Sunday Bible Studies - Here!

SweetSimplicity

Sorry I'm late.

The other ladies provided great responses to the study questions so I'll just answer the application questions.

3. Have there been times when you've questioned the Lord as to whether you were capable of doing something He was calling you to do?

Yes many times.

6. Have you ever "thrown out a fleece" to God? was the outcome always favorable?

I have asked God many times for an obvious sign when it comes to making the right decision. I usually never got a sign or perhaps I did not recognize it at the time. I do believe that God wants me to rely more on his word instead of seeking after signs.

9. What encouragement he give you to proceed in your task?

The bible, hearing other peoples stories of going through similar circumstances as myself and hearing about how God worked out the situation.

11. In what way has God moved for you such that you couldn't boast that it was of your doing?

God constantly provides for the needs of my family. I have seen God work in several ways in my marriage.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
6. Have you ever "thrown out a fleece" to God? was the outcome always favorable?
I have asked God many times for an obvious sign when it comes to making the right decision. I usually never got a sign or perhaps I did not recognize it at the time. I do believe that God wants me to rely more on his word instead of seeking after signs.

The bolded is me! I always want signs.....

Loolahloo,

Just wanted to thank you for leading these studies every Sunday. I appreciate it very much.

Me too, thank you :bighug:

loolalooh

SUNDAY MAY 20, 2012

Bible Study on: Philippians 3 :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Questions to consider:
1. What does Paul mean by "circumcised/circumcision" in Verse 3?
2. Are we "circumcised"?
3. What does Paul mean by "confidence in the flesh/human effort" (Verse 3-6)?
4. What are we to put our "confidence" in instead?
5. What does Paul consider "worthless/a loss" and why (Verse 5-7)?
6. How did Paul (and how do we) become "righteous" (Verse 9)?
7. What did Paul (and what are we to) "press on" to achieve (Verse 12)?
8. What does Paul mean by "their god is their appetite/stomach" (Verse 19)?
9. Is your mind sometimes set on "earthly things" (Verse 19)? Remember that your "citizenship is in heaven" (Verse 20).

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time

menina

Believing the book of Revelations
i should do this, saving my spot...

ETA:

At first i thought "we are the covenant?", but i don't think thats right. Maybe he means that we are like a maintenence crew and we maintain our faith in God through faith.

2. Are we "circumcised"?
By keeping faith in God and praise/worship/prayer/meditation/etc. i think so.

Like our own efforts to be righteous through the law instead of our faith in God

In God in Jesus Christ out Lord and savior

Our own righteousness and things we gain of the earth, because we aren't saved by the law in the end and the things of this earth will perish.

Only through our faith in God

To be like Christ ...through Christ

People who are controlled by their desires and don't care about what God wants.

9. Is your mind sometimes set on "earthly things" (Verse 19)? Remember that your "citizenship is in heaven" (Verse 20).
Yes my mind gets caught up sometimes on things (political and personal), but i try to reminding myself of God's plan and how he works in my life. I thank him a lot. :yep:

Last edited:

SweetSimplicity

Many Jewish Believers were insisting that the gentile believers be Physically circumcised according to the law, but Paul is saying that it is no longer necessary and that we are circumcised spiritually.

2. Are we "circumcised"

We are not required to be physically circumcised today but are spiritually circumcised. We are joined to Christ into the new covenent by faith

That we should not trust in our own efforts by following works of the law to be saved

Christ

Trusting in our works in order to attain right status with God.

6. How did Paul ( and how do we) become "righteous" (Verse 9)?

By putting our faith in Christ. Trusting in what he did at the cross and by his ressurection. Continuing to trust in him to work in and through us so that we can become more like him and accomplish his plans for us.

7. What did Paul (and what are we to) "press on" to achieve(Verse 12)?

Becoming perfected (Becoming more and more like christ).

I think this means that the enemies of Christ are those who act as their own god by wanting to live life according to their own selfish desires and for their own pleasure.

9. Is your mind sometimes set on "earthly things" (Verse 19)? Remember that your "Citizenship is in heaven" (Verse 20).

Yes, sometimes I get caught up with the cares of the world, worrying about this life and wanting to attain certain things. I believe it is ok to enjoy our selves here on earth and desire certain things but this should not be our main focus. Our short life on Earth is nothing compared to eternity, so we should focuss more on pleasing God and doing whatever he would have us do as we represent him in this life.

LifeafterLHCF

Today's topic will be over Isaiah 43:1-2. Let's get some dialogue going and see what others see from these verses.

Some things to ponder whilst reading:

Who created us?
Who redeemed us?
Who is with us at all times?
Will trouble come to believers?

I hope the reading and the teaching of this word helps folks everywhere. We need to dig deeper while going through and while things are going right because everyone is in one of these 3 phases: going through,just got out of going through,and about to go through something.

kila82, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, MarriageMaterial, LaFemmeNaturelle, Shimmie,Laela,Iwanthealthyhair67,luvingme,loolalooh,... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Thank you for those verses, perfect for what I'm dealing with now. I love that the Lord has redeemed us and is with us at all times. Yes, trouble will come to believers because they are in the world, but by God's grace he will carry us through those times. Right now I'm going through, but I know God is carrying me and I will cross over to just got out of.

Thank you again for posting today's topic

sidney

Today's topic will be over Isaiah 43:1-2. Let's get some dialogue going and see what others see from these verses.

Who created us?
Who redeemed us?

I hope the reading and the teaching of this word helps folks everywhere. We need to dig deeper while going through and while things are going right because everyone is in one of these 3 phases: going through,just got out of going through,and about to go through something.

kila82, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, MarriageMaterial, LaFemmeNaturelle, Shimmie,Laela,Iwanthealthyhair67,luvingme,loolalooh,... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

Just when I think you have surpised me Miss Goddessmaker! I receive your 'word' and scripture. What a word! Thank you God for your word delivered from Goddessmaker...full of hope! The water will not overtske you, the flame will not set you ablaze. Meditating on this and awaiting other responses.

LifeafterLHCF

When you think of fire you are being refined. Things are being dropped off you as you go through. You will go through it's a promise that you will go through but you def can come out.

I'm really thinking on the sermon today that I love bc if we take a walk through the bible we can see this is evident in Daniel 3.

And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell bound into the burning fiery furnace.
Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”
Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the burning fiery furnace; he declared, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come here!” Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the fire. And the satraps, the prefects, the governors, and the king's counselors gathered together and saw that the fire had not had any power over the bodies of those men. The hair of their heads was not singed, their cloaks were not harmed, and no smell of fire had come upon them. Nebuchadnezzar answered and said, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants, who trusted in him, and set aside the king's command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God.

(Daniel 3:23-28 ESV)

See what I can connect the 2 scriptures. In Isaiah we are told we will go through the waters,the rivers and the fire. It will go from bad,worst,to horrid. But in all in the midst of it God is there. You will come out and not look like you been through hell. I don't know if folks feel me on this. Go through getting beat up by a parent,no food in the house,having to do strange things for a piece of change and not come out on drugs and other typical things. That to me looks like you went through the fire and came out with out your hair being damaged nor smelling like smoke.. Ok let me have a seat.

sidney

This is good! Why have you been hiding this teaching?!! We will now be holding you accountable! You better teach! Yes we are being refined by the refiners fire. The dross must come off...and you know the saying...you will come forth as gold!

[QUOTE=GoddessMaker;16090943]When you think of fire you are being refined. Things are being dropped off you as you go through. You will go through it's a promise that you will go through but you def can come out.

I'm really thinking on the sermon today that I love bc if we take a walk through the bible we can see this is evident in Daniel 3.

And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell bound into the burning fiery furnace.
Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”
Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the burning fiery furnace; he declared, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come here!” Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the fire. And the satraps, the prefects, the governors, and the king's counselors gathered together and saw that the fire had not had any power over the bodies of those men. The hair of their heads was not singed, their cloaks were not harmed, and no smell of fire had come upon them. Nebuchadnezzar answered and said, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants, who trusted in him, and set aside the king's command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God.

(Daniel 3:23-28 ESV)

See what I can connect the 2 scriptures. In Isaiah we are told we will go through the waters,the rivers and the fire. It will go from bad,worst,to horrid. But in all in the midst of it God is there. You will come out and not look like you been through hell. I don't know if folks feel me on this. Go through getting beat up by a parent,no food in the house,having to do strange things for a piece of change and not come out on drugs and other typical things. That to me looks like you went through the fire and came out with out your hair being damaged nor smelling like smoke.. Ok let me have a seat.[/QUOTE]

HWAY

The Lord God created us and redeemed us. He is with us at all times and that is comforting.

Trouble comes to believers but how we respond is the key. Remembering that He is with us at all times is comforting and is a source of strength. There have when times when I've prayed and imagined myself before his throne talking to him and praying for guidance. He is our personal God and he loves us. When I was distressed and felt lost or fearful, I remembered Him as a loving Father, holding my hand and guiding me to safety through the darkness. I felt peace because I knew if I surrendered and aligned myself with his will, there will be success.

SweetSimplicity

What a beautiful encouraging message!

God is always with us. As we keep on trusting God as we are going through the fire we are being purified and being made more and more into the image of Christ. God needs to remove all the junk in us, so that we can become that person that He wants us to be In order to accomplish His will in our lives and in the lives of others.

Vonnieluvs08

Who created us?
Who redeemed us?

Even though this is OT it is a foreshadowing of NT and Jesus. It is a perfect depiction of the Trinity and their roles

God created us.

Jesus through God the Father redeemed us.

The Holy Spirit the third member of the Trinity is with us at all times since he dwells within us.

Trouble will always come to believers. Jesus in the beatitudes said blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake. Being a Christian and following Christ with your entire life is counter-cultural and will cause divisions in even your family. The point is to remember your hope is in Christ and he is the source of Joy the one who gives peace that surpasses all understanding. The point is to keep looking to God no matter where you are in life as it is all apart of being conformed into the image of Christ.

My pastor is coming from 1 Thessalonians about Authentic Christianity. Today he spoke on 1 Thess 1:6-10 about how to have Authentic Reputation through enduring trials, hope in Christ and the Joy that comes from being in a relationship with Jesus. No matter how young or old you are in Christ we all need to remember he is the reason and guides our life for his Glory.

loolalooh

Who created us?
Who redeemed us?

This Scripture is really timely, GoddessMaker. Thank you for keeping this series alive. This forum needs it. I'm so proud of you, but more importantly, God is proud of you for standing strong!

Your sharing of Isaiah 43:1-2 ministered to me and many others. Thank you.

CoilyFields

The purpose of fire is to consume completely...But God...in all his soverignty allows us to go through the fire for HIS purposes, directing the flames so that rather than being consumed we simply shed unnecessary layers and are purified. Thank God that He will NEVER leave us or FORSAKE us and even the fire/trial is subject to His will. I thank GOd there is always a purpose and an expected end in every trial. So that my confidence is in GOd making me an acceptable vessel.

Thanks GoddessMaker

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
SUNDAY MAY 20, 2012

Bible Study on: Philippians 3 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
2. Are we "circumcised"?

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time

Who created us?
Who redeemed us?

Imma do both of these, tomorrow!

LifeafterLHCF

SUNDAY MAY 20, 2012

Bible Study on: Isaiah 61 1-4

What are you able to decipher from this passage ?
What does anointed mean?
What will God give you in exchange for something else?
How are you able to apply this to your life right now?

kila82, GoddessMaker, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, MarriageMaterial, LaFemmeNaturelle,Sosoothing,Pooks,Shimmie,Laela,Iwanthealthyhair67,naturallysweet73,menina,luving me,HWAY,Vonnieluvs08,CoilyFields,loolalooh

Here's some music that we can use as a devotional and praise period before we start today.

Encourage yourself-http://youtu.be/Ghvo32n7Tgc
In Christ Alone-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLy8ksqGf9w&feature=share&list=PLDB333B891D4D3341
I am what you see-http://youtu.be/gMz2UaqpCNg

God we come before you thank you for another day. We don't deserve it but you saw fit to grant your mercy and favor on us today. We come from across the global all on one accord to praise you and thank you Lord. Help us to take your word not just on the surface but to take it and digest it and apply it in our own life right where we are now. God give peace to the weary,give comfort to those who are mourning,encourage the poor and down-trodden. Allow this word that goes forth Lord to glorify you because your so awesome Lord. Help us all to build one another up and not be puffed up by knowledge. Allow all of us those who are on this site and those who may stumble on this later to be edified and exhorted Lord. Help us to bond together and use our knowledge and strengths to empower one another. Lord I thank you for the opportunity to encourage another Lord.

Lord I ask humbly that you will help in the restoration of the ladies here. Many are like sisters to me and I may never see their faces Lord. Please give comfort to Okay. Things in life aren't always at ease Lord allow us to have comfort like your word says in Philippians 4 that I may be content at the low points in the journey and also in the high points. Lord your power is awesome to all and we thank you Lord for the chance to do your will. In Jesus name Amen

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Love, love, love this passage. My Pastor has claimed 2012 to be the year of Bigger and Better things. This is inline with that.

What are you able to decipher from this passage ? God will give me beauty for ashes. Even though we mourn God is always there to help us.

What does anointed mean? Having God's favor

What will God give you in exchange for something else? Something even better

How are you able to apply this to your life right now? Right now I'm dealing with worry but I know that it's all for nothing, God will bring me out and above my current situation.

menina

Believing the book of Revelations
thanks for this Goddessmaker! i was just thinking about some elements of this topic today. :grin:

What are you able to decipher from this passage ?
that we are to be eachother's helpers. to spread the good news, to encourage people, to pray for people, and let everyone know that it's going to be better.

What does anointed mean?
to be blessed and/or given authority from God.

