Sunday Bible Studies - Here!

DaiseeDay

loolalooh said:
Hey DaiseeDay, MrsIQ, and others:

Here is a test to Determine YOUR Spiritual Gift

I found out mine a while ago from two different tests (one at church and one with this link). Both tests gave me similar results; my top three gifts are giving, poverty, and faith. The next two are prophecy and discernment, but the top three are where I am more gifted.

God Bless!

Holding my spot for this weeks bible study too, but wanted to say thanks loolalooh! It was really helpful and I realize I have more than I think, I just didn't view them as spiritual gifts :)

DaiseeDay

1. Meditate on Deut 8:2-3. Were you ever in a "wilderness"? What did the Lord teach you? God taught me how much I need Him, that I can't do things on my own, that He really does care for my every need, and He does what He says He will.

2. What is meant by we "do/shall not live by bread alone"? (Deut 8:3) That the cares of this world are not all we should depend on, spiritual nourishment from the Word of God is needed just like we need to feed our physical bodies with food.

3. Meditate on Deut 8:4. In spite of your trials, how has the Lord kept your "clothes" and "feet" intact (metaphorically speaking)? I was confused about the significance of clothes and feet, but then I thought clothes keep you covered and feet allow you to move and that's what I feel like God has done for me; kept me covered (protected) and even though He has taken away a lot of things that would make me happy, I'm still alive and He's given me just enough encouragement to keep looking up and forward - "moving" I guess,

4. Meditate on Deut 8:10. Do you remember to "praise" the Lord for the "good land" He gives you?

I do praise God when good things happen, the hard part is remembering those things during the hard times and praising Him then.

5. Meditate on Deut 8:11-14. Do you forget the Lord and His commands in your "plenty"?

6. What is one reason that the Lord brought Israel through a wilderness prior to reaching the Promised Land (HINT: Deut 8:17.)? What are some other reasons that God brought the Israelites and others through a wilderness (HINT: Think about Jesus and His wilderness in Matthew 4:1-4, Moses and his wilderness in Exodus 3:1-10, Israelites entering the wilderness in Exodus 13:17-18, Israelites staying in the wilderness in Joshua 5:6, etc.)?

God brought Israel through a wilderness so that they would remember Him - to keep His commandments and also not get arrogant and think that they had victory on their own. Other reasons He takes people through wildernesses are to be tested/tempted (like Jesus in Matthew 4); To show them that He is much bigger than their circumstances and capabilities or lack thereof (Moses); So that they wont change their minds and quit on Him (Exodus 13:17-18); and so that they will recognize the importance of obeying him (Joshua 5:6).

7. Why were the Israelites called to remember (how God led them through and out of the wilderness)? Why were they called to obey (the Lord's commands)? They were called to remember so that they would not become arrogant and think they did it all on their own and stop obeying God's commands. They were called to obey His commands because God is establishing a covenant here and breaking it would bring heavy destruction upon them

8. Do you remember (how He has brought you through some things) and obey (Him)? Meditate.

loolalooh

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2012

Bible Study on: Jeremiah 29 :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Questions to consider:
1. What was God’s response to Hananiah in 28:12-17? What would be his punishment?
2. What does Jeremiah do in 29:1? Why would he need to do this? (29:8-9) What does Jeremiah tell the people to do in Babylon? (29:5-7)
3. What will be the duration of the exile in Babylon? (29:10) What will bring it to an end? (29:11-14)
4. How can we apply Jeremiah 29:11 to our own lives and what God has for us?
5. Who does Jeremiah talk about in 29:15-20? What is the message regarding them?

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time

kila82, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, MarriageMaterial, LaFemmeNaturelle, GoddessMaker, luving me, PinkPebbles ... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

Last edited:

loolalooh

Another question was added to the above:

DaiseeDay

I've been meaning to do this... Better late than never :)

Questions to consider:

1. What was God’s response to Hananiah in 28:12-17? What would be his punishment? He killed him.

2. What does Jeremiah do in 29:1? He wrote a letter to the people who had been exiled to Babylon
Why would he need to do this? (29:8-9) They were being deceived by the prophets and fortune tellers there.

What does Jeremiah tell the people to do in Babylon? (29:5-7) Plan to stay there; build homes, plant gardens, start families, work for peace in the city and pray for it.

3. What will be the duration of the exile in Babylon? (29:10) 70 years
What will bring it to an end? (29:11-14) The Lord. He said he will bring them out of captivity, restore their fortunes, and take them home.

We can trust God. In this book God is telling His people basically that they need to stay where they are being held captive. I was just reading a much needed devotional about how we always try to escape trials instead of letting God see us through them in His timing. Even today you hear "prophets" saying that for "someone" your "turn around is near" when that's not always true. If there's trials that won't go away instead of running ourselves ragged trying to get out of them we can pray and hand it over to God and trust that He does have a good future for us despite how long it takes to for Him to lead us out of a bad situation. Like Joel Osteen says "bloom where you're planted" - sounds like that's what God was telling them.

5. Who does Jeremiah talk about in 29:15-20? What is the message regarding them?

The people who wouldn't listen to God's prophets; the kings and His people who aren't in exile. He says He will bring catastrophe upon them; he will give them war, famine, and disease; and he will make a mockery out of them.

loolalooh

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 23, 2012

Bible Study on: Isaiah 55 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
1. What is God inviting Israel (and us) to "drink/eat" in Verse 1? Is it free?
2. What "good" is He referring to in Verse 2? What would be considered "bad" food?
3. How can we apply Verses 6-7 today? How important is it especially considering that the end times are approaching?
4. Interpret Verses 8-9. How can we apply them to situations, storms, and trials we face today.
5. Interpret Verses 11-13. What is the "everlasting sign" a sign of?

kila82, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, MarriageMaterial, LaFemmeNaturelle, GoddessMaker, luving me, PinkPebbles ... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

proudofmynaps

Questions to consider:
1. What is God inviting Israel (and us) to "drink/eat" in Verse 1? Is it free?
God is offering us salvation. It is free it we want it.

2. What "good" is He referring to in Verse 2? What would be considered "bad" food?
Salvation=Good Worldly Thing= Bad
3. How can we apply Verses 6-7 today? How important is it especially considering that the end times are approaching?
We should seek God daily as he is waiting for us. Don't wait until it is to late as we don't know when he will come back to earth.

4. Interpret Verses 8-9. How can we apply them to situations, storms, and trials we face today.
We can learn to leave our problems to God as he as a better plan for them then we do.

5. Interpret Verses 11-13. What is the "everlasting sign" a sign of?

loolalooh

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2012

Bible Study on: Acts 16 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
1. Why did Paul want Timothy to join him? (Hint: Verse 3)
2. Why did Paul have Timothy circumcised? (Hint: Verse 3) Was it required in order to witness for Christ?
3. In Verses 6-9, in what three ways did the Spirit lead Paul? Did he take heed?
4. In this chapter, which three people became believers as a result of Paul's ministry? In what ways?
5. In Verse 17, why would a demon-possessed girl shout/speak such words, though true? Why did this annoy Paul?
6. What did Paul and Silas do while in prison? (Hint: Verse 25) Do you do the same during your trials, tribulations, and storms?
7. Who caused the prison doors to be opened? Paul and Silas were at peace prior to the doors being opened. What other verses in the Bible does this remind you of? (E.g. Isaiah 26:3, Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 46:10, etc.)
8. Why did Paul say what he said in Verse 37?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Questions to consider:
1. Why did Paul want Timothy to join him? (Hint: Verse 3)
Timothy was well thought of by the believers so Paul wanted hm to join them.

2. Why did Paul have Timothy circumcised? (Hint: Verse 3) Was it required in order to witness for Christ? Paul did it to remove some of the stigma that Timothy had with Jewish believers and not it was not required.

3. In Verses 6-9, in what three ways did the Spirit lead Paul? Did he take heed? It didn not let them go to Asia or Bithynia and yes he did take heed.

4. In this chapter, which three people became believers as a result of Paul's ministry? In what ways? Lydia, the demon-possessed slave gir, andthe jailer.

5. In Verse 17, why would a demon-possessed girl shout/speak such words, though true? Why did this annoy Paul? The words were true but her source was a demon and Paul would not accept the demon's words because this would be linking God's words with the words of a demon.

6. What did Paul and Silas do while in prison? (Hint: Verse 25) Do you do the same during your trials, tribulations, and storms? They spent time praying and singing...giving praises to God. I do the same during trials but it's not always easy.

7. Who caused the prison doors to be opened? Paul and Silas were at peace prior to the doors being opened. What other verses in the Bible does this remind you of? (E.g. Isaiah 26:3, Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 46:10, etc.) God caused the doors to be opened

8. Why did Paul say what he said in Verse 37?
Because he knew that they were wrongly accused and jailed, he also wanted the soldiers to see the error of their ways. Also they brought more people to Christ by not sneeking out of jail.

loolalooh

SUNDAY OCTOBER 7, 2012

Bible Study on: Hebrews 11 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
1. Interpret Verse 1 in your own words. What is faith?
2. Interpret Verse 3 in your own words.
3. Without faith, is it impossible to please God? (Hint: Verse 6)
4. How did Noah act "by faith"? (Hint: Verse 7, Genesis 6:22)
5. What is one important way in which Abraham acted "by faith"? (Hint: Verses 8-10, Genesis 12:1-4)
6. What is another important way in which Abraham acted "by faith"? (Hint: Verses 17-19)
7. How did Sarah (his wife) act "by faith"? (Hint: Verse 11)
8. Why isn't God "ashamed" to be called their (i.e., Abraham, Noah, Sarah, Abel, etc.) God? (Hint: Verse 15-16).
9. How did Moses' parents act "by faith"? (Hint: Verse 23)
10. How can we practice Verse 26 in our lives today? Consider the "treasures" of this world.
11. Interpret Verses 39-40. (Hint: Consider the fact that these people died before Christ came.)
12. Considering the examples of faith in this chapter, how does your faith measure up? What can you learn from these people who came before us?

loolalooh

SUNDAY OCTOBER 14, 2012

Bible Study on: 2 Corinthians 10 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
1. Though we walk in the flesh (or, though we are human {NLT}), do we war according to flesh? What are our weapons of warfare?
2. Interpret Verse 7 in your own words.
3. Why is Paul not ashamed in Verse 8?
4. How are people measuring Paul in Verse 10? What should they really pay attention to?
5. In applying Verses 12-13 to our lives today, why should we not compare ourselves with those who commend themselves? (Hint: end of Verse 12, Verse 18).
6. Verses 13-18: What are the "limits" (or "boundaries" {NLT}) within which Paul boasts?
7. Who is better off? He commends himself or he who the Lord commends? (Hint: Verse 18).

loolalooh

SUNDAY OCTOBER 21, 2012

Bible Study on: Jude 1 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
1. In Verse 3, why is Jude urging the church to defend (or contend for) the faith? (Hint: Verse 4.)
2. What does Jude first remind the church of? What did Jesus do to those who did not remain faithful (or those who did not believe) (Hint: Verse 5.)?
3. What does Jude next remind the church of? (Hint: Verse 6 AND Verse 7.)
4. Referring to Verse 10, how do these false teachers or apostates bring about their own destruction? (Hint: Verses 8-11.)
5. In Verses 12-13, what metaphors does Jude use for these false teachers or apostates? Why are these people so dangerous (Hint: Verses 4, 16, 19, etc.)?
6. What did the apostles warn the church about? (Hint: Verses 17-19.)
7. What must the church do? (Hint: 20-23.)
8. How are you defending the faith today? How are you building yourself and others up?

DaiseeDay

1. In Verse 3, why is Jude urging the church to defend (or contend for) the faith? (Hint: Verse 4.) Because people who reject Jesus have "crept in" and have altered the faith.

2. What does Jude first remind the church of? What did Jesus do to those who did not remain faithful (or those who did not believe) (Hint: Verse 5.)? That God destroyed those who did not believe, even after he saved them out of Egypt.

3. What does Jude next remind the church of? (Hint: Verse 6 AND Verse 7.) That God has the judgement of eternal fire reserved for those who do not remain faithful such as the fallen angels and Sodom and Gomorrah.

4. Referring to Verse 10, how do these false teachers or apostates bring about their own destruction? (Hint: Verses 8-11.) They defile their flesh, reject authority, and speak evil about dignitaries although they don't know what they are talking about. They are following the ways of those who have destroyed themselves.

5. In Verses 12-13, what metaphors does Jude use for these false teachers or apostates? Why are these people so dangerous (Hint: Verses 4, 16, 19, etc.)? Clouds without water, trees without fruit, raging waves. They are dangerous because they crept in unnoticed, deny the Lord, they're sneaky (flattering), and they cause divisions amongst believers. They walk in the ways of destruction and because of their charm and deception they're apt to bring believers down with them.

6. What did the apostles warn the church about? (Hint: Verses 17-19.) The apostates / mockery who walk according to their ungodly flesh.

7. What must the church do? (Hint: 20-23.) Pray in The Spirit, stay grounded in God's love and mercy, and be decerning about people - show mercy to them, but be cautious of those living in sin and flee from it.

8. How are you defending the faith today? I try to stay grounded in God's love and check things against the Bible. I do my best to decern if things are biblical / of God or not.

How are you building yourself and others up? I pray a lot for myself and others and keep myself in tune with God.

loolalooh

SUNDAY OCTOBER 28, 2012

Bible Study on: 1 John 5 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
1. What are two byproducts of loving God? (Hint #1: Verse 1. Hint #2: Verse 3). Have you seen these byproducts in your walk?
2. What is a byproduct of loving God's children? (Hint: Verse 2.)
3. Which commandments would we keep as a result of loving God? Which we would keep as a result of loving His children? (Refer to Exodus 20 for the 10 Commandments.) As a result, why do you think Jesus said what He said in Matthew 22:37-40.
4. How can we defeat evil / overcome the world? (Hint: Verses 4-5.)
5. What three witnesses do we have that Jesus is God's Son? (Hint: Verses 6-8.) Explain.
6. Meditate on Verses 9-10. Has there been a time when you've taken "human" testimony over God's Word? What are these verses indirectly reminding us about God's Word?
7. What promise are we given in Verse 11-12? What are the conditions?
8. What confidence are we given in Verses 14-15? What are the conditions?
9. Meditate on Verse 18. Are we to continue practicing in sin?
10. What advice are we being given in Verse 21? In this world, what things might take that place (in NLT) or become idols (in NKJV and NIV)?