Protective Mist Bodifier vs Knot today

FtrDrO

Have any of you tried both Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier or Kinky Curly Knot Today? Which do you prefer and why?

And while we're at it.....if you've used PMB with the Kimmay leave in method, can you please share how that mix worked for you?

faithVA

I have used both but I repurchased TW mist bodifier. In fairness neither of them work on my wet hair. And I didn't try the knot today on my dry or damp hair. I use the TW because it is heavier and my hair likes a heavier product. And products that are more water based make my hair curl and fuzz up. Even putting water in the TW, keeps it a creamy consistency vs a watery one.

Kimmay Tube's leave in didn't work so well for me but that is probably because the leave-ins didn't work so well for me. Just knowing both products it seems like the know today would work better in the leave-in. Just my opinion.

Uniqzoe

I have used both and I like PMB better simply because it works well with other products. Whenever I use KT I can't use other products or I will have little ugly beads in my hair. Yuck! However I will add that TW recently changed the the ingredients in PMB and it is a little thinner than before, I still like it but not as much as before.

Still haven't tried the Kimmaytube conditioner yet.

Nubenap22

The knot today is better for me using Kimmays mixology and I usually mix enough for more than one application.

the tw protective mist bodifyer is great when I want to add to baggie or remove braid extensions. I have not tried it as a leave in. But I can say her great detangler is AWESOMENESS!!! I've used it on dry, wet, damp hair, and to remove braid bases from sew ins, two strand twists, and when I undo my puffs before wash day.

Ms Lala

Have any of you tried both Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier or Kinky Curly Knot Today? Which do you prefer and why?

And while we're at it.....if you've used PMB with the Kimmay leave in method, can you please share how that mix worked for you?

I use both products. They have different purposes. Taliah Waajid is a more of daily moisturizer and Knot Today is best as a leave in on damp hair for wash day IMO.

allmundjoi

I use them together. I wash, dry, KCKT, then mist bodifier. They are a great combo. Hair is moisturized and soft. Its funny, I have all these products I used when I was relaxed/transitioning and hated them. Now that I am natural, I love 'em.

Sent from my DROIDX

bride91501

I jockied TW PMB from @Ms_Lala 's reggie 8 months ago, and it's never disappointed me :nono: :grin: I used it as my daily moisturizer throughout the winter, and recently began using it as the basis for my homemade juice mix (my summer moisturizer).

I didn't like the way KT felt on my hair alone, but my hair felt pretty good the couple of times I used it in the Kimmay recipe at the beginning of my journey. Just too much work to do these days.

JC Jane

I'm relaxed and they work great with my hair. I tried KCKT first as a leave in and daily mosturizer sealed with olive oil or JC Nourish and Shine. Worked like a charm during the summer and fall but when I ran out I needed a replacement ASAP and couldn't make my way to Whole Foods so I purchased Protective Mist.

Well my dear, I used that product all through the winter months and it softened my new growth and made my hair shine like I couldn't believe. But then recently my Protective Mist stopped working randomly, even after I clarified. So, I'm taking a break until winter again and experimenting with a combo of Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner (SMELLS LIKE A FLOWER GARDEN IN SPRING AFTER IT RAINS!!!) mixed with Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler. They work really well together after I used them during a rollerset. My curls were shiny and moist.

Oh! I also tried Neil George Detangle Nourishment Spray as a leave in because of the castor oil content and was pleasantly surprised. It would have made to to my list of staples had it not aggravated my allergies and been so expensive for such a small bottle. But the stuff really seemed to moisturize and leave my hair shiny and helped with my porosity, which is something I have a huge issue with. Stopped some breakage I was having after one application.

HTH...sorry to go off on a tangent....

Nefertiti0906

I've used both, my hair didn't really feel moisturized. Unfortunately my hair prefers S-Curl. I'm still looking for a natural based product that will moisturize my hair.

Last edited:

Newbie2Beauty

Both are sitting on my counter now. I am transitioning and my daughters are natural. I use the KT as a leave in detangler and the PMB as a daily moisturizer on my new growth and all of my daughters' natural hair. Love both! Got my Aloe Vera Juice today so I'm bout to try kimmaytube's leave in tomorrow using the KT.

ceecy29

So you already know the Kimmaytube leave in didn't work for me. But on their own, I prefer KCKT. TW PMB makes my hair curl up way too much which equals tangles for me, and it didn't really moisturize, so me no likey.

KCKT doesn't cause curling up so much for me and keeps my strands separated. I can't use it on it own though. I always put another layer on top of it to "activate" it. I sometimes use another heavy moisturizer like alaffia shea and coconut lotion or seal it with Oyin burnt sugar pomade.