VO5 Conditioners!

Lilmama1011

Oooo Lilmama1011!! You got all them flavors near you?! I'm jealous !
As for the scent, yea you made me think I was losing my mind before! :lachen: Yes, it is definately more chemical smell. I compared the ingredients and they are exactly the same, though.

@Lexsmarie it does clarify if you dont heavy seal or use grease. I use both and if I was heavy handed, it doesnt work. However, I do a full Ayurvedic wash once a week.

That's weird that its the same. They did say improved fragrance, so maybe the fragrance is the only thing that's different DarkJoy

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
My DD nailed it tonight Lilmama1011! She didnt recognize the smell when I put it on her hair. I told her it was the strawberries one. She said it smells "yucky" then said "I know! They put more cream smell in it."

She's right! THere's less strawberry smell and more of a sweet cream scent now.

Boom! There it is.

Lilmama1011

My DD nailed it tonight Lilmama1011! She didnt recognize the smell when I put it on her hair. I told her it was the strawberries one. She said it smells "yucky" then said "I know! They put more cream smell in it."

She's right! THere's less strawberry smell and more of a sweet cream scent now.

Boom! There it is.

Ooooooo, that's what it is DarkJoy. I like the way the old one smells better. It makes me want that candy called creamcicles DarkJoy

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
We all do Lilmama1011. She dont like the creamy smell either. The old strawberry smell is better. Oh well. Works the same at least. I wanna find the coconut one now, though. You gone send me out on a treasure hunt soon. :lol:

Lilmama1011

We all do Lilmama1011. She dont like the creamy smell either. The old strawberry smell is better. Oh well. Works the same at least. I wanna find the coconut one now, though. You gone send me out on a treasure hunt soon. :lol:

I didn't even know they had a coconut until I saw it yesterday, I want the tea one though but I don't want to overstock cabinets. I want to wait until I have one conditioner and just the two V05 left DarkJoy

mshoneyfly

I am on a mission to stock up my VO5 inventory. My hubby and I have been going from store to store buying up everything that's 70 cents or less. :-D I'll update this post when we're done and let you know what we found.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ETA a list of items... this will last me a year!

Freesia x8
Kiwi x22
Strawberry x22
Passion fruit x8
Shea x18
Coconut x5
Green tea x26
Blackberry x23
Extra body x12
Ocean Breeze x2

NOTE: Although we didn't buy at this price, just about every one of these was available for $1.10 at CVS or at Dollar Tree (for $1).

OMG!!! Duchess007
Wow, x26 green tea and x23 blackberry??? Thats the way to power shop!! You and DH are like partners in crime :lol:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Duchess!!! whoa. You should be set for the next 5 years. Lol!

Duchess007

I know. LOL. He's an enabler. It's my birthday so we had like a $75 shopping spree.

Duchess007

Dang you loaded up big time! 146?!

I wish I took a pic of the cart. People were looking at us with ??? in their eyes.

I go thru 2-3 a week and also make my leave in and moisturizing spray out of these, but it will still take me forever to use them all.

SunRai Naturals

Duchess007---That has to go down for the record books girl! I was looking at your pictures drooling.lol. Now I want to go stock up on some more especially if I can find some of the old Strawberries and Cream formula.

I hear y'all about the scents!
I stopped using the Vo5 professional line conditioner because the smell was overpowering and artificial. I like the way it closes my cuticle but the smell-ugghh!! I may put some strong essential oils in it to mask it so that it won't be sitting in my stash forever.

Lilmama1011

Is anybody deep conditioning with any of these V05 conditioners? Because I was just telling SO about the boat load of conditioners Duchess007 has and I was like I wonder has anyone deep conditioned with it. Personally I haven't tried it and the only way I would is if that's the only conditioner I have left in the house, other than that I will deep condition with a thick conditioner always

mshoneyfly

I found a new VO5 Id never seen before. If its good I will go back to Family $$ and stock up!!

Split Ends Anti-Breakage with panthenol

I got two so far just in case I don't like it. But I doubt it...it has gelatin/keratin amino acids/lysine. My hair should :love: this. It smells good and could double as a good hand lotion.

lilmama
I have never DC with VO5 but Ive been meaning to try it mixed with one of my clay or ayurvedic powders. I might do that soon.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Lilmama1011

I found a new VO5 Id never seen before. If its good I will go back to Family $$ and stock up!!

Split Ends Anti-Breakage with panthenol

I got two so far just in case I don't like it. But I doubt it...it has gelatin/keratin amino acids/lysine. My hair should :love: this. It smells good and could double as a good hand lotion.

lilmama
I have never DC with VO5 but Ive been meaning to try it mixed with one of my clay or ayurvedic powders. I might do that soon.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I saw the split end anti breakage one as well, is it like a light pink or maybe I got it mixed up mshoneyfly but I definetly saw it as well

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Love that hair Duchess007! It's so nice and moisturized too! I bet V05 can take some of the credit. :D

For those curious about DC, I've got some experience:

Me=Highly porous fine highly textured strands. Strawberries 'KINDA' works for me as a DC. Esp if I'm cowashing more than 2x a week my hair is really moisturized

DD=normal to low porosity silky strands. That's a negative. It's a great cowash and 2 min condish for her but does nothing much beyond that.

SO I guess it depends on your hair type.

Oh and as for clay and whatnot, I've used the clarifying one with betonite clay to successfully wash out grease.

SunRai Naturals

Lilmama1011 -- I have never used them to deep condition. My HG is AOHSR. I feel like VO5 is too thin to DC for my hair. I like using thick conditioners for my DC. I've never actually tried it though so I could be missing out. I feel like I would have to add some oils and stuff to it for a DC.

Duchess007

Thanks, DarkJoy!

Went through two bottles this week and just cowashed with blackberry sage for the first time today. I haven't yet come across a VO5 I didn't like. :-D

Pardon the white streaks, my hair is soaking wet with leave-in.

image-3534282814.jpg

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Its soooooooooo moist lookin Duchess007!!

I might have to try a tea flavor, since ya'll seem to like them. I've been stuck on the strawberries, kiwi, and raspberries. My hair loves the little bit of protein in the raspberry flavor :lick:

Duchess007

Its soooooooooo moist lookin Duchess007!!

I might have to try a tea flavor, since ya'll seem to like them. I've been stuck on the strawberries, kiwi, and raspberries. My hair loves the little bit of protein in the raspberry flavor :lick:

I'm going to have to try the raspberry next! I was stuck on the kiwi forEVER before I tried something new.