Weekly Deep Conditioning Challenge 07

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I was made aware in a recent post that I am extremely naughty and not deep condition like I should be :lol: . Maybe I'm just too lazy.....

In any case I need moisture. I need silky strands. I need conditioning. I NEED TO START DEEP CONDITIONING!

I promise to deep condition and heres the kicker *under the hardhat dryer* once a week for 30 minutes. I will do this every week for 3 months. I will take and post a picture during the first week of January and then another exactly 3 months from that point to see the progress.

Any other slackers out there with me? I know everyone out there can't possibly be deep conditioning like they should :look:

If there is another deep conditioning challenge for 07 please point me in the direction of that thread as I don't mean to start a new challenge. I know about boot camp but I'm not ready for that LOL.

mrsbookworm

I just recently joined LHCF and learned that I should be deep conditioning weekly (among many other things that I've learned I should be doing). I could join you in the challenge if I could be excused from using the hardhat dryer for 30 min. each week. Is that a must for the challenge? I am just so lazy AND I'm pregnant so I spend a lot of time sleeping.

myco

mrsbookworm said:
I just recently joined LHCF and learned that I should be deep conditioning weekly (among many other things that I've learned I should be doing). I could join you in the challenge if I could be excused from using the hardhat dryer for 30 min. each week. Is that a must for the challenge? I am just so lazy AND I'm pregnant so I spend a lot of time sleeping.

I deep condition weekly and 9 times out of 10 I only use body heat because I don't feel like setting up the dryer or being hot. I just cover my head with a plastic bag and wrap my head in a towel. I have one of those turbie twist things that works really well. Maybe you can do that while you're getting your rest. When you wake up, you should be good to go. Congrats on the baby!

wheezy807

So why not join the 2007 LHCF Bootcamp Challenge Session 1 Ladies? It's only 120 days (4 months).

locabouthair

im in. i havent been deep condioning like I shoud have because I was busy with school and I'm reall paying or it now. my damaged sides have gotten worse ad my hair seems to be getting thinner. i hought i could get away with a condioner wah but my hair laughed when I did that.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm specifically not joining that challenge because it is too complex for me. I'm not looking to drastically change what I'm doing as it is difficult for me to even do simple things :)
wheezy807 said:
So why not join the 2007 LHCF Bootcamp Challenge Session 1 Ladies? It's only 120 days (4 months).

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I use the ORS Olive Oil Replinishing Pack. It works wonders on my hair, er, that is when i deep condition :spank:
Ms.Allyse said:
I want to join!! ANY DEEP CONDITIONERS THAT ARE REALLY GOOD THAT can be suggested to me??

healthyhair2

Count me in too. This will encourage me to give my dry as the desert hair some much needed care! I'm hoping this will help me in the growth department too.

Mortons

So ladies...how is everyone doing on the challenge? I just bought Dark and Lovely's hair Cholestorol Deep Conditioner with Shea butter, it smells great, and I'm going to use it tomorrow. How are you all doing and what deep conditioners have you decided to use?

dreysonsmommy2011

i'm definitely in this challenge. It's funny cuz I was just thinking that I was going to do the very samething(deep condition every week) yesterday;)

ravenmerlita

Count me in for this challenge too. I started deep conditioning weekly in December and it really does make a difference. I did an Aphogee treatment today then followed with the Prive Intensive Hair Mask under a heat cap for 30 minutes.

I plan to alternate hot oil treatments, creamy deep conditioners and protein treatments for the weekly deep conditioning.

cutiebe2

Glamourous said:
Count me in! What are some of the deep conditioners that you ladies use?
ElastQP DPR-11...aparently it can be a little hard to find (I had no trouble but others did) but it works wonders and is a really good price (good size jar for $5)

CAPlush

I'm in this challenge! I have been deep conditioning every 3-4 days recently and I think I can keep this up for a while. I only sit under the dryer for 15 min max though, does it have to be 30min? I use ORS Replenish, Motions CPR, or Aveda DR Treatment.

HERicane10

I'm in! Started DC 2x per week for 20 min. with heat this month. Trying to catch up with Babygurl ain't gone be easy....but I'ma give it all I got for the year!:lol:

PEACHEY

I AM A NEWBIE HERE. I THINK THIS WILL BE A VERY GOOD CHALLENGE TO JOIN AS A GOOD WAY TO START MY HAIR CARE JOURNEY. ON YESTERDAY I DID AN APHOGEE TX. AFTERWARDS I DID A DC WITH QP DCR 11 AND A QUICK RINSE WITH POROCITY CONTROL (LOVE THIS). THIS THREE PART TX WAS POSTED BY A MEMBER AS A GOOD PROTEIN AND MOISTURIZER TX. AND I TELL YOU, MY HAIR LOOKS AND FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I THEN FOLLOWED THE ROLLER SET TECHNIQUE POSTED BY MACHERIEAMOUR. I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MY SET TURNED OUT. EVEN MY FIANCE CAME HOME THINKING I WENT TO THE SALON. NOW HE IS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY I HAVE BEEN PAYING OTHERS TO DO MY HAIR. ALL IN ALL I THINK THE DC MADE THE DIFFERENCE AND SET THE STAGE FOR MY PERFECT ROLLERSET.

IM IN

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I had to tweak the challenge a bit (for me anyway). I now deep condition by putting my hair in two low ponytails, slathering on a mix of olive oil and my milk/honey suave (YES, a cheapie!!) and leaving it on my hair 12 hours. This has worked wonders on my hair...seriously, wonders! I have almost eliminated my course ends, and this is with blowdrying then flatironing! This type of conditioning is now a staple that will be done everyweek.

brownsugarflyygirl

*Bre~Bre* said:
I'm specifically not joining that challenge because it is too complex for me. I'm not looking to drastically change what I'm doing as it is difficult for me to even do simple things :)

Wheezy...Thanks for the plug :grin:

Haha...Bre...some days its too complicated for me and I created it :lol: In the beginning, I had to refer back to the original thread....now what did I say you could and couldnt do?

But to clarify LHCF Bootcamp actually calls for deep conditioning with every shampoo...so it depends on how often you use shampoo. My schedule only allows me to do my hair every other week, so my DC is actually twice a month.

This challenge sounds great though Bre...if I had more time I would join.

Best wishes ladies!

Brownie518

I have been lurking for months and just started posting. I have been doing the weekly DCs since December. I use DPR-11, Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing, Silicon Mix, or CPR. I will usually blend one of these with some oil (garlic, amla, EVOO), put on plastic cap, and get under the hood with a good book. It has done wonders for my overall hair health, but especially my scalp and my nape. I am going to keep this up indefinitely.

God's Anointed

I'm definitely in. I try to wash twice a week but usually it's just once a week. My main deep conditioning day will be on Saturdays cause that's when i have the most time. The other day when i wash my hair (tues or wed), i just do a quick 5 min conditioner with either lekair or MTN mask. This has been working for me so far since it's getting cold here so let's reap what we sow ladies. Good luck and HHG :D

WonderfullyMade

Can anyone please explain to me what PJ means? I have heard this term at least a dozen times and can't for the life of me figure it out!:confused: I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel slow when it is eventually explained but oh well then I'll know and knowing's half the battle. Also what exactly is ApHogee TX?? I know about the company ApHogee because I use their shampoo and leave in, but what product is the TX?

Healthb4Length

Flawdagator said:
Can anyone please explain to me what PJ means? I have heard this term at least a dozen times and can't for the life of me figure it out!:confused: I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel slow when it is eventually explained but oh well then I'll know and knowing's half the battle. Also what exactly is ApHogee TX?? I know about the company ApHogee because I use their shampoo and leave in, but what product is the TX?

One who is addicted to buying many products (mainly haircare). THe person may already have plenty (like a closet full of products:look: ) but still feels the need to constantly purchase excessive amount of products based on testimonials from other pushers aka junkies. The habit becomes so bad that one actually feins (sp), gets physically ill, obsessed with purchasing said product...this urge wears off once said junkie gets a quick "hit" i.e. "new product" This addiction is similiar to say, a crackhead starvin for a fix. Don't fall in the trap:look:

Aphogee is a hardcore protein treatment to be used in extreme cases of breakage/damage. It smells gross but it works, instructions for newbie product users must be followed to a "T" or the consequences won't be pretty.

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

Back on topic...I'd like to join this challenge but I have some concerns. I'm mainly on the weaveit/braid it challenges. I can't do real deep treatments or I'll have some matting issues, my question is it ok to join this if I only do deep treatments when I have my hair out of weaves/braids?

jrae

Can I join?

I have a question... what conditioner are you all using when you're DCing 2-3x per week??

Last edited: