VO5 Conditioners!

Bublin

I've found out that the UK version of all these fruity flavours is called Alberto Balsam.

For any ladies in the UK they're sold in Superdrug and 99p shop.

Today I bought....
Coconut &Lychee
Juicy Green Apple
Anti Oxidant Blueberry
Mandarin & Papaya
Intensive Conditioning Treatment - Honey & Almond Extracts
I also saw Strawberries and Cream but the label said it contained soy which my hair doesn't like.

Superdrug sell their own version and bought...
Raspberry & Macadamia Nut
Cherry & Fig

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
GREEN APPLE?!?! *faints*

Fine 4s

I've used all of them and I don't have any preference.
I prefer washing with watery (and cheap) condishes over creamier ones.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Yes. Seems my hair prefers watery too! Wonder if having fine hair had anything to do with it.

Gotta go to cvs for Easter supplies...gonna stock up while IM there...hoping there's some green apple...

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
No green apple :(

The warehouse CVS has an abysmall supply. However, I did get a Passionfruit Smoothie, another Clarifying condish, and another Raspberry.

Uhh... I think my stash is now around 8 bottles :look: However, I go through them fast with my DD's almost WL hair and my NL hair soaks it up... uh... yeah...

Heading to Walmart today...wonder what their stock looks like :look:

#blamethisthread

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I cant believe this!!!!

I went to the BSS and found a blackberry and tea flavor! But why....why...when they rung it up it costs $1.99??! I sure did tell her to put that away that I didn't want it cuz I could get it at CVS for .89. She just :rolleyes:. Whatever crazy Korean lady.

They are ripping people off! Sad, too, cuz I havent seen that flavor anywhere!

Bublin

I tried the blueberry and it has no slip at all and it wasn't very moisturising. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

adalexandria

Because of this thread, I tried the blue anti-breakage conditioner. It is wonderful! :love: So much slip, and I feel like my hair stayed better moisturized today (I co-wash daily). Passion Fruit Smoothie was my fave, but I think it has officially been replaced. I found it in a bodega (I'm in NYC)

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Welcome adalexandria! For some reason, the moisture in the V05s are so long lasting. It doesn't make sense being so cheap...it's like the 8th Wonder of the World :lachen:

:lick: that passion fruit--i JUST tried it this week. Amazing stuff and great scent...however, I think the strawberries and cream is just a teeeeeeny more moisturizing but not enough to replace it. Nope. My nose loves it so it's a keeper.

adalexandria

Thanks DarkJoy! I love V05s. Co-washing makes me go through a ton of conditioner, so I'm happy I found something that moisturizes really well and is cheap on top of that! The Strawberries and Cream is definitely :lick:, but I do love the Passion Fruit just a bit more. I usually alternate between those two...I think I get just a drop more slip with Passion Fruit? lol.

I've also started using Island Coconut. It's pretty good so far! I (surprisingly) didn't like Shea Cashmere. It made my hair feel harder. Free Me Freesia disappointed me, too.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Wake up V05ers! Just seeing how you're doing and if you tried any new flavors :lick:

The air here gets very dry at times and I've found a balance by V05ing 2 to 3x a week. Funny thing is I can not use the strawberries and cream as much as I like it. It's TOO moisturizing. My hair is just too porous. I can probably get away with it once every 2 weeks. Otherwise, I get tipped into moisture overload.

So, I'm working on keeping moisture-protein balance and the Raspberries seems to be working for cowashes. It has panthenol and a little soy protein I think and it keeps away the mush hair. Love it! I do end up using a stronger protein treatment now on regular wash or henna days.

Any other updates?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
curious about that coconut adalexandria it sounds delicious! Is it a moisture milk or is it from the balancing line? Or even the tea line? lol. So many lines!

mshoneyfly

WOW!! I didn't realize there were so many different ones! I have:

Xtra Body (my favorite! My hair loves collagen) just got 4 bottles
Herbal escapes clarifying (kiwi lime)
Herbal escapes moisturizing (freesia)
Moisture milks (passion fruit smoothie) my DDs favorite, just got 2 bottles

Xtra body works really well for me. I have been using henna, amla and sukesh powder a lot lately. I use vo5 to wash out the mixture.

The kiwi lime has collagen too.I will give it a try soon

I will be visiting CVS ASAP tomorrow!! Just can't have enough of this stuff.

These are the only ones I've been able to find :(
I went to three different CVS stores one day last month (not that many in Chicago) and about three Osco stores.

I wanna try some different ones. Where else are you guys finding them?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I went to three different CVS stores one day last month (not that many in Chicago) and about three Osco stores.

Ain't never seen that xtra body one. :( I wanna try it.

I find them also at all major grocery.chains, drug stores and even some dollar stores! Don't forget.the bss. They have them too.

adalexandria

curious about that coconut @adalexandria it sounds delicious! Is it a moisture milk or is it from the balancing line? Or even the tea line? lol. So many lines!

DarkJoy, yesss, it's good. I attached a pic! It is from the "Silky Experiences" line. I'm not sure if it has more protein than the other ones, but it always feels like it (a bit heavier, makes my hair feel stronger, etc). I was finding it pretty easily it at my local Dollar Store, but sadly they haven't had it for the past month. :cry: I started using the blue Anti-breakage one instead, which i LOVE now. So ridiculously moisturizing!! But I need to try that Raspberries one you mentioned, too....hmmm....so many lines, so little time! :lol:

Attachments

• v05.jpg
    v05.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 57

mshoneyfly

Update:
Went to Dollar Tree. Found the Herbal Escapes pomegranate & grapeseed strengthening one. This one had 10% more free too!! It smells really good and I don't see any protein listed in the ingredients

Cant wait to try it. If its good now I know where to find plenty more.

Anybody used this one before??

ETA: i finally tried this one today at 13 weeks post. My hair came out soft, fluffy and completely detangled. I only had a small amount of shed hairs and no breaks. This one is a lot thicker than some of the others. It is not runny at all. Im going back to the $Tree tomorrow to rack up on this and Xtra Body

It is now one of my staples!!

Here is a better pic

image-3553520652.jpg

Attachments

• image-2215279125.jpg
    image-2215279125.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

AKA-Tude

VO5 is my go-to in the summer for W-N-Gs!!!

Love the tea & the xtra body lines-

always available.

SunRai Naturals

Ok I'm late to the party. I just tried the Tea therapy line the other day and OMG...I love it!I didn't think anything could top Moisture Milks but the Tea therapy line is right up there with it. So far I've co-washed with the Calming Chamomile Tea condish and the Blackberry Sage tea condish. They are both moisturizing, give a lot of slip, and really feel good on the scalp. They both smell really good too.

I tried the herbal escapes and silky experiences line and they were good but I didn't like them as much as the Moisture milks for my hair. I guess that's what stopped me from trying the tea therapy line.

SunRai Naturals

Has anyone tried the Vo5 salon series line? I bought the moisturizing conditioner but I haven't used it fully yet. I put some on my ends as a leave-in just to see how my hair would respond and I was impressed that my ends stayed moist. It is VERY thick.

GreenBloodyShoe

I have used passion fruit smoothie, Shea cashmere and Blackberry & Sage Revitalizing Conditioner. I use them as leave in conditioners though. I no longer use rinse out or deep conditioner but in my opinion, I don't think it would work as a deep conditioner. The hair can really only absorb water, certain oils and Hydrolyzed proteins. Excess ingredients in conditioner just serve to coat and smooth the surface of the hair. Shampoo has a slight negative charge which causes the hair cuticles to slightly raise causing it to feel rough and tangled. V05 conditioners serve to smooth it back down like any rinse out conditioner but will not repair your hair. These are mostly good for leave in conditioners, co washing and rinse out conditioners. If you want a deep conditioner, it is best to go out and buy a product labeled as a deep conditioner.

Lilmama1011

I love the clarifying kiwi conditioner, it makes my hair so soft and detangled. I did a relaxer two weeks ago and the neutralizing shampoo made my hair like a brillo pad and felt slightly tangled and i use Jane Carter shampoo and it brought it back to normal feeling hair but that V05 TRANSFORMED IT! My hair instantly got sooo soft and silky and i was able to run my fingers thought EASILY! I'm thinking of using that before each deep conditioning sessions or after and its the newer formula

mshoneyfly

I love the clarifying kiwi conditioner, it makes my hair so soft and detangled. I did a relaxer two weeks ago and the neutralizing shampoo made my hair like a brillo pad and felt slightly tangled and i use Jane Carter shampoo and it brought it back to normal feeling hair but that V05 TRANSFORMED IT! My hair instantly got sooo soft and silky and i was able to run my fingers thought EASILY! I'm thinking of using that before each deep conditioning sessions or after and its the newer formula

I have this at home but haven't tried yet. I see it has hydrolyzed collagen and my hair likes that. Will be trying soon.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Still using the Kiwi for my mid-week cowash. Ran out a cpl weeks ago though so been using something else until that runs out too. For my 2min condish after the kiwi, still using the balancing line.

Will have to check out this salong line that @SunRai Naturals mentioned! Haven't seen it in the stores here at all and I'm always lookin!

Welcome to the V05 love thread Lilmama1011 and @mshoneyfly! :lol: If you don't like one there's so many to try and at less than $1, PJing in this case is soooo not a big deal!

Beamodel

I have the silky experience island coconut moisturizing conditioner. I'm going to cowash with it tonight!

LovelyMiracle

The V05 Extra Body Voluminizing conditioner is the ONLY cheapie conditioner that defines my cottony coily 4a/b hair. It's the first thing I searched for when I decided to grow out my hair from a ultra short boy cut a few months ago.

Lilmama1011

I'm going to pick me up some strawberries and cream, I keep hearing great things and i saw it at the super market for 79 cents, don't know if they have that particular one but I'm also looking to try the tea one, I don't know why assume all their conditioners are going to work for my hair

EnExitStageLeft

V05 is the best EVER! Collagen, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Protein. If you want to thicken your hair cowashing with v05 is where its at!