THREAD for no reason - Random Hair Thoughts Here

ChasingBliss

Dayum, I guess when you accidently cook the hell out of vegetables it just becomes roughage to your body, no more nutrients left, eh?

Also, Im starting to believe that my six tabs of spirulina per day, keep me quite regular....he he, tmi, i know

The Girl

alexei said:
I should be doing schoolwork.
I come to LHCF alot when I get frustrated with whatever I am doing in the real world.
Confession - I often come looking for the latest hair growth craze...that doesn't stink :look:
And inspiration for continuing on my hair journey.
Ahhh, I love this place :D
Ok, back to schoolwork (yeh right :cool: )

LOL girl me too thus the 50 11 responses in this thread alone:lachen:

cutiebe2

random hair thought for the day..
I remember only two years ago when my hair used to fall out like crazy. I would wash it twice a week (following th Shamboosie book). My mom always told me to use a hair strainer but I never did. The pipe got so clogged that it started to leak and it leaked straight down into the kitchen.
its funny when I look back on it but I felt really bad at the time

I don't have to worry now because 1. I use a strainer....2. My hair doesn't fall out like crazy

pinkdot's blog

I just bought some S Curl Activator Moisturizer today. I heard so many good things about it I hope it works. I'm supposed to trim my hair tonight. I'm trimming my the moons for growth but I don't know if I should go for it. This will be the only time I would trim this year if it did trim but I don't know. I don't think so. You know what on second thought forget it because MTG works well enough. I'm rocking my hair in box braids to take a break from extensions and this is the wig I'm rocking.

Attachments

• Wiggie.jpg
    Wiggie.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 14

angie10

HoneyDew said:
I don't really use henna anymore because I hate the mess. I just used it because I bought it and did not want to waste my money. I just use cassia powder or just store brand henna products that are labeled as neutral (i.e surya powder, light mountain henna neutral, etc.). Some people don't like these, but they work just as well as the henna that I used for about a month.

I have a 1 oz scoop and I use about 3 of those scoops of the powder, 1 cup (about 6 oz.) of plain yogurt, about 2 oz. of boiling water, some oil (I am using amla right now and I don't measure it. I just pour some in).

I use it weekly of every other week if I am busy. I try not to go more than 2 weeks, although I am sure I don't need to do it that often. I just like the treatments. I am relaxed and I do this treatment every week except relaxer week.

I used to put it on my wet hair, but I have found that it saves time to do it this way:

-on Saturday or Sunday I put the mixture on my dry hair.
-I put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 20 min.
-Then I workout for 40-60 min with the mixture still on.

-Then I rinse it which is another process:
I rinse as much as possible with plain water. Then I use Johnson's Baby shampoo detangling for 3 sudsings using a detangling comb while the suds are in. If I don't use the comb it does not rinse, as well. Then I use my moisturizinf shampoo for a 4th sudsing. I guess you can skip that step. I just do that because my Roux Porsity Control shampoo makes my hair feel so good.​
-Then I apply some Motions Moisture plus and sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for 20 min.
-After that is rinsed, I style as usual. I thought my hair was dry after the 1st time I tried it, but it was not. It was just stronger. I never had any dryness problems.

Thanks honeydew for the info:D I was also thinking about all that mixing, and washing:lachen: It's like doing a relaxer, but I will look into it.

J 3 a n i O u s

stacy said:
Random hair thoughts........

Why do I want to have long flowing straight hair and a big ole afro at the same time?

Why is it that black men with natural hair seem to do nothing to their hair (barely even taking care of it) and their hair grows like weeds?

Why is it that my mom used to press my hair weekly, wash it monthly (she would "wash" it with a wet cloth and vinegar between regular washings), and use "grease" on my hair and scalp, yet my hair was longer and seemingly healthier then than now?

How can water moisturize your hair and dry out your hair at the same time? I've heard both ideas thrown about on this board and I am confused about this.

How can eggs and soy relax your hair (wondering about the Phytospecific that I am still waiting to receive from AmirahG)?

The white woman with the jacked up weave sure was funny on "Hair Trauma".

Why am I scared to get a weave?

Very interesting .. did she use the wet cloth and vinegar to clean just the scalp or did she use it on the entire length of the hair??

godsflowerrr

I finally tried the ACV rinse and i'm hooked. my hair and new growth were so soft. My hair was so shiny and my breakage has ceased!!! why didn't i try this sooner?????? I wish that i would have tried this a year ago. :)

facets

same ol same ol, why does hair grow so fast when you have a relaxer and/or cute short cut that you love, but when you *want* it grow, are desperate for it grow, it's like zzzzzzzz.

"a watched pot..." i guess.

PreteeBella

Hello Ladies! :newbie: checking in. This is my first post and I'm just beginning my hair journey and I must say it sux big time :mad:

I have worn a weave since 9th grade (I'm 23) and I just decided enough is enough already. You would think my hair would be down to my toes but it's only neck length :( I'm struggling with my length as far as protective styles but now I am realizing that because I did not take care of my hair when I wore my weave, maybe with the knowledge I am learning, I can use my weave to my advantage this time, not let it contribute to my downfall :confused:

It suxs starting new but I have been learning a lot and I write down everything in a hair journal so I am well on my way (I hope) :perplexed

gymfreak336

kaybeegee said:
same ol same ol, why does hair grow so fast when you have a relaxer and/or cute short cut that you love, but when you *want* it grow, are desperate for it grow, it's like zzzzzzzz.

"a watched pot..." i guess.

You are soo right. I never understood that. I am soo close to shoulder length and I feel like I am running in circles. I do think that my hair health is improving and I can honestly say that my hair looks like a totally new head of hair. If you say me last year and say my hair now, you would think it was a different persons head so I guess I am doing something right.

chayil0427

School totally has me off my hair routine. I mean I'm still moisturizing and covering my hair at night, but I haven't had time for a wash in like a week and half. I haven't even gotten to use my new pibbs dryer yet. :( boohoo.

Chayil

HoneyDew

angie10 said:
Thanks honeydew for the info:D I was also thinking about all that mixing, and washing:lachen: It's like doing a relaxer, but I will look into it.

You are welcome. I am not one to push a method because I know if someone really wants to try something they will. But, I must say, even though it sounds like a lot to do, it really is not. At least it is not considering the benefits. I think if someone wants to avoid protein but still needs strength Cassia or henna is great. If someone wants to thicken their strands, they should also consider it. Of course the coloring benefits are there for those that want to avoid chemicals for coloring. Let us know how you like/dislike it if you ever try it. :)

blackbarbie

I secretly LOOOOOVE wearing my hair in a sophisticated bun (have been doing so this entire winter), but right now, I don't know if I can hold out until 2 more weeks when I am supposed to get my relaxer. I want a relaxer so bad it's not funny:grin: . I will be getting color 2 weeks afterwards and and soooo excited. Haven't had highlights in over a year and I can't wait.

But my random thought is that I really do like rocking a sleek bun every day.

RosesBlack

My most recent random hair thought. I went into the bathroom and caught a glimpse of my hair. WTH happened? I have a rather large dome of hair right in front of my bun that I swear wasn't there when I put my hair up.

Or I just really need to wear my glasses when putting my hair up.

cutiebe2

PreteeBella said:
Hello Ladies! :newbie: checking in. This is my first post and I'm just beginning my hair journey and I must say it sux big time :mad:

I have worn a weave since 9th grade (I'm 23) and I just decided enough is enough already. You would think my hair would be down to my toes but it's only neck length :( I'm struggling with my length as far as protective styles but now I am realizing that because I did not take care of my hair when I wore my weave, maybe with the knowledge I am learning, I can use my weave to my advantage this time, not let it contribute to my downfall :confused:

It suxs starting new but I have been learning a lot and I write down everything in a hair journal so I am well on my way (I hope) :perplexed
welcome and congrats on your first post!

cutiebe2

when I sit down in a leathr chair and get up, you can see the grease mark where my hair was...anyone know how to fix that (I am wearing braids right now)???

Keen

My hair is back to what it was before my styling cut it! I got a perm two weeks ago and haven't been able to stop looking at my hair. I had to force myself to start bunning...

APL here I come.... I'm sure I will be APL by summer. I'm sooooo excited.

HoneyDew

My random hair thought for today is about my uneven hair. :mad:

I am sick and tired of the MAJOR layers that I had to cut last year because I got major tangles after a sew in weave was left in too long. It's my own fault.

But even though my hair is getting thicker and has more volume, it is not getting any longer of course, because I cut it so much.

I hope to be even by Summer, but that seems so far away!

melodee

My mom made me believe I had the most unmanagable hair when I was growing up. Transitioning to natural has given me a newfound relationship with my hair. I am learning to appreciate it all--the most managable sections as well as the challenge areas.:)

preciousjewel76

I'm really starting to wonder if my morning dose of MSM is making me gassy. My insides sound like a humpback whale this morning! I love MSM and all, but this is ridiculous.:look:

HoneyDew

melodee said:
My mom made me believe I had the most unmanagable hair when I was growing up. Transitioning to natural has given me a newfound relationship with my hair. I am learning to appreciate it all--the most managable sections as well as the challenge areas.:)

Hey I did not know you were transitioning! Congrats! :)

asiaticlily

preciousjewel76 said:
I'm really starting to wonder if my morning dose of MSM is making me gassy. My insides sound like a humpback whale this morning! I love MSM and all, but this is ridiculous.:look:

:lachen: :lachen: MSM does have that effect.

The Girl

Ok I want to flat iron my hair to see if I have any length but then I think I should try a rollerset again...decisions decisions

brownsugarflyygirl

Yall are great :lol: I loved reading you alls thoughts and wanted to reply to like at least 1/3 of the responses but that would have taken all day. I kept being like "yea, me too" and "wow, that's interesting."

My random thoughts:
I have been frustrated recently because after 7 months of no heat...from April 06 to Dec 06...I started the LHCF Bootcamp....so no heat for another year. I thought I would be fine because I easily went so many months without heat and it would help me to reach my hair length goal. But wouldnt you know it....Now I really want to press my hair and wear it straight...SIGH :( I think I am going to use my Session 1 pass and get my hair pressed for Easter. In the meantime I bought a fly straight hair wig to quell my straight hair urge.

Dee-Licious

I really need to grease my scalp so it can get it well when i go to the gym tonight... but I soooooooo don't feel like it. Sigh... I'm just too lazy to be true.

Treasure2k6

Random Hair Thought OF the Day:

Why does this chick at work keep asking me if she can press my hair out with a stove straightening iron?? I don't even know her like that! Secondly, just cause my hair is thick why does she think I "want" it to be slick?

Howcome my sisters always refer to hair products such as Garnier,Aphogee,Redken,Biosilk, Sunsilk, NTM and etc etc,,,,,as being made for caucasions? Howcome they feel that hair products has to deal with race or nationality?

Final thought....What hair texture am I? I have yet to figure out my curl pattern. Its different on both sides. I wonder if thats why my leftside grows slower than my rightside. Hummmmmm.....