VO5 Conditioners!

Lilmama1011

Might try the volume one as well, if I use the volume one and deep condition after applying with my conditioner of choice will that mess up the voluming effect or it doesn't really add volume?

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
The strawberry one will change your cowash life Lilmama1011. Matter of fact.im just about out so need more. The other flavors from that moisturizing line are not as good. The cashmere one does not impress.

Will have to snap one up from the volume line as well this week.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
The V05 Extra Body Voluminizing conditioner is the ONLY cheapie conditioner that defines my cottony coily 4a/b hair. It's the first thing I searched for when I decided to grow out my hair from a ultra short boy cut a few months ago.

Gonna have to buy one! Hope it's in my area. I've got fine cottony 4b too. This sounds promising.

Any particular flavor work better for you?

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
I've tried a lot of conditioners, cheap and expensive, but Vo5 has remained a staple from the beginning of my HHJ. I love them as leave-ins too because they don't have cones and they don't dry my hair out.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bought some yesterday and the label says improved scent or something. I smelt it and yea...the Strawberries smell more like kids' bubble gum. It's REALLY loud. I co-washed DD's hair with it and it wasn't exactly the same and the sticky sweet scent stayed on her hair :nono: Not the same silky softness as usual...IDK. Havent tried it on me yet.

Havent done a label comparison either. Maybe I'm paranoid... :(

Lilmama1011

Bought some yesterday and the label says improved scent or something. I smelt it and yea...the Strawberries smell more like kids' bubble gum. It's REALLY loud. I co-washed DD's hair with it and it wasn't exactly the same and the sticky sweet scent stayed on her hair :nono: Not the same silky softness as usual...IDK. Havent tried it on me yet.

I have the one that says improved, but it doesn't smell like you said

Lilmama1011

I hope it its still moisturizing :(, now I'm scared it might make it dry or something even though I deep condition after. I think cvs has the old formula, I looked online DarkJoy

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
It smells sticky sweet to me Lilmama1011. But everyone's smell tolerance is way different.

As for CVS, that's where I got mine and its the new improved on.

Matter of fact, I use the clarifying kiwi one to 'wash' with. It's "improved too". I still have some of the old one so will compare the ingredients tomorrow.

EnExitStageLeft

I bought like 40 bottles of the old formula because I knew they had reformulated. I can't afford to lose the best cheapie rinsing condish I've ever used. LAWD WHY?!*insert ugly cry face here* :cry3:

Lilmama1011

I was looking up yesterday was clarifying conditioners suppose to clarify because the new formula clarifying conditioner makes my hair so soft and they said yeah it does clarify and shouldn't be used daily, even though I don't wash my hair daily if I did I would probably use it daily :look: and someone stated on a review it made their hair really dry, I guess it does depend on your hair. Majority of conditioners for my hair is meh, now all of a sudden it seems like I'm starting to find things that work for me. I hope the new formula strawberries and cream works for my hair:)

Lilmama1011

The straw berries and creams was fine. Definitely after washing my hair it made it soft with the couple of seconds i left it on, but I think the clarifying kiwi might be a tad bit moisturizing, but I could work with the strawberries and cream though

mshoneyfly

I tried the Ocean Refresh one I found at Walmart. It gave me nice moisture and tamed my NG better than a DC.

bluevalentine

I love vo5conditioners been using em for years my fave is passion fruit smoothie. But I am going to go purchase some of these other flavors u ladies r raving About. I don't know what's in it but it works better than some of the more expensive conditioners in my stash.

Lilmama1011

I love vo5conditioners been using em for years my fave is passion fruit smoothie. But I am going to go purchase some of these other flavors u ladies r raving About. I don't know what's in it but it works better than some of the more expensive conditioners in my stash.

So true, I don't have a favorite pricey conditioner, only 5 dollar ones or less

Duchess007

I have loved VO5 since I started using these as my cowash for henna about two years ago. I was shocked when I started seeing them at the grocery store for 49 cents (used to buy at the dollar store). I might have gone overboard... :look:

As of today, I have at least ten each of the following in my closet:

Passion Fruit Smoothie
Kiwi Lime Squeeze
Strawberries & Cream
Free Me Freesia

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lilmama1011

I have loved VO5 since I started using these as my cowash for henna about two years ago. I was shocked when I started seeing them at the grocery store for 49 cents (used to buy at the dollar store). I might have gone overboard... :look:

As of today, I have at least ten each of the following in my closet:

Passion Fruit Smoothie
Kiwi Lime Squeeze
Strawberries & Cream
Free Me Freesia

Old formulas or new formulas ? Duchess007

Lilmama1011

It smells sticky sweet to me Lilmama1011. But everyone's smell tolerance is way different.

As for CVS, that's where I got mine and its the new improved on.

Matter of fact, I use the clarifying kiwi one to 'wash' with. It's "improved too". I still have some of the old one so will compare the ingredients tomorrow.

DarkJoy now I see what you mean. I had the opportunity to smell the old formula of the strawberries and cream and the new formula does smell artificial. The old one smelled way better. I should of never even responded if I didn't know what the old formula smelled like :rollseyes: This particular supermarket had the most fragrances I ever saw, I saw champagne kisses, I usually see the purple shampoo but I saw the conditioner for the first time, I saw coconut, and ocean breeze, kinds i never knew existed. I can't wait to try to them!

Lilmama1011

Does the V05 Clarifying Conditioner really clarify your hair?

I looked it up and it actually does. But to me it is so moisturizing. Some people say the kiwi conditioner dried their hair out. I would use it over the shampoos. I forgot I had a clarifying conditioner and went out and brought ors aloe shampoo and mad because now I don't want it and forgot i was using v05 clarifying conditioner and my roots get tangled but I don't have the receipt and i would of hand to exchange instead of getting my money back from the bss lexmarie

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Oooo Lilmama1011!! You got all them flavors near you?! I'm jealous !
As for the scent, yea you made me think I was losing my mind before! :lachen: Yes, it is definately more chemical smell. I compared the ingredients and they are exactly the same, though.

@Lexsmarie it does clarify if you dont heavy seal or use grease. I use both and if I was heavy handed, it doesnt work. However, I do a full Ayurvedic wash once a week.

Duchess007

I am on a mission to stock up my VO5 inventory. My hubby and I have been going from store to store buying up everything that's 70 cents or less. :-D I'll update this post when we're done and let you know what we found.

image-2475564881.jpg

ETA a list of items... this will last me a year!

Freesia x8
Kiwi x22
Strawberry x22
Passion fruit x8
Shea x18
Coconut x5
Green tea x26
Blackberry x23
Extra body x12
Ocean Breeze x2

NOTE: Although we didn't buy at this price, just about every one of these was available for $1.10 at CVS or at Dollar Tree (for $1).

image-1041561874.jpg

Last edited: