Waist Length 2014

TeeBee

Straight hair life for the next two weeks..I hope. I really want to put in some highlights tho. I need a change. I just don't want to cause a setback for myself.. I'd like to think my hair is in really good condition right now. Will color (blonde..no bleach) throw a wrench in my plans/goals??

image-3233456625.jpg

koolkittychick

Straight hair life for the next two weeks..I hope. I really want to put in some highlights tho. I need a change. I just don't want to cause a setback for myself.. I'd like to think my hair is in really good condition right now. Will color (blonde..no bleach) throw a wrench in my plans/goals??

View attachment 237403
Before you do it, you might want to head on over to Taren Guy's YouTube channel and watch her latest video on this very topic.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
The beast has been unleashed. lol Was gonna wait and take my senegalese twists out this upcoming weekend butttttttt as I looked in the mirror and kept folding my nose at how raggedy they were looking I just knew it was time for them to go

After they were all out, I got all the shed hair out with the assistance of oil. Now I have SD Avocado conditioner in for an overnight conditioning session. I focused the bulk of the conditioner on my ends. Sometime tomorrow I will wash and roller set.

Forgive the huge flash...it's dark and late and I's tired boss.

Looks like your hair thrived in those twists lulu97!

I was going around the forum posting pics in relaxer threads and changing my info and I forgot to update here!! My bad :blush:.

So, I woke up Saturday (yesterday), walked to the BSS when it stopped raining, and slapped the creamy crack on!! :lol: It came out really underprocessed, so I pulled the ultimate no-no. At midnight I rolled out of bed, pulled out the second relaxer I had bought, and relaxed again. Take 2 came out how I wanted it to. I have a good bit of texture left and my hair's still thick! I played around with some airdrying methods, and ended up putting in 8 flexirods later on. I loved how it came out, and this will be part of my new routine. I'm also hopefully getting these crazy ends cut tomorrow, and I'll probably be around SL :look:, so I'll be dropping into the WL 2015 challenge.

Right after relaxer 2
View attachment 237389

View attachment 237391

Came out nice with texture! Good luck on your relaxed journey!ckisland

I have been ignoring my head since just before Thanksgiving and I really need to get it together. :-/

Did a henna treatment this weekend and am (still) at line 6 on my LC shirt. I'm considering wearing a wig for the rest of the winter. Was going to braid but I fear for my edges.

View attachment 237393

View attachment 237395

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Duchess007 I can't get enough of your texture. Love it. I have been hair lazy this week too. I've been dealing with this car issue (dh got into a fender bender that totaled my car) and I was not feeling well yesterday...so hair got put on the back burner.

View attachment 237403

TeeBee That came out really nice! What was your process? What will you do to maintain for the next two weeks?

TeeBee

Froreal3 gracias Hun!! Instead of blow drying, I opted for a flexi set to stretch my hair before flat ironing. My personal best! This will be my first two week stretch. I'm hoping to wear it straight like this for the 1st week (wrapping at night) or loose bunning. 2nd week, I "style" it, using large Bantu knots or flexi rods for curl.

TeeBee

^^^What temp did you flat iron on and did you put in any leave ins? TeeBee?
You know what? Funny you ask bc The flat iron I have doesn't have temp settings. It's a H2Pro Nano..I just bought it too and didn't realize it. It didn't feel too hot..my guess is 400. If I had the option I would use 375-400 temp. I only used Tresemme Heat tamer spray as my "leave in" for the flexi set, and Organix Keratin oil to flat iron

Duchess007

Looks like your hair thrived in those twists lulu97!

Came out nice with texture! Good luck on your relaxed journey!ckisland

Duchess007 I can't get enough of your texture. Love it. I have been hair lazy this week too. I've been dealing with this car issue (dh got into a fender bender that totaled my car) and I was not feeling well yesterday...so hair got put on the back burner.

TeeBee That came out really nice! What was your process? What will you do to maintain for the next two weeks?

