The Roller Setting & Protective Styling Challenge!

LivingDol1

Did my roller set last night. It took me 45 minutes to set my hair. and I was going slow and making sure all of my sections were perfect. lol. So maybe I can try to do it in 30 minutes next time? I used blue rollers in the center, one grey at the nape. and all grey on the sides. I had a lot of shedding though. Not sure if that is due to the megatek usage or the fact that I stopped taking my rene furterer vitamins. I'm going to stop using megatek for now.

Drying time came to be 2 hours and 45 minutes. My hair is really soft! I'm loving it! Put my hair in a bun today but the bobby pins were not holding up my bun, so I took them out and I just have a high pony.

I'll add pics later. :)

I rollerset yesterday and it took about 45 minutes to set.This is the best rollerset by far.I was under the dryer for about 1hr 45 min.I probably could have got done quicker but I had the temp on low. I think it looked so nice because I actually took my time putting the rollers in this time.I wanna try the saran wrap thing.Maybe i'll do it next week.I'll add pics if I can.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Did my roller set last night. It took me 45 minutes to set my hair. and I was going slow and making sure all of my sections were perfect. lol. So maybe I can try to do it in 30 minutes next time? I used blue rollers in the center, one grey at the nape. and all grey on the sides. I had a lot of shedding though. Not sure if that is due to the megatek usage or the fact that I stopped taking my rene furterer vitamins. I'm going to stop using megatek for now.
Drying time came to be 2 hours and 45 minutes. My hair is really soft! I'm loving it! Put my hair in a bun today but the bobby pins were not holding up my bun, so I took them out and I just have a high pony.
I'll add pics later. :)

Have you tried Good Day Hair Pins? They grip reeeaaally good and don't snag your hair at all. Love them! Did you decide which dryer you're gonna get?

LivingDol1

Have you tried Good Day Hair Pins? They grip reeeaaally good and don't snag your hair at all. Love them! Did you decide which dryer you're gonna get?

good day hair pins? i just did a google search and only came up with decorative hair accessories. can you get them at the CVS/walgreens? i use the metal clips and those work well for me. but i am curious.

i haven't settled on a dryer yet... i am very heavily leaning towards the salons-r-us dryer. it's 139.00 on sale and shipping is free.... or 20 extra bucks if i want it delivered on a saturday. or, i could go to a babyliss dryer or the hot tools. those are less expensive i think? I've also seen Pibbs for $200... I'll make my decision soon.

LivingDol1

1 hour and 45 isn't bad. :) nice, we wanna see pics!

I rollerset yesterday and it took about 45 minutes to set.This is the best rollerset by far.I was under the dryer for about 1hr 45 min.I probably could have got done quicker but I had the temp on low. I think it looked so nice because I actually took my time putting the rollers in this time.I wanna try the saran wrap thing.Maybe i'll do it next week.I'll add pics if I can.

Itllbeokbaby

dryer broken

can't find proper rollers; remember it's been five years

-but air dried, and now sitting with foam:blush: rollers, hair wrapped in toliet tissue:blush:. soon to blow dry. will remove before sleeping. hope this works. i'll take a pic only if it looks ok.

i really want to buy that steamer cap (you put in microwave); will look up good day pins hair also.

tiffers

good day hair pins? i just did a google search and only came up with decorative hair accessories. can you get them at the CVS/walgreens? i use the metal clips and those work well for me. but i am curious.
i haven't settled on a dryer yet... i am very heavily leaning towards the salons-r-us dryer. it's 139.00 on sale and shipping is free.... or 20 extra bucks if i want it delivered on a saturday. or, i could go to a babyliss dryer or the hot tools. those are less expensive i think? I've also seen Pibbs for $200... I'll make my decision soon.
Here's what the pins look like:

They're plastic and they grip so good. My hair never slips out of them. You can find them at Sally's :yep: I stopped using bobby pins because that little ball at the tip can snag your hair. I have the bobby pins without the ball, but they don't hold that well.
You can get a Hot Tools dryer from www.metrobeauty.com for $99 with free shipping. I had mine for a while, but the fan stopped working. I used it a LOT, too. There was a point where I was using it every day to deep condition

LivingDol1

So, how long does it take to dry your hair under the hot tools dryer? how long did you have it before the fan died? do you wear a net over the rollers when you use it?

You can get a Hot Tools dryer from www.metrobeauty.com for $99 with free shipping. I had mine for a while, but the fan stopped working. I used it a LOT, too. There was a point where I was using it every day to deep condition

tiffers

So, how long does it take to dry your hair under the hot tools dryer? how long did you have it before the fan died? do you wear a net over the rollers when you use it?
With magnetics, it took 50 mins to an hour. I never had a chance to use mesh rollers with it, if I did, it probably would cut my drying time to 30-40 mins! I do use a net over the rollers :yep:

tiffers

dryer broken

-but air dried, and now sitting with foam:blush: rollers, hair wrapped in toliet tissue:blush:. soon to blow dry. will remove before sleeping. hope this works. i'll take a pic only if it looks ok.

i really want to buy that steamer cap (you put in microwave); will look up good day pins hair also.
Wait a minute.... Did you say toilet tissue???? :lachen: :lachen: You are crazy!!!! Let us know how it comes out!

LivingDol1

aww! you're workin' with what you've got! how long until your hair was fully dry??

lol @ TP. :)

dryer broken

LushLox

Did a rollerset last night using the traditional mohawk method. Used my usual Lacio Lacio and water/castor oil mix - it's the best set I've done so far. Hair has body, movement, shine; but I think the results was more down to with the conditioner I used (L'Occitane shine mask). I've had two compliments from colleagues already! :grin:

Itllbeokbaby

relaxed on tuesday; leave-in Aphogee provitamin leave-in conditioner; coconut oil; air dry takes hours to dry

ate noodles with roasted garlic to stop shedding - works so far

sponge rollers 2 inch diameter; spray water to moisten just ends; smoothed with fingers; add toliet paper; air dry/blow dry took about two hours (i have thin hair).

today put in loose bun - no pics

i'll keep trying to get it smoother, i know i put them in wrong; and i just found some of my rollers

tiffers

Did a rollerset last night using the traditional mohawk method. Used my usual Lacio Lacio and water/castor oil mix - it's the best set I've done so far. Hair has body, movement, shine; but I think the results was more down to with the conditioner I used (L'Occitane shine mask). I've had two compliments from colleagues already! :grin:
Get outta here with that!!! Don't nobody wanna hear about that stinkin mask! :lachen:

Why are you teasing me? :cry:

tiffers

relaxed on tuesday; leave-in Aphogee provitamin leave-in conditioner; coconut oil; air dry takes hours to dry

sponge rollers 2 inch diameter; spray water to moisten just ends; smoothed with fingers; add toliet paper; air dry/blow dry took about two hours (i have thin hair).

i'll keep trying to get it smoother, i know i put them in wrong; and i just found some of my rollers
It came out nice! You should definitely invest in some mesh or magnetic rollers, your sets will come out fab! :yep:

tiffers

I'm under the dryer now :D

Used Salerm 21 b5 and Silky Milk as leave ins

Mixed Silicon Mix Serum and Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum to top it off

I'll take pics when I'm done. Hopefully they'll look decent

LovelyRo

Water and castor oil... I might give that a try!

LivingDol1

looks nice! how did you blow dry? the whole length of your hair or did you just use it to speed up the drying time on your roller set?

thanks tiffers for the pic and regime, very nice curls

very nice hair GeorgiaCutie - what is your regime?, please

Thank u. I don't do anything special:lachen: I wash about twice a week and DC once a week.For my wash I'll use either ORS Aloe Shampoo, CON or Roux Porosity Control.If I need to clarify I'll use Pantene Purify. For my DC I use ORS Replenishing Con and Porosity Control Con. (together) Pantene Breakage Mask or Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor with a plastic cap for about an hour. I wash out my conditioner and detangle while in the shower.After rinsing out my DC I leave my hair sopping wet then apply Rusk Sensories Leave In and Chi Silk Infusion, then rollerset. That's it.I relax every 10-12 weeks using Mizani Butter Blends (Regular).