Terry's method on Youtube

BostonMaria

Thanks KindredsTwin1983 for pointing this out to me...

For those of you who follow Terry's method (Terry from biracialhair.org and tightlycurly.com) here she is on Youtube now describing how she does her conditioner only method

I am a huge fan of her long hair :drunk: Hopefully this hasn't been added on another thread already.:spinning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5vlcFgt0h0

BostonMaria

I'm watching it right now too
I'm so glad she did this because I am more of a visual person and when others would explain it I just didn't "get it"

This is definitely not how I envisioned it. I'm gonna jump in the shower and try this today LOL

Carrie A

Wow I didn't realize she made such small divisions. I smooth an amount of hair about the size of her whole front section at once. I wonder if there is really a difference.

inthepink

This is awesome! Fortunately, I understood her technique from her website description. It works really well on my hair, too! It does takes a while - I can only imagine how long it takes for her but it does work very well if you follow the directions exactly as she describes and shows!

inthepink

Wow I didn't realize she made such small divisions. I smooth an amount of hair about the size of her whole front section at once. I wonder if there is really a difference.

Try it her way and see what you get. What I like about the method is that the curls look so natural and are extremely frizz free. Whereas if you have a big chunk of a curl that isn't really meant to be a big chunky curl, it will eventually become frizzy or matted looking.

ladylibra

so happy to hear and see her! :love: i only did the method exactly the way she did in the vid once... very time-consuming, but i got GREAT HAIR out of it. now i kinda halfway do it... still leave the condish in, still use a Denman to detangle and then my fingers to loosen the coils and break them up (Denman brushing causes big clumps) but i don't smooth thru every coil. mainly cuz i have to wear my hair up all the time for work. :(

i think i might do this again Tuesday nite though... so i can wear my hair out and look nice at my cosmetology school appointment Wednesday. :grin:

tkj25

so happy to hear and see her! :love: i only did the method exactly the way she did in the vid once... very time-consuming, but i got GREAT HAIR out of it. now i kinda halfway do it... still leave the condish in, still use a Denman to detangle and then my fingers to loosen the coils and break them up (Denman brushing causes big clumps) but i don't smooth thru every coil. mainly cuz i have to wear my hair up all the time for work. :(

i think i might do this again Tuesday nite though... so i can wear my hair out and look nice at my cosmetology school appointment Wednesday. :grin:

(ot) congrats libra on starting cosmetology school! we need some of that new hair knowledge up in there.:grin::yep::yep:

(back ot) ... i love teri's hair! the length is a-maz-ing.:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Vonnieluvs08

I'm glad you posted this vid. I came across her blog a couple months ago and could never figure out how to get back to it. I can't wait to BC this summer so I can try this technique for real. I do it on my little curls in the back now and it looks great so I know it will turn out great when I can do my whole head.

Her hair is inspirational.

MagnoliaBelle

Maria,
Thanks for posting. I'm like you, I really didn't visualize the method properly. I'm glad she's on youtube now, and I will be looking for more of her videos.

By the way, I like your videos also.

honeisos

Thanks to lady libra and her beautiful curls for helpin me find teri! i was stalkin your youtube and fotki lol ,and saw your results . and i have been doin teri's method ever since . it took me a hour to do all that dang smoothing the first time ...ugh ! but so worth it . i had bangin curls . and that along with henna my hair is in awesome shape . i am happy with my hair . and now i know i can reach my goal of mbl this year, because hair is healthy and loved :)

Last edited:

Duff

I LOVE Terry's Hair!!!!! she changed the name of her blog and I couldnt find it anymore. thanks OP!!!

ebonylocs

Her hair is especially amazing when you look at pictures from her younger years, before she "figured out" her hair. What a turn around.

Too bad her methods are not exactly suited for my hair type.

Allandra

It's good to see she did a video to explain her method. Her hair is so pretty. She did such small sections. I wonder how long this would take me. Probably too long. :ohwell: