Transition Over, I BC'd last night (pic heavy)

ceebee3

You did it!! I know you must feel free, congrats on the big chop!

Your natural hair looks so full and healthy. Can't wait to see more pics of your new styles. I love it.:grin:

Platinum

Thank you Ladies. I really appreciate the compliments. I've been feeling pretty confident today so I think I made a wise decision by BC'ing. The only regret that I have is that I wish I hadn't ended a previous transition by relaxing, I would have had a bigger fro by now. :afro: I sent a pic to my Mom and I was surprised, she likes it!:grin: I haven't told my best friend that I BC'd. I think we're going to run into each other on the road this weekend so I know he's going to be surprised. He's happy that I was transitioning but he was totally against the chop.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
YAYYYYYY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS PLAT!!!!!! I know you feel so much better just like I did. I'm so happy for you. You have a lot of New growth too!!
Welcome to the Natural Side!!:grin:

MummysGirl

:congrats: Platinum!!!

You have a lot of hair and it's so thick :lick:

You're so gonna love being natural... I'll join you in less than 4 months!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
How long did you transition? Your hair is gorgeous! I wish I transitioned longer, but I lacked the patience!:blush:

vkb247

I love it! Your hair looks so healthy and you look so happy with it. Great combination.

soulfusion

Plat your hair grew a LOT during your transition. You sounded so frustrated when you posted about making the decision about whether to let the relaxed ends go or not. You made the right choice. Your hair looks GOOD and you have a lot of it to work with. Very pretty and healthy looking.

Now you can have fun trying out new styling options w/o worrying about breakage between the two textures! Lookin good girl ...

Platinum

How long did you transition? Your hair is gorgeous! I wish I transitioned longer, but I lacked the patience!:blush:

Thank you! I transitioned for a year and a week.:look: I was planning to hold on until the 18 month mark but for the first time in the transition, my hair was unruly. I also noticed some breakage in a few areas so I chopped.

YOU AND YOUR HAIR ARE INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Thank you!

Congratulations! I love it!! :worship2::worship2:
Thank you!

Platinum

:congrats: Platinum!!!

You have a lot of hair and it's so thick :lick:

You're so gonna love being natural... I'll join you in less than 4 months!

I love it! Your hair looks so healthy and you look so happy with it. Great combination.

Plat your hair grew a LOT during your transition. You sounded so frustrated when you posted about making the decision about whether to let the relaxed ends go or not. You made the right choice. Your hair looks GOOD and you have a lot of it to work with. Very pretty and healthy looking.

Now you can have fun trying out new styling options w/o worrying about breakage between the two textures! Lookin good girl ...

Thank you Ladies! So far I like to wear my 'fro out with a headband. I keep an afro pick close because shrinkage is not the business.:nono: My 'fro went from :afro: to :hair: yesterday.:wallbash:

Angelicus

Girl I knew you were going to do it! Yay! Now we can have online Henna parties lol ! YEA!!!! I'm sure it's going to be really easy to maintain too when you're on the road.

naturalmanenyc

Congrats!!! You are ready for summer :)

Shrinkage is a beast but you can try flat twists or plaits/braids on damp hair to stretch it out.

Congratulations once again Platinum!!!

Your hair looks so beautiful and you look so happy to be 100% natural! I wonder what your truck driver friend is going to say when you see him again?

hopeful

Beautiful! You are encouraging me to bc. My last relaxer was June 2009, and I hope to bc in August, so I think I'll be at about your length. You and your hair are beautiful!

Platinum

Thank you all so much for the support and compliments. I wasn't able to see my friend this weekend but hopefully I'll have the opportunity to see him this week. I can't wait to see what kind of reaction I'm going to get from him. I believe he's going to like it. I spoke to two of my friends yesterday (both lady truckers) and when I told them I BC'd, I got comments like "Girl, I couldn't do it. I need my perms"....Uh...okay... Or "You better than me, I can't walk around with my hair all nappy":huh::angry2:

One of the girls has been a damaged neck length for as long as I've known her (about 7 years). The other has been a damaged ear length and is a slave to weaves. I'm not worred about what they say, my healthy natural hair will speak for itself.

beans4reezy

One of the girls has been a damaged neck length for as long as I've known her (about 7 years). The other has been a damaged ear length and is a slave to weaves. I'm not worred about what they say, my healthy natural hair will speak for itself.

You'll show 'em! :yep:

Aggie

Whoa:shocked:. This thread just surfaced just in time before I headed for bed tonight. Platinum, liberated mama! How do you feel darling? It must be freeing for you to rid yourself of damaged ends right? It's how I felt. You have lots of lovely length still left so let you and I get a growin':yep::grin:.

Platinum

Congratulations Platinum! Your hair is absolutely amazing ^_^

Thank you Briannaaa! I remember when you BC'd. You look great! As a matter of fact, I watched your BC video as well as StephElise's the night I decided to chop. :yep:

Whoa:shocked:. This thread just surfaced just in time before I headed for bed tonight. Platinum, liberated mama! How do you feel darling? It must be freeing for you to rid yourself of damaged ends right? It's how I felt. You have lots of lovely length still left so let you and I get a growin':yep::grin:.

Thank you Aggie! I feel great! I love the feel of my kinks and coils!:yep: I wish I wouldn't have ended my previous transition by relaxing. I would have a bigger fro now. I think I should have chopped those damaged ends a long time ago. I can't wait to try more styles as a natural head. Your hair is beautiful as well and you have awesome growth. Keep up the good work, Sis. I can't wait to see our progress by the end of the year.:grin:

Last edited: