Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier is My New Creamy Crack

MissMusic

I have been using Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier since May of last year (I reviewed it on my blog in June), and I have been loving it ever since. At first I used it alone every other day as a moisturizer on dry hair, the moisture it provides lasts a long time so there was no need to apply it daily. Then I used it diluted with water to wet bun and my hair was in heaven. I even moved from Florida to the mid-west, found it in a store in the mid-west and I continue to use it. I have been using it since my current stretch began, as a leave-in conditioner and I have to say I am in LOVE!!! I have several bottles because I do not want to run out (fat chance). I was talking to my sister on the phone about it, because I have her and even have my brothers using it, we were talking about hair and how she needed to restock her products, and we started talking about the Protective Mist Bodifier and I said to her, "Taliah is my New Creamy Crack" :lachen::lachen::lachen:!

I use it regularly now as the leave-in conditioner (I use the motown girl leave-in recipe), and as a result my stretch has been a breeze so far (I am currently 23 weeks post). Of course my whole regimen aids in making my stretch simple, but this product keeps my hair moisturized for days and melts the tangles away which allows my hair styles to last longer.

Just thought I would share :drunk:. If you haven't tried it, you just don't know what you are missing!!!!!!!!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I here ya' this is the ONLY thing that keeps my NG moisturized for atleast 3 days and helps me to get to my 3 months without breakage.

I always keep no less than 2 bottles here

Mische

Is proplene glycol listed under ingredients on your bottle? I know a few ladies were reporting the change in ingredients didn't mesh with their hair. I'm wondering if I should try this stuff or not. :spinning: Recovering PJ over here...

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Is proplene glycol listed under ingredients on your bottle? I know a few ladies were reporting the change in ingredients didn't mesh with their hair. I'm wondering if I should try this stuff or not. :spinning: Recovering PJ over here...

i kept looking at this product and wanted to try it as i am in the market for something i can buy at a store instead of ordering online. i would also like something i can mist on instead of applying like a cream.

when i saw this i wanted to try it, but i wasn't thrilled with ingredients. i really really really want to stay away from propylene glycol. BUT after reading this review i may have to try it.

MissMusic

Yes, she added the propolyne glycol a couple of years back, but it works just as well to me. TRY IT!!! I AM YOUR PUSHER :lachen::lachen:

TruMe

i would also like something i can mist on instead of applying like a cream.

This was exactly the reason I started using this product and I loved it. I stopped using it when I decided to try out cheaper route of mixing water with aloe vera juice and using this as my daily moisturizer. The smell isn't really going over too well with my husband and he has already told me to go back to using what I was. :lachen: So...I guess I will be hitting up the store to restock on this.

mystery29

I so want to try this. It must be working cause your hair florished in a short amount of time judging by your fotki

melmarie

I LOVE this stuff! I just mixed up a batch of braid spray for my girls with it - 2 oz. of Protective Mist Bodifier, 2 oz. distilled water, 2 oz. aloe vera juice, and about 2 teaspoons of glycerin. I'm transitioning (11 months in) and it's great for my hair too. I used to buy it at the CVS near my house, but I think they've stopped stocking it...drove to four other CVS stores in the area that were supposed to have it and they were out, too. Now I have 2 32 oz. bottles under my sink! :grin:

hj3046

I wanted to try this as well but the propylene glycol and dmdm hydantion scared me. Instead, I just mixed aloe vera juice, pro-vitamin leave-in, glycerin, and jojoba in a spray bottle and use that. I can see the shine in my new growth for days. I have fine hair so a mist after my wash and d/c is best. The cream just weighs me down no matter how little I use.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I love this too, the old formula though. Never tried the new one. I snagged a coupla professional sized bottles just before they changed the formula. That stuff makes my ng just act right. I'm trying to save it for ng emergenices only. I should really try the new formula and see if it works just as good.

Keshieshimmer

I hate it when everything seems right but it still does not work for me. I even left it on for a bit before I started to detangle my dry hair. When I use it as a leave in my hair is still dry looking.

MissMusic

I hate it when everything seems right but it still does not work for me. I even left it on for a bit before I started to detangle my dry hair. When I use it as a leave in my hair is still dry looking.

Try using it as a part of the motown girl leavin recipe

3 ounces water
2 ounces taliah
1/2 ounce oil

Trust me when I say this makes the product work the best.

Last edited:

Uniqzoe

Funny you should post this, I just discovered this stuff last week. I'm still trying to decide if I just like it or if I love it, but definitely don't hate it.

blackbarbie986

I use it and love it! First discorvered it when it was under her other product line (cant think of it right now). Used it Fri as a base for the kimmaytube leave in and my hair is still moist. This is a holy grail product for my hair!

Can someone tell me what proplyn glycol actually is plz. I heard once that it is derived from mineral oil, but I dont know if that's true.

MissMusic

I use it and love it! First discorvered it when it was under her other product line (cant think of it right now). Used it Fri as a base for the kimmaytube leave in and my hair is still moist. This is a holy grail product for my hair!

Can someone tell me what proplyn glycol actually is plz. I heard once that it is derived from mineral oil, but I dont know if that's true.

Propylene glycol is actually derived from alcohol and is a used as a humectant in hair products.

When ingested orally in very very large quantities, it becomes toxic, these quantities can be found in antifreeze. However unlike brake fluid, the propylene glycol is heavily diluted in cosmetic products. The concentration used in hair products is not toxic, however like most products, skin irritation/allergic reactions can occur in some people.

Propylene glycol is colorless, odorless, and is used in food as well as several other household products, all in varying quantities, but most definitely diluted. Studies show that the propylene glycol found in cosmetic products are not toxic, but direct oral consumption of the undiluted substance is toxic. It is an FDA approved product.

It is basically considered a safe chemical, but as with all chemicals, to each his own. HTH!

cyrealla

:( living in England suckksss!
they don't post outside the US
the product junkie within me cries.

taliah waajid is sold in paks i brought mine in the finsbury park branch just last week, im sure their other shops(harlesden, dalston) should have it in stock if not u could always order it online.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I love this stuff! I also just got the detangler and I use it as a leave in instead. My hair is soft for days. I just relaxed yesterday, but was using this when I was 28 weeks post without a problem!

Iluvsmuhgrass

I really want to try this but I've had two pretty bad reactions to two products where propylene glycol was the number 2 ingredient.... makes me a little reluctant. I loooooove her African healing oyl though. That stuff is magical.

MissMusic

I really want to try this but I've had two pretty bad reactions to two products where propylene glycol was the number 2 ingredient.... makes me a little reluctant. I loooooove her African healing oyl though. That stuff is magical.

Just spray a little on your hand in the store and see how your skin reacts :yep:

vkb247

The sell this at BSS's and CVS and Walgreens...I think :) You don't have to order it online. As far as the ingredient change, well it didn't actually change, the way the ingredients were listed just changed.