What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I just tried it. My hair is still wet. I still used my KCKT as my leave in then used this gel alone. I'm home tomorrow, so I'll share my thoughts once its fully dried.

ETA: I have the blue gel. I guess I will try the clear gel to see if there is a difference.

For me, there is a difference! I have tried the blue one, the one in the gray jar and the others they have. Nothing works like that clear stuff with the green top!

lucy

I read this yesterday and bought it on my way home, and my hair is full of flakes today. I did use a mizani leave in underneath, and did not have a fresh wash n go, so there was product on my hair already. Im going to wash my hair tonight, but Im afraid to try it again before the weekend.

Chicoro

I read this yesterday and bought it on my way home, and my hair is full of flakes today. I did use a mizani leave in underneath, and did not have a fresh wash n go, so there was product on my hair already. Im going to wash my hair tonight, but Im afraid to try it again before the weekend.

I got tons of oil in my head and my hair has the fuzzies. The gel's not laying my hair down now. That's usually an indication it's time for me to wash. So the gel has its limits. The hard part is trying to figure out those parameters with your current process and your hair. You're a pro so I'm sure you'll figure it out one way or another!

Aggie

For me, there is a difference! I have tried the blue one, the one in the gray jar and the others they have. Nothing works like that clear stuff with the green top!
@Chicoro
Can you expand on this please? I mean what is the effects of the others on your hair vs the clear. Do the others leave the hair harder, stiffer? I need more info please. Thanks in advance.

APrayer4Hair

Like we say here in the Bahamas "Well monkey foot!" that is very pretty @APrayer4Hair.

Did you air dry or did you use a hooded dryer to dry it once you were done? Also was your hair damp before application, or dry?

I air dried. Gel applied on wet hair fresh from the shower. This is it now, mostly dry except the roots:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 293

kellistarr

Seriously? I had no idea. My jar is exactly like the pic posted above.

Has anyone made a custard with their wet line? It's too heavy for my wash n go's and my length so I'm thinking if I make a custard I'll still have hold but it'll be lighter.

@SLiM pickinz The gel from dollar tree doesn't have the Pathenol or aloe Vera, but it worked great on my hair. It is lighter than the xtreme gel by wet line so maybe try it out.

Chicoro

@Chicoro
Can you expand on this please? I mean what is the effects of the others on your hair vs the clear. Do the others leave the hair harder, stiffer? I need more info please. Thanks in advance.

@Aggie,

The others just don't hold my hair. In fact, they are just "regula degula" gels. The clear one seems to be the formula my hair likes. The others have left my hair dull, coated or gummy. I don't like that. The only time the clear one refuses to work for me is if I put coconut oil, Shea butter mixes or heavy quantities of castor oil after my conditioner.

The gel works well with water based leave ins. It seems to lose its hold and great function when used in conjunction with heavy oils and butters. Right now my hair is over saturated with a castor oil mix. In addition to my ponytail, as @Lucie said up thread to use her phrasing, I got a whole Afro or 'halo' going on over my whole head. The fuzzies are on a rampage. So, it's not a gel fail it's just wash time!

Last edited:

Honey Bee

There's a full jar of KCCC in my hair cabinet that I should probably use soon-ish (does it go bad?), but I love this stuff too much. :nono: Dangit, I'm trynna support black businesses. Well, at least I layer with KCKT. *sigh*

I have pics but they suck and I can't take any right now cuz I'm in a ps.

GGsKin

There's a full jar of KCCC in my hair cabinet that I should probably use soon-ish (does it go bad?), but I love this stuff too much. :nono: Dangit, I'm trynna support black businesses. Well, at least I layer with KCKT. *sigh*

I have pics but they suck and I can't take any right now cuz I'm in a ps.

I had an old jar @Honey Bee. The colour changed (went a little cloudier/ more yellow) and maybe the consistency became a little thicker but it worked just fine for me. I never use it as is though- always diluted so I get no flakes.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
one thing I really like about the Wet line gel, is when it comes time to rinse it out, I have no problems. I hope they never stop making this gel because it truly is good to me.

I could make flax seed gel but I have to make it weekly. KCCC is great but not the price, even though I could get a week out of one application. For me, using great conditioning products and then , this gel allows me to wear my curls and save on gels.

dont get me wrong, I love supporting our black owned businesses but I refuse to pay boutique prices on the regular for gel when Xtreme wet line is cost affordable and gives my hair the hold I love

Last edited: