What is 'good' hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEAUTYU2U

Aw... I didn't know about that.

I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back :yep: She had done something similar when she first debuted here. Claimed WL but didn't post pics for DAYS then it was fuzzy, camera phone pics from a distance (lol)

chicha

If you're going to keep crying how people have reacted to this unnecessary thread, you might as well ask it to be closed.

With all due respect, I see what someone is doing.

That person does not like the question posed, so they want to get the thread closed down.

Smh. (long sigh).

Need I remind, there are RULES AGAINST THIS.

31. Name calling, personal attacks, insulting or degrading comments of any kind, or disrespecting the opinions of others is NOT allowed. It is expected that members will not always agree on everything, but we expect our members to disagree RESPECTFULLY with each other.

33. Respect for every member's posts is not asked, but is a REQUIREMENT to remain a member of this forum.

All the fecesious comments against the OP is just not called for.

Last edited:

LadyRaider

looool i cant lie i thought it was hilarious :look:
If it was just one thread then it would have been unfair but if you insist on posting multiple threads pertaining to woe is me and my ''mixed'' hair/facial feature sorrows then um yeah:look::yawn:

sheena doesn't post firestarter threads so the way some people are acting seems kinda extra to ME

Whatever Sheena's intentions, she is handling herself fine. I think some of her defenders are unnecessary. That's just me. I am an old teacher. I have seen a thousand altercations start like this with the original spark sitting around looking innocent and everyone else bloodied and battered. I've done it myself. :yep: Can't kid a kidder.

Embyra

I thought the end of Adora Squared was that post where she "cut all of her hair" but never posted the pictures. :lol:

I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back :yep: She had done something similar when she first debuted here. Claimed WL but didn't post pics for DAYS then it was fuzzy, camera phone pics from a distance (lol)

she cut her hair when she texturised right? those pics were in her fotki....unless she cut her hair again:perplexed

chicha

LOL @ people saying they didn't know topics regarding "hair" was a serious deal for many BW. If not, why are you paying $6.50 a year for hair tips? Where did the whole "good hair mentality" come from? Why do so many refuse to go natural because they don't have a certain "grade" of hair?

To answer your question..

Because that is their right.

And no one else has the right to question them or make them feel less than because they haven't.

People who do offend posters and create a bullying atmosphere on a board.

And to my knowledge ALL hairs are celebrated, even the relaxed ones.

DejaVu2

Not everyone has the same definition for ''good'' hurrrr. For example in my family if you're type 3, and APL... you have 'normal' hair. In fact, I would be teased endlessly when my family would see my hair in it's ''puffy/Afro'' stage.

It's only when I came on hairboards did I find out type 3 hair is worshipped :lachen: To the point people will spend so much money on a gel that will promise to give them curls.

Gurllll if your hair doesnt form curls when it's wet...

just let it go.

ETA: To answer the OP, good huuurrr to my family is only wavy or straight hair.

Last edited:

Okay

Well my answer has pretty much been posted already.

Silky, soft hair that "bounces" and moves.. Shines withouth doing stuff to it, grows even with horrid diets and regular heat. Hair that you can cut into "styles" and bangs that lays flat.. etc.

MsLi@512

ANd it does not take a rocket science to understand the connotations of "good hair." I mean, obviously you heard it from somewhere.

Search youtube next time.

Gotta agree with ya SND411. We all know what constitutes good and bad hair definitions I don't give a flying kite where in the world we live and we are trying to get beyond that and see our hair as good enough without the labels, and then here we go with folk slappin the labels back on: 3 and 4a = good, 4b+ = bad. I don't care what back door you creep thru to broach the subject. It's still the same crap.
And most of the folk defending this post are 3's so they probably don't get it!
yeah I said it.
ignorance be gets ignorance.

Embyra

Whatever Sheena's intentions, she is handling herself fine. I think some of her defenders are unnecessary. That's just me. I am an old teacher. I have seen a thousand altercations start like this with the original spark sitting around looking innocent and everyone else bloodied and battered. I've done it myself. :yep: Can't kid a kidder.

