What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
What the heck is in this stuff that makes my hair react so differently from any other gel I've tried?
I noticed immediately while applying that it felt different from any other product I've used. The texture of the gel seemed so smooth. Not even leave in conditioners leave my hair this soft and it holds better than even gels that leave my hair dry and crispy. I could probably flat iron my hair and it would still look good with this applied heavily as a leave in lol. I wouldn't dare think such a thing about any other gel.

It's a Mexican product, perhaps they know something about hair gel that we don't :lol:. I'm almost afraid to use it :look:.
Anyone else love this stuff?

Where ya'll been???? :lachen: I found this gel back in 2008 or so in a Dollar Tree. Fell in love. I used to empty the shelves!!! I would buy every color. Fast forward to today, and I am still able to find it in DT. But it doesn't seem the same now.

I don't know if they changed the ingredients/formula, but my hair doesn't respond the same. Back then, it was in my top 3 gels.

I'm not sure if I will buy it anymore after this.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Seriously? I had no idea. My jar is exactly like the pic posted above.

Has anyone made a custard with their wet line? It's too heavy for my wash n go's and my length so I'm thinking if I make a custard I'll still have hold but it'll be lighter.

I used to mix oils and EO's (mostly peppermint) in mine back then. Most recently I added EVOO, infusium 23 liquid leave-in, and peppermint oil to a jar of wetline gel.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Fast forward to today, and I am still able to find it in DT. But it doesn't seem the same now.

I don't know if they changed the ingredients/formula, but my hair doesn't respond the same. Back then, it was in my top 3 gels.

I'm not sure if I will buy it anymore after this.
S0meone mentioned the Dollar Tree stuff is not the real deal. Try Sally's, Walmart, or Target.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
S0meone mentioned the Dollar Tree stuff is not the real deal. Try Sally's, Walmart, or Target.

I saw those posts after I started reading all the responses. I wonder why they did that. A couple months ago I was looking at the jar to see if I could figure out what was going on. I had this nagging feeling that the jar and labelling looked counterfeit.

Those bastards! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Guess I'll have to just stick to buying the real stuff online. I don't see it anywhere else locally, not even at Sally's. I'll have to get the big tub though, because I used to run through those little 8-oz. jars.

@Chicoro is right though! You can get multiple day hair from using this because it sets your hair like nobody's business. All you have to do to refresh your curls is let some steam or water hit it. I would spritz with my spray bottle if I didn't want too much of the gel to be rinsed out in the shower and it worked wonderfully.

Someone else mentioned that they could only find the blue and green gels, but like I said earlier, back then, I used to get all three. The ingredients were the same so I guess the only difference between the colored gels and the clear gels were that they added coloring.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Man I just had to go to about 5 stores to find it. I finally found it in a Mexican grocery store (don't sleep on them, check there first if you have one or close to one in your neighborhood. Yay, no shipping!). I'm all about the Wetline Xtreme ministry. I just told a couple of people about it today, including a teacher at my son's school :lachen:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Man I just had to go to about 5 stores to find it. I finally found it in a Mexican grocery store (don't sleep on them, check there first if you have one or close to one in your neighborhood. Yay, no shipping!). I'm all about the Wetline Xtreme ministry. I just told a couple of people about it today, including a teacher at my son's school :lachen:

Don't be crying when you can't find no more because you told a 'couple of people'.:cry3: :giggle:

Supervixen

I finally found Wetline at target on the bottom shelf. Was I supposed to get the clear one or the blue one? I got the blue one.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
If I could use this in the winter and cold months Id be set but this only works in summer and spring time due to the high content of glycerin but it is still my boo.

You just explained why it's not working for me anymore, though it was fabulous in summer. I didn't notice glycerin in the ingredients or forgot. My hair only likes glycerin in the spring/summer. I can't use it in winter.

Honey Bee

I finally found Wetline at target on the bottom shelf. Was I supposed to get the clear one or the blue one? I got the blue one.
I have the blue one and the clear one. I think the only difference is that the blue is supposed to protect your hair from uv rays (to protect your color).

I finally have pics y'all! (I'm on a personal ps challenge until I get to where I wanna be.) @'ing people who might be interested but not checking the thread.

@BlackMasterPiece @AbsyBlvd @keyawarren @southerncitygirl @Chicoro :wave:

20170208_191431.jpg 20170208_191555.jpg

Lissa0821

I find it at Walmart, it makes a guest appearance on the bottom shelf every once it a while. It sells out quickly and it is not restocked regularly. I can also find it at Food Depot in Atlanta, well stocked at the times. I prefer to get it from Walmart because it is cheaper. I am about half way through my first tub but I will only feel better when I have a second tub nestled under it in my hair cabinet. :look::look:

Ivonnovi

Adding a little bit of water to your almost emptied container of WetLine Gel will give it NEW LIFE.:strong: It will be more liquefied but works just just about as well.

:trampoline: I'd been meaning to share this one for quite some time; depending on what look you're going for you can double/triple the life of a jar; if you think of the original consistency as a concentrate.

Gr8ness83

Man... I feel like I am the only one who cannot use this product. My hair did not like it. It left it crunchy. I got it from the BSS. That was a couple of years ago. Maybe bill try it again when I take these twists out.