Waist Length 2014

Angelbean

So I lightly misted my ends with water/aloe juice and applied a thick creamy leave in to my ends and a lot of safflower oil to the length of my hair and it feels great! I like this combo!

Britt

I could be a straight hair natural as long as somebody else does all the work and just let me maintain at home. I can't commit to flat ironing my own hair.

I hear you! I don't like flat ironing my own hair. Takes time and the results are not like stylist results. I plan to treat myself to a professional flat iron every so often. Maybe abt 1x/month. In between that I'll get rollersets fr the Dominicans and do textured styles at home.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

thaidreams

I'd like to join in this challenge. I'm natural and only straighten my hair twice a year for trims. I just cut four inches off my hair after seeing a lot of ragged ends. At this point if say I have 5 inches to go before I can comfortably claim WL. Going to try to reach this by hiding my hair under weaves till summer and then doing wash and go's for the remainder of the year.

image-593813489.jpg

ImanAdero

Starting photo for 2014! I'm ready to make this happen! I'm going to try to do protective styling for the first 3 months of the year. I might change my mind, but I'm definitely doing some twists (either marley or kanekelon) for January.

Photo so you can see my widening waist lol.

Attachments

• image-1410196688.jpg
    image-1410196688.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3646633588.jpg
    image-3646633588.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 87

EnExitStageLeft

Current Length (BlowOut) as of December 2013: Full BSL

I attached it just in case your weren't able to see it.

Attachments

• Blowout December23rd2013.jpg
    Blowout December23rd2013.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:

tiajonay

Ultimate Goal: BSL in a braid out
Regimen: I shampoo and deep condition my hair every two weeks and wear some sort of stretched style. I style my hair again about one week after I wash it such as a braid out or some other stretched style. At that time I spray my hair with water, add a moisturizer and seal my hair with shea butter again.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 4 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: I will try to drink 1.5 liters or more of water, take multi vitamins daily, finger detangle in between washes and do oil rinses in 2014.
Issues or difficulties you're having: SSKs

Starting Pic attached

Attachments

• length check end of 2013.jpg
    length check end of 2013.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

ronie

Ultimate Goal: BSL in a braid out Regimen: I shampoo and deep condition my hair every two weeks and wear some sort of stretched style. I style my hair again about one week after I wash it such as a braid out or some other stretched style. At that time I spray my hair with water, add a moisturizer and seal my hair with shea butter again. How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 4 inches Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural Tips/Tricks: I will try to drink 1.5 liters or more of water, take multi vitamins daily, finger detangle in between washes and do oil rinses in 2014. Issues or difficulties you're having: SSKs Starting Pic attached
I didn't know you were a member here. I love your tubule videos. Your hair is gorgeous.

ronie

Pics of my flat iron. It came out well. I could never be a straight hair natural...too time consuming and I like to use my products during my moisturize/seal routine. ETA: EnExitStageLeft I used the H2Pro :yep: Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4
Girl you know we are hair twins, except for some minor differences. So I need some tips on how you got your hair to lay that way. My last flat iron wasn't a total fail, but I had to bump ends, and it still wasn't that straight. I want to flat iron tomorrow. TIA
Froreal3

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Girl you know we are hair twins, except for some minor differences. So I need some tips on how you got your hair to lay that way. My last flat iron wasn't a total fail, but I had to bump ends, and it still wasn't that straight. I want to flat iron tomorrow. TIA
Froreal3

ronie I used WestNDNbeauty's way of over night prepooing/dcing under my Hair Therapy Wrap prior to shampooing to get a ton of moisture in my hair first. Then I shampooed and did a 10 minute DC. I only used a spray leave in with Aphogee Green Tea underneath to moisturize. I added a super tiny amount of Keravada oil to seal that in. I let it airdry to about 75% before spraying the Tresemme Heat Tamer on it and tension blowdrying. Right before flat ironing, I added a little IC Fantasia Heat serum underneath Nairobi Creme press.

I think the combination of the prepooing to thoroughly moisturize and the pressing creme to weigh my strands down helped it get really sleek. Actually to tell you the truth. I did a few sections without the Nairobi cream and it still came out the same. But I continued with the creme for good measure. :look: It came out bone straight in only one pass of 370 degrees. The phone pics couldn't really capture how straight it really was. I didn't even need to use the comb chase method.

The straightness lasted only two days because I went out in the humidity/rain. I'm sure it would have lasted longer had it not been for the weather. It hasn't fully reverted yet. It just looks nicely stretched with a lot of texture. I like this look better than the bone straight.

ETA: Here are two of her vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjZQQIGelg (older)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v87c73y2dOk Newer

ETA: Check out this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=431336

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Ultimate Goal: BSL in a braid out
Regimen: [FONT=&quot]I shampoo and deep condition my hair every two weeks and wear some sort of stretched style. [/FONT]I style my hair again about one week after I wash it such as a braid out or some other stretched style. At that time I spray my hair with water, add a moisturizer and seal my hair with shea butter again.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 4 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: I will try to drink 1.5 liters or more of water, take multi vitamins daily, finger detangle in between washes and do oil rinses in 2014.
Issues or difficulties you're having: SSKs

Starting Pic attached
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Your siggie is a big fat BAZINGA. :lick::lick:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
ronie I used WestNDNbeauty's way of over night prepooing/dcing under my Hair Therapy Wrap prior to shampooing to get a ton of moisture in my hair first. Then I shampooed and did a 10 minute DC. I only used a spray leave in with Aphogee Green Tea underneath to moisturize. I added a super tiny amount of Keravada oil to seal that in. I let it airdry to about 75% before spraying the Tresemme Heat Tamer on it and tension blowdrying. Right before flat ironing, I added a little IC Fantasia Heat serum underneath Nairobi Creme press.

I think the combination of the prepooing to thoroughly moisturize and the pressing creme to weigh my strands down helped it get really sleek. Actually to tell you the truth. I did a few sections without the Nairobi cream and it still came out the same. But I continued with the creme for good measure. :look: It came out bone straight in only one pass of 370 degrees. The phone pics couldn't really capture how straight it really was. I didn't even need to use the comb chase method.

The straightness lasted only two days because I went out in the humidity/rain. I'm sure it would have lasted longer had it not been for the weather. It hasn't fully reverted yet. It just looks nicely stretched with a lot of texture. I like this look better than the bone straight.

ETA: Here are two of her vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjZQQIGelg (older)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v87c73y2dOk Newer

ETA: Check out this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=431336

Taking Notes! :drunk:

Sprinkl3s

I think my hair is stuck. I feel like I've been at this length for so long now. My hair should have been at my waist by now. I want to do a good trim but that will set me back

Naturelie

Quick update to say I leave this challenge cause I made WL (really didn't think I could: I was in the WL2013 challenge): Photo0205.jpg
Sure you'll make it in 2014 beautiful ladies!!
Happy HHJ!!!

beauti

starting pics for the challenge. Hoping to make waist length again by this time next year.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3547.jpg
    IMG_3547.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2282.jpg
    IMG_2282.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 114

Naturelie

Congrats @Naturelie and beautiful hair. Reggie please?

Thanks @Froreal3! My regimen is quite simple:
I'm a 4A girl with really fine strands so I try not to touch my hair too often.

I exclusively finger detangle when I plan to wash my hair.
After detangling, I install my hair in 8 big loose braids then pre-poo with cocout milk and honey. After that I shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo. I DC then let the braids air dry. Once my hair is dry (or a litte bit wet if I have to go to work the next day) then make twists I'll take down the other day to do my "twist outed bun".
Every other day I'll moisturize my hair using the LOC method then re-bun. And that's it. I plan to enjoy my hair a lot more when I'll reach my final hair goal of CL (hope I'll be able to make it).

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Thanks Froreal3! My regimen is quite simple:
I'm a 4A girl with really fine strands so I try not to touch my hair too often.

I exclusively finger detangle when I plan to wash my hair.
After detangling, I install my hair in 8 big loose braids then pre-poo with cocout milk and honey. After that I shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo. I let the braids air dry then make twists I'll take down the other day to do my "twist outed bun".
Every other day I'll moisturize my hair using the LOC method then re-bun. And that's it. I plan to enjoy my hair a lot more when I'll reach my final hair goal of CL (hope I'll be able to make it).

Thanks! How often do you wash your hair or manipulate it? Weekly? Do you trim or dust? If so, how often?

Naturelie

Thanks! How often do you wash your hair or manipulate it? Weekly? Do you trim or dust? If so, how often?

Froreal3, I detangle my hair once or twice a month and don't have a trimming schedule. I trim when I feel it's necessary (my two last trimming sessions were in january 2012 - the begining of my HHJ - and june 2013) but I regularly search and destroy.

FollicleFanatic

Shampoo'd with cheapie garlic poo, protein dc'd, now moisture dc-ing w/bonnet dryer attachment. While in the shower I noticed much more hanging down my back than before. Feeling positive about reaching my goals this year, hoping the same to all of you as well!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Thinking about installing some braids for this Crown & Glory Challenge. In order for me to make WL this year...or graze it...I need to retain every inch that I grow. I think I can do this with the braids. I'm also considering my own hair, but my own hair gets really frizzy and might not last in a long term protective style.