Sunday Bible Studies - Here!

loolalooh

SUNDAY OCTOBER 28, 2012

Bible Study on: 1 John 5 :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Questions to consider:
1. What are two byproducts of loving God? (Hint #1: Verse 1. Hint #2: Verse 3). Have you seen these byproducts in your walk?
2. What is a byproduct of loving God's children? (Hint: Verse 2.)
3. Which commandments would we keep as a result of loving God? Which we would keep as a result of loving His children? (Refer to Exodus 20 for the 10 Commandments.) As a result, why do you think Jesus said what He said in Matthew 22:37-40.
4. How can we defeat evil / overcome the world? (Hint: Verses 4-5.)
5. What three witnesses do we have that Jesus is God's Son? (Hint: Verses 6-8.) Explain.
6. Meditate on Verses 9-10. Has there been a time when you've taken "human" testimony over God's Word? What are these verses indirectly reminding us about God's Word?
7. What promise are we given in Verse 11-12? What are the conditions?
8. What confidence are we given in Verses 14-15? What are the conditions?
9. Meditate on Verse 18. Are we to continue practicing in sin?
10. What advice are we being given in Verse 21? In this world, what things might take that place (in NLT) or become idols (in NKJV and NIV)?

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time

Last edited:

kila82

loolalooh said:
kila82, GoddessMaker, and I did a mini one today. If you want to join next Sunday, feel free. Let's do it in this thread. We'll read a chapter or so and discuss verse(s) by verse(s).

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time.

:bookworm:

YAAAAAAY!!! *does the robot*

Lolol I'm sorry I'm so silly! But I am excited :D

MrsIQ

I wanna join too! My family life doesn't allow me to get out to my church for physical Bible study, but He said where two or three are gathered...

loolalooh

What did yall study on? Yall wanna share :look:?

Hey Alicialynn86! We talked about Psalm 42. We looked at verses 1-5 and then 6-11:

Here is some of what we discussed:

This Psalm was written by the descendants of Korah (a Levite who led a rebellion against Moses). These descendants remained faithful to God and served in the Temple as musicians and assistants.

Verses 1-5: Desperation, discouragement, hurting, tears, ... are all part of these verses 1-5. Separation from the Lord. Wanting, seeking the Lord. This person was very discouraged. He was exiled to a place far from Jerusalem and unable to worship at the Temple. He felt separated from God. He is desperately seeking after God.

Verses 6-11: Uplifting, encouraging himself. Praying to help remedy his pain, not questioning but knowing God's will. The raw emotion is still there, his soul is still down. But there's hope. He's remembering God during this time of depression. Remembering His faithfulness. He is calling out the names of the places that reminded him of God's promises. Though he feels discouraged and separated, he is putting his hope in the Lord.

Summary: We can learn from this psalmist (and other psalmists) to put our mind on God even in times of deep discouragement. To meditate on the record of God's goodness to us and others during times of sadness. This record will remind of us God's ability to help us. He will help us.

loolalooh

SUNDAY MARCH 11, 2012

Bible Study on: 1 Corinthians 12 :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Last edited:

smwrigh3

Im here too! I hope yall don't mind I just sorta invited myself!

Ok so 1 Corinthians 12 we learn that spiritual gifts are given to God's people by the Holy Spirit for "the common good". Verse says the gifts are given according to God's sovereign will "as he determines"

I think this is yet another sign to me from God. I have been a praying fanatic since I started my christian experience. Most of the time I am the last to leave the alter and I forgot to pray for myself! :lol:

I was talking to a friend of mind the other day about the bible and trying to learn better ways to study and how I am trying to find what God called me to do. He said to me "Have you ever heard of an Intercessor?" When I told him I didn't he began to explain that it is a person that prays to God on behalf of others. But they what really convinced me is when he tied it to my career goals (I want to go into advocacy.)

How does one KNOW what God is calling them to do?

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I guess what are just saying how we interpet Chapter 12 correct?

Well I got this outta the message....The church body is like the human body. We all need each other to function to the best of out abilities because we all have different gifts. We all have a purpose in life just like we do in the body of Christ. No one has your exact mix of spirtual gifts, personality, backgrowund, and talents. Dont be prideful of your gift and jealous of others because it was given by God. Whoever you are you are cricial and essential to the body of Christ. I thank God for making me a one of a kind person, and able to depend on others where I am not strong at. If you are unsure of your gift ask Him to show you.

MrsIQ

Yes, we cannot be jealous of the gifts of others. We usually spend so much time concerned with them that we aren't nurturing the gift(s) given to us. And we are given gifts.

MrsIQ

After reading this chapter, I think my prayers for this week will be to ask God to reveal my gift(s) to me. I also would like to be able to use them for his glory.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Yes, we cannot be jealous of the gifts of others. We usually spend so much time concerned with them that we aren't nurturing the gift(s) given to us. And we are given gifts.

I AGREE!!!!!!
We work as a whole so we are all special and others dont see that.
The stronger one in Christ are used to encourage and make the weaker ones stronger. We all CANT do the same thing. And we as ppl shouldnt just hide our abilities we should fine ways to use them according to the Word because we were given them for a purpose. And as you grow with Christ you may be given more abilities so that you can help others in different ways.

Last edited:

MrsIQ

Yes, I think it goes back to hiding your talent in the ground. If you don't use it, he may take it away and give it to another. So we have to discover our gift and use it.

HWAY

I attended a worshop on spiritual gifts 2 weeks ago and took a quiz to discover my gifts. My prayer is for the Holy Spirit to teach and guide me in using my gifts to do His will. I wonder if I've been influenced by the training in my secular career.

smwrigh3

:amen:I have always always always want to be in the choir. But I cant hold a note to save my life. But I have danced since I was a little girl and I decided to use my gift of dance to praise the lord and have the beautiful choir be a complete to me

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Yes, I think it goes back to hiding your talent in the ground. If you don't use it, he may take it away and give it to another. So we have to discover our gift and use it.

Yea use them in the correct way or lose them.