What will God give you in exchange for something else?
heal our wounds (emotional, physical, spritual, mental), free us from whatever has us bound, give us hope in despair, and renew us.

How are you able to apply this to your life right now?
right now i just try my best to help people get closer to a relationship with God. i never want to be the reason someone turns away or doesn't know about how great he really is.

CoilyFields

This passage reminds me that we all have a duty to extend God's love. People cannot physically feel the arms of God surrounding them in times of need, they cannot physically feel God wiping away their tears...thats what we're for. To be the physical extension of Gods love to others.

LifeafterLHCF

Sunday's Bible Study--June 24,2012

We will convene on at 4:30pm CST/5:30pm EST

Job 1:8

What does being considered mean?
Does being considered require some additional work?
How does the world being considered and spiritually being considered differ?

kila82, GoddessMaker, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, MarriageMaterial, LaFemmeNaturelle,Sosoothing,Pooks,Shimmie,Laela,Iwanthealthyhair67,naturallysweet73,menina,luving me,HWAY,Vonnieluvs08,CoilyFields,loolalooh

Lord thank you for another day to praise you. We come to you Lord seeking knowledge so we can grow in you Lord. Please take away any distractions so that those who read this can place this deep in their hearts. What is in a woman's heart comes out in her life. Allow your word to be in her heart so that her life will reflect you. God thank you for new mercy and forgiving our sins. Thank you for dying on the cross for our sins Lord. Please allow this word to build up these ladies and allow them to edify one another here and in their lives. In Jesus name Amen.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

This is just my take on this look at it like a mini sermonette or something lol.

In order to gain a bit of back knowledge I always like to start by defining key parts.
And the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?”
(Job 1:8 ESV)

For me the major focus in this verse is considered.
Per Webster
considered-matured by extended deliberative though
consider-to think of especially with regard to taking some action

To be considered spiritually one is being thought of for greater possibilities. Many times we are being considered and God has allowed Satan to do what he does to see if we will buckle under the pressure. We at times fail and at times we soar. Being considered doesn't feel great as we are being taken in account for new opportunities. We as Christians and as human don't like trials and burdens. We believe we somehow should be exempt from the test. However whatever can't be tested can't be used. Would you want to drive a car that hasn't been tested over and over to ensure safety? So that plays along the lines of us being tested in order to make sure we won't break when pressures come. It's not a thing of if pressure comes but when. God will not allow or bless us in increase as some of these gospel songs say if our character isn't on point. What would be the point we get up so high but our character won't allow us to maintain. It's like a plane that has some issues goes up in the air but to crash when simple if it had been grounded for a bit and had that error fixed it would be able to soar and complete it's mission safely. That goes for you as Christian's sisters we have to ensure our character is great so when God places us we won't make a fool of him.

Job was a great servant to the Lord. To me the whole book of Job from what I gather shows a man who had everything taken away from him and he went through changes. He also had folks think of him differently because he was going through. If your going through right now and others are not supporting you, you need to rid yourself of them. To me Job went through all the changes we go through as a Christians who are suffering. He was mad,sad,angry,mourned but at the end he still stayed focus on God.

This week as we go through things take renewed energy that while you are going through things you aren't being victimized you are being considered. When things seem to go out of control know the one you pull your strength from is in control. He knows what he made you to be and what you can bear. God allowed it so therefore you should be happy(note this isn't easy and I won't even try and say it is) God is testing you to be used. We often think when we pray things will come out peaches and cream like. No,often times things will get worst.

The things we think will break us will actually make us stronger. I will use myself as a example. April I lost my job. I was hurt,sad,mad and scared. I was making more than I ever had now that I am working again I'm in a worst situation. Financially I'm not where I was and therefore will have to do somethings differently in order to survive. I am in a environment at work that is spiritually draining by dealing with the down trodden for 8 hours. However instead of looking at my life with a car that seems to want to go to glory,bank account that looks anorexic I will look to God who placed me here and know I'm being tested. This won't take me out it will build my character and allow me to grow. My job is temporary it's not permanent so any day they can say your out of a job. I have future goals but I will allow this consideration time be used to build me and prepare me for new possibilities.

I hope we all can dialogue in this week's bible study and the lovely loolalooh will be back in July.

sidney

I enjoyed reading this. I like the airplane analogy so I will spin off that. Sometimes it's just an issue of perspective. Low places are not pleasant... But it's the low places that prepare you for your high places in life. In the past I always read this as uh oh... The enemy has a target! But, it was God that choose the target! He is really the one that did all of the considering! There is something in you that he wants to develop... He just uses the enemy as a tool to hone it and remove all extra stuff hindering the plane from reaching the destination.