Question Unauthorized Cancellation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Ok I got this email as well today... but don't panic! This happened to me in 2009 and when I contacted Beverly, this was what she said to me:

Thank you for contacting me and I apologize for the inconvenience. What happened is that you had one of the older subscriptions, and unfortunately all of the subscriptions created prior to 2008 have not been updating the accounts properly. Therefore, I had to cancel your subscription. All this means is if you decide to renew, you will need to set up a new subscription at the end of your current term. Please don't do this now or you will overpay. You should have full access now. If you need anything further, please let me know.

Seems like it's a similar situation.

Nice Lady

I just checked my email too and I got this email that my subscription was cancelled too. I hope they explain why this is happening. Are they no longer doing Paypal or is it a scam?

adalexandria

Thanks for creating this thread, ladies. I too received the paypal email and was (still am) very confused. Hopefully everything will be sorted out as soon as possible.

Evolving78

Ok I got this email as well today... but don't panic! This happened to me in 2009 and when I contacted Beverly, this was what she said to me:

Seems like it's a similar situation.

but i have been here longer than you and i have never had this happened before.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I received this e-mail as well and submitted. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. :)

ilah

Grrr, this sucks. I got the email too, like...just now. I'm super confused. My card information hasn't changed......I'm weired out but promise to to freak out....yet.

Kimiche

Glad I'm not the only one who received this.

I thought I was banned for some unknown reason until I saw it was from Paypal! :lol:

Girl I was over here wondering what the heck I did wrong. I don't get into arguments and stuff, so my brain was working trying to figure this out. Glad I'm not the only one.

Lila25

I just got the message about five min ago and decided to check my LHCF account and saw that it was still active. Mine gives this person as a contact person below. I don't trust this, it sounds like they want you to respond by emailing them. Don't do it. Don't open any attachments if anyone has one in their email. You could wind up with a virus on your computer. Notice how they spelled "FOrum." this misspelling tells me that LHCF or pay pal may have been hacked for customer information.. Somebody on LHCF needs to respond to this.

"If you have any questions about this subscription, please contact Long Hair Care FOrum."
"Business Name: *Long Hair Care FOrum
Contact Email: *[email protected]
Contact Phone: *

Sincerely,
PayPal"

angie3g

I emailed the contact email listed, and got this response:

Hi

Thank you for contacting me. I am in the process of canceling everyone's subscription. The automatic subscription feature doesn't work 100% of the time, because it doesn't update some of the accounts after the payment is processed, and we don't have any idea of how to fix it. So from now on at the end of your current subscription term you will have to manually resubscribe by clicking the link on our website. Please do not resubscribe before the end of your current term or you will overpay your account. We now have the options for you to pay by using google checkout or paypal. I hope that helps.

Beverly, LHCF Admin

Hope this helps!!!

jbwphoto1

It seems like everyone on the board has it under control for now, so I'll just keep checking here for updates. Also, I did get my new PayPal debit card in the mail today as I saw someone else mention.

ETA: Just checked and saw my two year subscription didn't start until April 2011.

Last edited:

nappyeditor

Hi

Thank you for contacting me. I am in the process of canceling everyone's subscription. The automatic subscription feature doesn't work 100% of the time, because it doesn't update some of the accounts after the payment is processed, and we don't have any idea of how to fix it. So from now on at the end of your current subscription term you will have to manually resubscribe by clicking the link on our website. Please do not resubscribe before the end of your current term or you will overpay your account. We now have the options for you to pay by using google checkout or paypal. I hope that helps.

Beverly, LHCF Admin

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for this update!

Keen

Hi

Beverly, LHCF Admin

Hope this helps!!!

OK.... but I don't know when my subscription runs out...

RayRayFurious

OK.... but I don't know when my subscription runs out...

Go to your profile by clicking on your highlighted name at the top of the page. Then click "User CP." There's an option on the left hand side that says "Paid Subscriptions." Click that. It tells your start and end date at the top of that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.