Im posting my opinion like everyone else i dont think of it as defending sheena as if she is some lil girl
Its clear she can handle herself my opinion is my opinion thats all

BEAUTYU2U

she cut her hair when she texturised right? those pics were in her fotki....unless she cut her hair again:perplexed

Yeah, but she didn't put them up "in time" so it got kinda wild. Her post made it seem like a significant amount of length but it wasn't ...

chicha

Sadly, I think someone has ran the poster away.

I thought that was prohibited on this board..?

Whether I agree or disagree with her she has the right to ask that question and most importantly because, she wasn't bothering or mistreating anyone.

If you're going to keep crying how people have reacted to this unnecessary thread, you might as well ask it to be closed.

You just said you were done with the thread, now you don't see a problem with it?

Funny how you are assuming because I have 4b hair that I must have self-esteem issues in regards to this thread.

Then bye, oh "good haired one" :worship2:

I think it's weird how you understood what "coolie" hair meant but not "good hair." I also find it interesting that it's usually people with a certain texture of hair that bring up these sort of topics...

@Sheena284, this whole thread is ridiculous. ..

TO MANY PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE HAIR BOARDS, good hair = healthy hair. Of course, you want the ignorant answers

@Sheena284

You wrote in regards to a user mentioning comments from a racist board:
?

She posted twice saying nearly the same thing. She was probably looking for another user to counter with "really? looking at your hair, I would say that's good hair." :rolleyes:

Cry me a river. How many times do you have to defend the OP? This is like your 10th post on here saying the same thing. Is she your cousin or something? Dang, I'm sure the OP can handle herself.

Last edited:

LadyRaider

Im posting my opinion like everyone else i dont think of it as defending sheena as if she is some lil girl
Its clear she can handle herself my opinion is my opinion thats all

I don't even remember thinking of you as one of her defenders. So it must have definitely just come across as just your opinion.

Some of the others though... make me picture some big girl or two (I'm a big girl, so no hate) busting in front of "poor little Sheena" taking on her "attacker" on a playground.

That's just my opinion though. Like you said.

Last edited:

Bublin

Sadly, I think someone has ran the poster away.

I thought that was prohibited on this board..?

Whether I agree or disagree with her she has the right to ask that question and most importantly, she wasn't bothering anyone.

chicha It's 2.45am here in London. OP probably gone to bed.

(

Embyra

I don't even remember thinking of as one of her defenders. So it must have definitely just come across as just your opinion.

Some of the others though... make me picture some big girl or two (I'm a big girl, so no hate) busting in front of "poor little Sheena" taking on her "attacker" on a playground.

That's just my opinion though. Like you said.

fair enough :yep:when you said defenders i did have a mental image of the same thing:lol:

Okay

This post right here proves to me that the term means absolutely nothing. There is a lot of variation in these pictures.

Are you serious? None of the people in those pics have type 4 hair. Dont act brand new.

Havent YOU ever heard the term about YOUR hair? I would think ALOT of black people would say you have that good good hurr

chicha

Yea. Theres someone on here who said they believe they are 4a and people say they have a certain hair texture.

I don't necessarily agree with them.

BUT I respect their (differing) opinion and importantly, the person wasn't dogging or bullying or mistreating anyone, so why would I not just agree to disagree and let it go?

Not everyone has the same definition for ''good'' hurrrr. For example in my family if you're type 3, and APL... you have 'normal' hair. In fact, I would be teased endlessly when my family would see my hair in it's ''puffy/Afro'' stage.

It's only when I came on hairboards did I find out type 3 hair is worshipped :lachen: To the point people will spend so much money on a gel that will promise to give them curls.

Gurllll if your hair doesnt form curls when it's wet...

just let it go.

ETA: To answer the OP, good huuurrr to my family is only wavy or straight hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.