• WL: Waist Length

Votes: 120 32.0%
  • Hip Length and Beyond

Votes: 182 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SouthernTease

A lot of dream of having really long hair, but
having long hair requires a lot of time and work.
For my lifestyle I cannot have hair longer than BSL.
It just wouldn't be practical FOR ME.
How long is too long for you?

seeminglysweet

A lot of dream of having really long hair, but
having long hair requires a lot of time and work.
For my lifestyle I cannot have hair longer than BSL.
It just wouldn't be practical FOR ME.
How long is too long for you?

I'm trying to reach WSL but I think that it will be too long for me and I will eventually cut long layers into MBL length.

For my lifestyle/career I'm trying to decide if MBL is too long. I keep hearing/reading that inthe corporate world a short haircut is deemed more professional - not sure if I buy that or if i'm willing to cut my hair at this point.

growinstrong

I chose waistlength. My hair is almost brastrap and already gets in my mouth when eating, caught in the car door when I close it :nono: and feels annoying on my back sometimes when I wear it down, but I love the looks/comments that I get from ppl both men and women. They comment on how shiny, healthy, and long it is. My goal was at one point waistlength , but now it is midback and I know, that's real long too. I look at it this way, once I grow it, if I get tired of it, I can cut it bluntly to brastrap. That way, I could say that it was once that long, didnt like, and now I'm at a comfortable length that I can handle.

adf23

My personal goal is BSL all the way around. Any longer than that is way to long *for me*, esp since i am transitioning. I couldn't imagine having hair longer than that- it would prob be in a ponytail 80% the time, defeating the purpose.

tapioca_pudding

I honestly think FOR ME that nething past BSL, heck, even too much past APL is too long FOR ME. My reasons are:

1. Im tall. So dats alot of hair.
2. Too time consuming with styling, care, etc.
3. It seems unsanitary, like my hair would be in EVERYTHING - mouth, eyes, food (if like my hair falls forward onto my plate or something).

The only reason I could see me doing BSL is to prove to myself and others that it can be done. But blunt APL is prolly my finally goal. :)

Chanel's Tresses

When I first started here I said I wouldn't go past BSL but now I am thinking I will go to MBL. I don't know for sure if I can handle that much hair but I have layers and plan on always having them so it may not be as bad that way.

Neroli

No option for "never will be too long" so I didn't vote. Sometimes, you gotta be careful what you pray for cuz you just might get it, but I can't imagine my hair being "too long" :look: It's like saying, I'm too healthy, or too beautiful, or too sexy. . . .Oy, I digress.

"Too long" hair is a problem I'm waiting to have . . .:yep: I mean would be easy to fix, just cut it :lachen:

bLackButtaFly

I have two goals, one for my natural curly length, and then one when my hair is stretched or straightened. I couldn't imagine doing any longer then bsl length curly hair and I think that would translate to about MBL stretched. That's plenty long for me, and probably alittle too long.

caliber38

I honestly dont think my hair will ever be too long for me. I cant wait till there comes a time when i have to consider that. I've been drooling over super long locks my whole life so when I fnally get to waistlength or longer i dont think i would be brave enough to cut it b/c i would be worried that it wouldnt grow back lol.

gradygirl

When I was texturized brastrap was my limit but since becoming natural I am shooting for armpit length because my hair is thick I think brastrap will to much for me to handle.

ChocalateDiva

Im only 5 ft tall....so i think that midback would be long enough for me. But when I get to mid back I might decide to go to WSL.

My SO said that I would look like "Cousin It" if I let it get too long. He is silly.

Eisani

I chose waistlength. My hair is almost brastrap and already gets in my mouth when eating, caught in the car door when I close it :nono: and feels annoying on my back sometimes when I wear it down, but I love the looks/comments that I get from ppl both men and women. They comment on how shiny, healthy, and long it is. My goal was at one point waistlength , but now it is midback and I know, that's real long too. I look at it this way, once I grow it, if I get tired of it, I can cut it bluntly to brastrap. That way, I could say that it was once that long, didnt like, and now I'm at a comfortable length that I can handle.

Girl I let my window up in the car yesterday and went to open the door and realized my hair was in the daggone window :perplexed. I voted for WL but I'm a bit past APL, close to BSL and it gets stuck under my purse strap, in the seatbelt, my boo LAYS on my hair on accident, I accidentally lay on my own hair, and don't let me have on some lip gloss and the wind is blowing :wallbash:...the pains of beauty

gymfreak336

For me personally, bra strap is enough. I wouldn't mind one or two inches below it but I don't think I would look good with waistlength hair. I actually think I look better with shorter hair. I am just growing it out now to prove to myself and others that I can.

Mestiza

No option for "never will be too long" so I didn't vote. Sometimes, you gotta be careful what you pray for cuz you just might get it, but I can't imagine my hair being "too long" :look: It's like saying, I'm too healthy, or too beautiful, or too sexy. . . .Oy, I digress.

"Too long" hair is a problem I'm waiting to have . . .:yep: I mean would be easy to fix, just cut it :lachen:

I agree 100%! :yep: I could not vote, either. I don't see my hair ever being too long. :nono:

I adjust to the length of my hair as it grows. Longer hair is not overwhelming for me b/c it grows gradually, anyway. I have a simple regimen and that helps, a lot.

BrooklynSouth

I voted MBL, just below brastrap..that way I'll have a damage control length. Should I need a trim/cut..I'll still be happy with bra strap! {she says as she dreams the nearly 'impossible' dream}

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
For me, WL would be too long. That's just too much hair for me. I think I might stop at BSL, because my hair takes too long to do now and it's only at my collar bone.

