What is your preferred method of hair drying?

daviine

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1045023332daviine">

What's your favorite way to dry your hair?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />airdry
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />soft bonnet dryer
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />hooded dryer
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />blow dryer

daviine

I think I screwed this poll up. Let me try again. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1045025439daviine">

What's your favorite way to dry your hair?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />airdry
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />soft bonnet dryer
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />hooded dryer
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />blow dryer
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

sweetcocoa

I picked one, but I actually have 2. It depends on if I'm wearing my hair straight(I do a roller set and set under the soft bonnet dryer). If I'm wearing it natural or in a bun, I air dry.

Crysdon

Soft bonnet for me. I like this because I get to take a nap or lie down to watch television while my hair is drying.

Hooded dryer is too confining, blowdryer is too harsh for my already fragile hair and air drying makes my hair too poofy.

Nyambura

surfer girl
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sweetcocoa said:
I picked one, but I actually have 2. It depends on if I'm wearing my hair straight(I do a roller set and set under the soft bonnet dryer). If I'm wearing it natural or in a bun, I air dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Crysdon

OK, I take that back. I forgot that I do airdry in the summer when I wear my hair in a curly pom-pom.

Armyqt

Airdrying is what I do most because:

1) it is easy, requires no tools (yes, I'm lazy /images/graemlins/grin.gif)
2) I haven't quite perfected the rollerset (almost there though)

I must have to admit that when I do a halfway decent rollerset, my hair comes out really sleek. I'm not necessarily sure I like this because my hair is already fine. I'll figure this out one day. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

skegeesmb

I like to airdry when I wear my hair natural. When I wear my hair straight I like to use both a hard bonnet and a soft bonnet dryer. My hair doesn't dry evenly so I have to use both dryers to make sure my hair is dry everywhere.

G

When I wear my hair curly, airdrying is a must becaust the heat frizzes the curls. I airdry when I wear my hair straight too.

AZJeepgurl

I am soooooooooooooo low maintenance that Air-drying is the method of choice for me!

I don't even wanna put rollers in my hair. Throw some product in, slap it in a not-too-tight, but firm ponytail and call it a day! Hell, my arms are tired after massaging the shampoo into my hair. That is the extent of the work I wanna do!

Was that more than you asked, Daviine?LOL...sorry, girl! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Allandra

AZJeepgurl said:
I am soooooooooooooo low maintenance that air drying is the method of choice for me!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!

Robin41

Ditto on the low maintenance. Throw it up in a ponytail with some leave-in conditioner and oil and put on a D/S ponytail. It usually air dries overnight.

Integrity

i love airdrying! i even airdry with a rollerset! other methods like the blowdry just suck the moisture right out of my hair. with airdrying i can be sure only the excess moisture will evaporate out, with at least the minimum water my hair needs staying in to moisturised my hair till next wash. my ends are stronger now.

G

It really depends on how I want to wear my hair. Airdrying by far is the easiest! In the summer and spring, I can scrunch and airdry and my hair ends up in these really nice waves.
If I want my hair straight, I either blowdry until damp and let it airdry the rest of the way or I wet set, although I haven't wetset in quite some time.

LondonDiva

AZJeepgurl said:
I don't even wanna put rollers in my hair. Throw some product in, slap it in a not-too-tight, but firm ponytail and call it a day! Hell, my arms are tired after massaging the shampoo into my hair. That is the extent of the work I wanna do!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's excatly what I do AZ. I put loads of profectiv and activator in it put it in a ponytail and go to bed. In the morning it's dry except for the middle, but i take it down later on in the day to dry and slap some more activator and profectiv in it every day until wash day. It's working well for me so far.

Nikki

Daviine
I prefer the hooded dryer w/ a rollerset... Lots of bounce and body. although I get a little fidgity, it worth sitting still for a little while...and you are almost never confined to one style.... but most importantly I don't have the need to apply a curling/flat iron to my hair....

Nova

I love air-drying. The less I have to fool with my hair the better! I generally follow Carolyn Gray's regime for air drying. My 4B hair comes out straighter than if I blow-dryed my hair. My daughter has been trying to get me into roller sets. No way! I hate sitting under those darn dryers! For me, less is best.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I like the Carolyn Gray Pony Tail Method and the Allandra Bun-In-The-Shower Method /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

Supergirl said:
I like the Carolyn Gray Pony Tail Method and the Allandra Bun-In-The-Shower Method /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, you've got me over here LOL. I'm glad it's working for you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
I'm with the air-dryers. I love the way the moisture lingers for a bit longer, and my hair is shiny by the time it's dry.

beana3

rollersetting! when i air dry (unless in a braid out)my hair looks dull and hard..not an attractive look. I also blow dry, but i feel rollersetting is better, plus it kleave my hair shinier and smoother

honeycomb719

I've been air0drying using ponytail method, but on occasion I will use the blowdryer until 80% dry and then ponytail it. I've noticed that when I use the blow dry I get less shedding than I would if I let my hair airdry /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Has anyone else noticed this that airdrys? I'm going to start alternating between the two to minimize some of the shedding.

lala

Airdrying is by far the easiest. Although, I dry w/hooded dryer if I'm in a hurry.