What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

MilkChocolateOne

100% agreed.:amen:

My hair is different. People think my hair is 3A or whatever, (I hate hair typing), but my hair acts like 4a/b/c hair. My whole routine and techniques were created and developed because my hair responds to processes for more cottony, textured hair-which people tend to identify as " type 4 hair". With that stated, if I use Wetline on my straightened hair, it's over. :imsorry:

I would just hate for someone to go through all the work it takes to get and prepare and style the hair from a roller set, then dab this on and mess up all that work. :hot:

So, perhaps the middle ground suggestion would be to have people with straightened hair try this at the END of their hairstyle, when they are two weeks in or about to wash their hair. That way, IF the hair reverts, it doesn't impact your freshly done hair.

I'm the opposite. I have 4a hair and most of the techniques (lco/loc methods, cowashing) and products/ingredients (shea butter) that are supposed to be holy grail for type 4 hair doesn't work for me.

as for smoothing straightened edges I use products without water on dry hair after straightening and tie them down with a scarf. Castor oil, mhc type 4 hair cream, royal crown hair dressing or oyin sugar berries pomade. The secret to straight edges for me starts before I straighten. I smooth my edges with a soft brush and use a scarf and a little product to smooth them while my hair is still damp.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I'm the opposite. I have 4a hair and most of the techniques (lco/loc methods, cowashing) and products/ingredients (shea butter) that are supposed to be holy grail for type 4 hair doesn't work for me.

as for smoothing straightened edges I use products without water on dry hair after straightening and tie them down with a scarf. Castor oil, mhc type 4 hair cream, royal crown hair dressing or oyin sugar berries pomade. The secret to straight edges for me starts before I straighten. I smooth my edges with a soft brush and use a scarf and a little product to smooth them while my hair is still damp.

Yep, I do the same, but on my natural hair. On straightened hair, I use hair greases and/or oil with no water, and tie them with a scarf as well. This all goes to show that our processes are not exactly the same. BUT the components of our processes are similar. It's like taking each thing, dumping it in one box and pulling out the pieces to build one's personal regimen. The pieces from which to choose are finite, but the ways to combine and mix and match are infinite.

Woo! All this posting I am doing is wearing me out, in a good way.

Zaz

Update:
I tried it with a bun and success :grin:

A little background info. I used to use Eco Styler when I lived in NY but after moving to Haiti I could never get a sleek bun anymore using the green or clear Eco. Not sure if it's more humid or what the deal is but it just stopped working to lay my hair down even if I tied it down with a scarf.
Used Wetline and it worked same as Eco Styler used to, my hair was smooth and shiny and layed without needing a scarf :yep:

Now I need to go back to the store and buy like all the tubs :look:
This place is notorious for having something one day then suddenly discontinuing it for no reason :nono: :lol:

BlackMasterPiece

I'm inspired, I have a jar I bought months back that I have yet to use. Lately I've been jonesing for a defined WnG and I'm hoping this will deliver for me! Thanks for the pics ladies! I'm hoping this makes my 4b coils pop.

What do yall think is the best approach to achieving the best definition/hangtime? Shampooing, cowashing or clay washing first? What leave-in are you using? (if any)

The lazy part of me just wants to use my old trusty pantene or herbal essences co-wash, condition, rinse out my conditioner like 80% and just go to town with layering on this gel, but I want to maximize my hangtime and definition.

Zaz

I'm back, lol.
I managed to find a FB photo of my hair with an Eco bun vs the selfie I just took at my desk. Granted the first photo was after a hike but still:

Olive oil Eco styler bun

Wetline bun

My wash n go was nice but pretty much looked the same as any other gel. But I do like that the Wetline doesn't flake even when I play with my coils :yep:

SuchaLady

Today's bun :drunk:

image.jpeg
Y'all my hair wasnt even dry all the way in this pic but it's mostly laid :lachen: I washed this morning, applied some leave ins, lightly blow dried, gelled up the perimeter and tied it down. These were the results after about 45 minutes. Edges are still wet but it's smooth! devil:

Chicoro

Hair photos to me are like cookies to the Cookie Monster. I just can't get enough.

In the voice of Cookie Monster, each time I come in this thread I say, "FOE-TOES"!

I love all these hair pictures in here!

Attachments

• Cookie monster.jpg
    Cookie monster.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 150

BlackMasterPiece

Yall got me excited to take out these crochets! :lol:

@BlackMasterPiece I'd suggest clay.
Yep just realized thats a necessity, thanks, just tried it a few mins ago on my back section after a co-wash/DC and my hair refused to clump at all, I tried eco on the row above it just to see if there would be a difference and it was the same story. Clay will be my next wash:yep: might just do the whole MHM shebang while I'm at it.

p.s. I just took down some kinky straight crochets myself lol

Honey Bee

Yep just realized thats a necessity, thanks, just tried it a few mins ago on my back section after a co-wash/DC and my hair refused to clump at all, I tried eco on the row above it just to see if there would be a difference and it was the same story. Clay will be my next wash:yep: might just do the whole MHM shebang while I'm at it.

p.s. I just took down some kinky straight crochets myself lol
You should! I find that the process closes the cuticle enough to get rid of any misc frizz that might wanna mess up a curl.

Chicoro

Chicoro

I'm back, lol.
I managed to find a FB photo of my hair with an Eco bun vs the selfie I just took at my desk. Granted the first photo was after a hike but still:

Olive oil Eco styler bun

Wetline bun

My wash n go was nice but pretty much looked the same as any other gel. But I do like that the Wetline doesn't flake even when I play with my coils :yep:

@Zaz,
The shine, waves and the thickness!:love4:

OriginalBeauty

This has been in my Amazon cart since I read this thread yesterday. I'd like to use up the Fantantasia IC and Eco Argan I have before buying it. I know I won't, though.

Thanks for sharing @ShredsofDignity

Also, I agree that Mexican Magic would make a good username. :)

Rastafarai

Bruh.

What is this magic???

I am slicked to the gods this morning, and its GREAT for braid outs. I added it to dry hair and my curls are in place. It leaves a firm but soft hold. No flakes in sight. I haven't washed my hair going on three weeks and my hair is slickity slick.

Only downside is it needs time to dry this air drying (at least for my lo-po hair :)). I did it overnight and my hair was still a bit damp after sleeping on it for 10 hours. Otherwise, its definitely a keeper! Thank you @ShredsofDignity for the name drop!!

MizzBFly

I read this yesterday and bought it on my way home, and my hair is full of flakes today. I did use a mizani leave in underneath, and did not have a fresh wash n go, so there was product on my hair already. Im going to wash my hair tonight, but Im afraid to try it again before the weekend.
Don't be scurred..clean hair and leave in does matter. It's not the wetline though. oOh my goodness I tried it for my first wash n go and my hair is holding up extremely well since Monday ..this stuff rocks!:band:

Last edited:

lucy

Don't be scurred..clean hair and leave in does matter. It's not the wetline, oh my goodness I tried it for my first wash n go and my hair is holding yup extremely well since Monday ..this stuff rocks!:band:

Youve got my attention. Im trying it tomorrow night when i get home.

Rastafarai

Update: So a couple hours later and my hair has fully dried. This gel has the same effect of glycerin on my hair. My hair is super soft to the touch but bouncy with defined ringlets.

Dare I say this is better than KCCC and my staple Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue. I will need to purchase another tub of this stuff! Next time, I'll add some oil and see what it do.

MizzBFly

:needpics:

Let's see some hair pictures with this gel.
LOL...right! My avi has the first day wash-n-go results and attached is 4th day. I used Cantu shea butter curling blah blah...no oil to avoid frizzies. Hair is soft and moveable. At night I band in 3 to stretch. This WILL be my go to summer style along with puffs. No more twistsouts!:yahoo:

Attachments

• 20160630_115214.jpg
    20160630_115214.jpg
    962.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

MizzBFly

I got it yesterday and it smells so good. I will try it tonight. I am doing two French braids for the party tonigjt and am 50-11 weeks post.
It does smell great. The morning I did my wash-n-go, I walked down the hall of my office and a co-worker was like "you smell so good" I knew it was the globs of gel since I forgot to apply my body oil. 4 days later and the fragrance has faded:(