SouthernTease

Since I want my natural hair to be in TBL twists or braids, my answer would be none of the above. :)

I don't really get that but um... ok.

I honestly think FOR ME that nething past BSL, heck, even too much past APL is too long FOR ME. My reasons are:

1. Im tall. So dats alot of hair.
2. Too time consuming with styling, care, etc.
3. It seems unsanitary, like my hair would be in EVERYTHING - mouth, eyes, food (if like my hair falls forward onto my plate or something).

The only reason I could see me doing BSL is to prove to myself and others that it can be done. But blunt APL is prolly my finally goal. :)

I agree with everything... I have a long torso so BSL is my ultimate limit...
and sometimes when hair is too long it looks homely NOT cute... there's a fine line.
Also, I think about what the water bill would bill like washing ALL THAT HAIR.
Also, my hair was always very long as a child... and I remember how much
lighter I felt when I cut it off the first time... my natural hair is super thick...
super long hair is not for everybody.

Last edited:

harrison

I can't say for sure...I think I'll know when it becomes too time consuming to manage. I had locks that were mbl that became to heavy and too cumbersome to work with because of the thickness. :spinning: But I shall see...

DarkAngell

once natural, my goal is maybe bsl or mbl stretched (apl natural? not sure yet...) . i couldnt imagine goin longer that mbl because thats a whole lotta hair to deal with when its in its natural state which is how i plan on wearing it 99% of the time.

*im also keeping in mind that the last 2 times in the past that i reached bsl ( while relaxed ) i began to get headaches.*

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I voted hip-length and beyond.

Maybe I'm just strange :look:, but I find my hair is easier to take care of when it's longer because I don't have to spend as much time styling it (and I can't stand styling my hair!) Really, I have much more trouble caring for short hair than longer hair. :eek:

When my hair's longer, I can just throw it in a pony tail or finger-comb it out and go! However, once it gets past the waist, it can be very annoying (sitting on it, getting caught on things, detangling and the like). Styling choices also become a bit more limited. But it does make for showstopping braids and up-dos! :yep:

C

chica_canella

Tail bone would prob. be too long for me. I like Loveya's length but I think that is like tail bone. I'm 5'5 so it wouldn't look bad on me cause I'd have it hooked up.

My original goal was waist length.:yep:

Energee

I'm the same as you OP. I can't see going longer than BSL because I know that it will require a lot of work. Many women in my family and my husbands family have BSL and longer hair and they either stay in the salon weekly (which I am not trying to start doing again..I used to be addicted to the salons too and have only now started doing things like rollersetting and even washing myself...at nearly 38!:blush:)--or they spend a lot of their free time on their hair. Of course, some are lucky too and no matter what they do or don't do their hair still looks great.

I don't want to be a slave for my hair and I like to live life and I just do not want my hair to be that much trouble. So BSL is it for me. I think that even if it grew longer I'd just kept it trimmed up to BSL length:yep:. Plus I can't imagine rolling anything longer...lol.

C

chica_canella

I'm the same as you OP. I can't see going longer than BSL because I know that it will require a lot of work. Many women in my family and my husbands family have BSL and longer hair and they either stay in the salon weekly (which I am not trying to start doing again..I used to be addicted to the salons too and have only now started doing things like rollersetting and even washing myself...at nearly 38!:blush:)--or they spend a lot of their free time on their hair. Of course, some are lucky too and no matter what they do or don't do their hair still looks great.

I don't want to be a slave for my hair and I like to live life and I just do not want my hair to be that much trouble. So BSL is it for me. I think that even if it grew longer I'd just kept it trimmed up to BSL length:yep:. Plus I can't imagine rolling anything longer...lol.

Oh, I didn't think about that, the roller setting for waist length hair. But there has got to be an easier way to curl waist length hair. I would probably go to the beauty school to get it done for cheap.:yep:

Neroli

Oh, I didn't think about that, the roller setting for waist length hair. But there has got to be an easier way to curl waist length hair. I would probably go to the beauty school to get it done for cheap.:yep:

I'm 5 ft, very petite -- my hair is below bra strap and I haven't even attempted a rollerset in over a year cuz too much energy and time and no real need to rollerset or curl. Honestly, with my hair this long, I have no need to "style" it -- just keep clean and moisturized and let it hang loose in all its glory . . . :yep:

It's kinda weird, but the longer it gets, the less I have to do to it. My biggest chore is wash day and the loooooong air dry time, which seems to get longer and longer each week. I'mma a once a week wash (can't even THINK about daily washing with this stuff!) and I thinking of going 2 weeks now, out of pure laziness and fact that hair seems OK when I go beyond a week, working on that . . .

meaganita

I'm trying to reach WSL but I think that it will be too long for me and I will eventually cut long layers into MBL length.

For my lifestyle/career I'm trying to decide if MBL is too long. I keep hearing/reading that inthe corporate world a short haircut is deemed more professional - not sure if I buy that or if i'm willing to cut my hair at this point.
I've been thinking about this A LOT lately.:sad:
Even though I want WSL hair, it might be too long
for the corporate world. I supposed I could keep it bunned
up at work, which might be what I end up doing.

Plus, natural WSL hair might be a little too much for me,
and I don't want to relax or texturize. I'm thinking of just
growing it to WSL and once the front of my hair gets to a
certain length I cut it to a blunt or maybe layered MBL.
I haven't decided if WSL will be too long or not. I guess
I can decide once I get there.:grin: