join this but I am undecided on whether to buy all the ingredients to make my mix, or if I should just buy a growth aid that is already mixed. Can someone help? Thank you in advance.

@Angelicus - ITA with HairPleezeGrow - both types of sulfur preparation (DIY and ready-made). I currently have sulfur 8 mixed with MN, MSM liquid in my S-Curl, one oil mix with Liquid MSM, a second mix with powdered sulfur and I plan on ordering liquid gold, while it is on sale (35% off until tonight 10pm - see July what's on sale thread) and I have a little MTG leftover in a container

I rotate the sulfur products. For the next couple of weeks I am going to use MSM Liquid. It doesn't smell and doesn't destroy my jewelry.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay changed my mind about my hair. I ended up applying my oil and then dcing with the slip so I can do a twistout. Applied the dc to dry hair this time so hope I still love it.

HPG

ajenee

Hey ladies I joined the other challenge thread at the end, I want to be an un official challenger( I don't have any pics). I have been using Njoy's new and improved oil for about 2 wks now about 3x's a week. I am in between apl and bsl, some of my longer strands are touching bsl. My long term goal is even, healthy and thick mbl. I will miss Njoy she was always very positive.

PureSilver

I'm an unofficial challenger too. I've been using LGGO for a few weeks now and my edges have been filling in. Also i am losing less hair thankfully and its not as drying as i expected.

hhg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Oiled my scalp with NJoy's Growth Oil and put a little Scurl and Hairitage Hydration on the length since it felt a little dry. I then baggied overnight.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Oiled my scalp last night and applied lime oil to my cornrows. Im not getting my braids so I cornrowed my hair to continue to wig it.

HPG

Babygrowth

Hey ladies! Guess I'm back to posting over here!!! Any hoot, can't post any pics right now but the oil is working. I will definitely get some pics up soon. I'm back to oiling every night and baggying for no more than 4 hours. Also doing inversion to see if I can get a boost! I need to get back to exercising and working on my diet. I just let everything go!

Anticipatience08

Used my NJoy mix the other day and it made my weave hair super oily (rocking a sew-in). Maybe I should rub a tiny bit on my scalp instead of using the applicator bottle to apply it?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Used my NJoy mix the other day and it made my weave hair super oily (rocking a sew-in). Maybe I should rub a tiny bit on my scalp instead of using the applicator bottle to apply it?

You could do that and see how it works. Oil and weave don't mix so you want to be frugal with applying.

HPG

Anticipatience08

You could do that and see how it works. Oil and weave don't mix so you want to be frugal with applying.

HPG

Just tried it tonight. I may not have applied enough this go round out of fear, but I think this will be my method from now on!

candie19

I'm in. This is my concoction...

MSM liquid
Jojoba oil
JB castor oil

I apply it every morning and before bed. I get tingles so I hope that its working.

Last edited:

Angelicus

I am officially joining the challenge but I don't have time to do all the picture taking and stuff right now, lol. When I get Njoy's oil, I will post progress.

Last night I made a Modified NJoy Sulfur Mix recipe:

2 oz EVOO
2 oz Regular Castor Oil
1 oz Silk Dreams Nourish Oil (yummy ingredients)
1 oz Silk Dreams End-Tegrity Ends Serum (yummy ingredients)
8 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
Few drops of Pecan Pie Fragrance Oil
1/2 heaping teaspoon sulfur powder

I applied the stinkiness to my scalp and massaged. I left it on overnight. Then I cleaned my scalp with Grisi Sulfur Soap (10% sulfur) and followed with a conditioner. My scalp tingled with happiness.

I don't have a set regimen yet but I will probably be co-washing 2x-3x a week when the Njoy Oil comes in the mail. I am redeeming the BOGO 50% sale today. Of course I am still going to be using Silk Dreams, just need to figure out a good regimen. I'll try reading this thread in its entirety for help. Thanks everyone.