Votes: 318 83.2%
  • waist length to tail bone

Votes: 41 10.7%
  • tail bine and beyond

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MzOptimistic

The closer I get to reaching my goals. The greedier I get. At first I said BS. Now I'm thinking MB:yep: I guess I have high expectations because being a member on here I know it's possible for our hair to reach that length:grin:

memee1978

The closer I get to reaching my goals. The greedier I get. At first I said BS. Now I'm thinking MB:yep: I guess I have high expectations because being a member on here I know it's possible for our hair to reach that length:grin:
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that length and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

prospurr4

Before I discovered hair boards, I saw anything past full shoulder length as long. But now, BSL and beyond is long to me.

anon123

IRL, collar bone or longer

In the world of LHCF, APL or longer.

you know, this is what it's slowly turning into for me, too. i have higher standards for members of this hair board. because it's all relative, right? i guess i look at what's comparatively long, and in the real world, collar bone may be comparatively long for black women, but it's not comparatively long for people on this board.

Jynkx

i was listening to a talk radio show last night and i was surprised to hear the host refer to some as having "long, blonde, shoulder length hair". we have had this discussion from our perspective many times. i was just taken aback that a white woman would consider shoulder length long hair. as we keep saying here long hair is relative to the person being asked. see its not just us.

memee1978

i was listening to a talk radio show last night and i was surprised to hear the host refer to some as having "long, blonde, shoulder length hair". we have had this discussion from our perspective many times. i was just taken aback that a white woman would consider shoulder length long hair. as we keep saying here long hair is relative to the person being asked. see its not just us.
thats something to think about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

myronnie

I'm gonna have to say waist-length on this one..
Now that my hair is almost Mid-back length and from reading another forum (LHC), I kinda have a whole different perspective.

I mean whenever i see brastrap I'm like ahh thats pretty but it's not really what i consider "long".
Once you get to waist I think you've entered the realm of the long-haired heads.

RedVelvet310

ive seen it happen on a lot of hair boards.everyone has their own way of thinking of hair length,and what is considered to be long and short.please,everyone,what is your definition of long,medium,short,or ultra short hair........no matter the length,healthy hair is happy hair.

I' consider *my* hair long when it's waist length... after lurking for so long and drooling over you LHCF girls' long head of hair seeing BSL IRL doesn't make me look twice anymore, I actually see it more often. It's *THICK HEALTHY* BEAUTIFUL WL that gets me.. on ANY race.

GoingNatural

I see APL on most people and think it's long. On me APL isn't long and BSL is starting not to look long.

So, I guess for me MBL would be long, but when i see others usually APL looks pretty long to me--not extremely long, but long.

N

NaturalBeauty87

When I had SL-CL ppl would say that I had "long" hair, but I always considered it to be medium length. APL is long to me and BSL and beyond are really long to me!:yep: I'm still hoping and praying for long hair!

jamaraa

If you can or just about sit on it, it's LONG.....but it all depends on the person you're asking about. Some it's APL and even SL or NL....it just depend on the person and their hair history.

sunshinne368

when you can roll it up and put it in your back pocket thats long to me. A friend of mine had knee length hair, and I've always wanted hair that long!

Sunshine0801

Before I went natural (4 years ago), I considered anything past SL to be long.

After I went natural, but before LHCF, I considered APL and longer to be long.

After I reached BSL, I considered MBL to be long.

Now, I consider WL hair to be long.

I wonder what I will think when I reach WL. :spinning:

Stacy TheLady

I voted BSl... thats my goal! I think APL is on its way to long hair but to me it is not really considered long hair. Thats just my opinion BTW

Thiends

For me, long hair is whatever is longer than I currently have. So, waist length or beyond.

When I describe others, long hair is anything bra strap length or beyond.