! I am so sorry to hear about you car! :hug2: I hope DH is okay.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^^Thanks Duchess007 DH was fine...shaken up but ok. The guy made a left into my car as DH was going straight with a green light. Dude doesn't want to admit fault. :angry2: I did love my Pontiac G6, but it was time for an upgrade. Only thing I'm mad about is that now I have a note. The Pontiac was purchased w/cash. :ohwell: I am lucky that they valued it at higher than I thought it would be, so I used that cash for a down payment for my new car.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Deep conditioned overnight with SD Avocado Pudding
Washed and conditioned with CD Monoi combo
Sectioned hair in 4
Used CD Monoi Anti Breakage Spray as a leave in and one pump of CD Macadamia serum on each section before roller setting

I have learned that liquid leave in's lead to lighter and bouncier sets. It cuts drying time down as well. I have since moisturized with CD Hair balm, finger combed the curls out and put them in 3 big bantu knots until tomorrow.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

View attachment 237403

Highlights are fun! I have them and love them. I would suggest getting them done professionally and no more then once or twice a year. I could see you killing some reddish, chestnut, or honey blondish tones.

Last edited:

TeeBee

Highlights are fun! I have them and love them. I would suggest getting them done professionally and no more then once or twice a year. I could see you killing some reddish, chestnut, or honey blondish tones.
lulu97 your hair ma'am?? *swoons*!! Gorgeous! And your color is fabulous. Very subtle but noticeable and compliments you quite well. THAT'S what I want! Thank you for your suggestions, I will most definitely be taking your advice :D May I ask how long you've had your highlights??

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
TeeBee Thanks Lady! I've had highlights off and on for maybe 5 years now. I get them touched up every summer at the salon. I only do it once a year because I like the ombre look they give as they are growing out. When my hair was fully relaxed, I did experience breakage which is why I decided to grow out my relaxer 2 years ago...but it's been smooth sailing since then. I make sure to use products with hydrolyzed keratin ever so often and use the Aphoghee 2 step treatment as needed.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Very nice set as always lulu97!

As for me...I just moisturized and sealed my twists. They are thanking me now. Very soft. I will take them out and wear a twist out for my company's holiday party on Friday. Then I will do a good DC since it will have been two weeks by Sunday.

Duchess007

^^^Thanks Duchess007 DH was fine...shaken up but ok. The guy made a left into my car as DH was going straight with a green light. Dude doesn't want to admit fault. :angry2: I did love my Pontiac G6, but it was time for an upgrade. Only thing I'm mad about is that now I have a note. The Pontiac was purchased w/cash. :ohwell: I am lucky that they valued it at higher than I thought it would be, so I used that cash for a down payment for my new car.

Yup. I'm riding in a 2003 Hyundai for that exact reason. Glad you're up and running again tho. The days without a car will have you questioning your whole existence. :-/

growbaby

Just gave myself the last touch up of the year on Friday.. couldn't wait any longer. hair feels really nice, i'm gonna post pics when i straighten for Christmas.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
The result of putting in 3 bantu knots to maintain my roller set from yesterday. I didnt use any product except Hicks for my edges. I normally wear my hair down for 2 days then a ponytail or bun for a few days. Then I'll do a braid out and repeat the cycle..wear down 2 days then ponytail or bun until it's time to re wash.

Last edited:

growbaby

I am not my ends! Just cut about 2inches of very thin ends leaving me full BSL n no longer MBL. I love how it looks but can't for the life of me be truly excited bc it was something I did (or didn't do) to allow them to get so bad.

Any idea or experiences that causes the ends to thin as such? Please let me know what I'm doing wrong that I can change for the new year.

image-3469078893.jpg

image-2868749130.jpg

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Were your thin ends damaged or just thinned out? If just thin, then the cut was more a cosmetic thing right? So that's a small victory, I think!

What are your thoughts on Lead Hair Theory? I'm experimenting with this frame of mind, especially since I mostly wear my hair curly and up. I figure, I'll even up my hair a bit once I reach my major milestones but not before.

Also, do you S&D? Once I stopped giving myself blunt trims, I noticed a bit more unevenness with my hair. S&D tends to create healthy but uneven ends.

And finally, my own end weakness was improper (read: not enough extra) M&S, but once I went extra extra with sealants, either heavier sealants (castor oil, shea butter etc) or double application of lighter sealants, that seemed to clear up my tangles, knots, and breakage.

ETA: It kinda looks like your hair was growing in a U shape to me. Are you opposed to U cuts? Maybe next time you can get away with cutting less?

HTH! :)

I am not my ends! Just cut about 2inches of very thin ends leaving me full BSL n no longer MBL. I love how it looks but can't for the life of me be truly excited bc it was something I did (or didn't do) to allow them to get so bad. Any idea or experiences that causes the ends to thin as such? Please let me know what I'm doing wrong that I can change for the new year.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Starting photo to the right after doing an impromptu length check. I am def MBL. I love yall ladies cause baaaaby these pregnant boobies are way to big for this old bra. I just wanted to compare for myself the amount I've grown since the pic to the left...which is kinda bad to use to compare because my hair was pressed straight and the new pic today is a roller set with puffy roots but oh wells. Come on waist 2014!

Last edited:

growbaby

Were your thin ends damaged or just thinned out? If just thin, then the cut was more a cosmetic thing right? So that's a small victory, I think!

What are your thoughts on Lead Hair Theory? I'm experimenting with this frame of mind, especially since I mostly wear my hair curly and up. I figure, I'll even up my hair a bit once I reach my major milestones but not before.

Also, do you S&D? Once I stopped giving myself blunt trims, I noticed a bit more unevenness with my hair. S&D tends to create healthy but uneven ends.

And finally, my own end weakness was improper (read: not enough extra) M&S, but once I went extra extra with sealants, either heavier sealants (castor oil, shea butter etc) or double application of lighter sealants, that seemed to clear up my tangles, knots, and breakage.

ETA: It kinda looks like your hair was growing in a U shape to me. Are you opposed to U cuts? Maybe next time you can get away with cutting less?

HTH! :)

There were split ends about 1/4th of an inch in some places. It was both aesthetics and damage I believe. I neither bunk or believe in the lead hair theory I don't think there's enough proof on either side of the augment to dismiss one completely. I stopped S&D last year maybe I should start that up again? I really think its the lack of moisturizing and sealing.. I wasn't doing it everyday for awhile in October and I think my ends suffered. I'm not against a U shape I just like pretty even ends.

Thanks so much for ur input :)

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
Here is my year end update. I will straighten and trim again in March.

image-166972023.jpg

image-1326758728.jpg

Posted from my shower...while peeing...with the LHCF App

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I am not my ends! Just cut about 2inches of very thin ends leaving me full BSL n no longer MBL. I love how it looks but can't for the life of me be truly excited bc it was something I did (or didn't do) to allow them to get so bad. Any idea or experiences that causes the ends to thin as such? Please let me know what I'm doing wrong that I can change for the new year.

Nice hemline!

cheerrette

Here is my starting pic. I made it to BSL!! So I think I need 6 inches to WL. Must. Retain. Every. Inch.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 81

jesusislove1526

Re: Waist lenght 2014

I won't be straightening my hair until the end of December, but I will do a light blowout this weekend to post my starting pics with that. I will be wearing small twists with braided roots for this month.

I decided not to do the blowout before twisting, but it is now the end of December, and I will be doing my 3rd annual straightening this week, so I will post my starting pictures then. I took out my twists between Friday and Saturday of last week. Sitting with cholesterol cream in my hair as I type this.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Trini_Chutney Nice. You're pretty much there and will be one of our early graduates come Spring.

As for me...checking in about to do this overnight prepoo with EVCO/EVOO on the length and Keravada Fenugreek on my scalp. I started taking Priteva last week, so hopefully I get a boost by my birthday in March.

ImanAdero

Trini_Chutney Nice. You're pretty much there and will be one of our early graduates come Spring. As for me...checking in about to do this overnight prepoo with EVCO/EVOO on the length and Keravada Fenugreek on my scalp. I started taking Priteva last week, so hopefully I get a boost by my birthday in March.

Froreal3, can you tell me if there are any changes to your skin while taking Priteva? I'm interested in hair vitamins, but I don't want to mess up my skin.