what was your starting length and what is it now?

pinkchocolatedaisy

Ladies, I have seen so many of your long hair photos. But I always wonder, what was "before"? Where did you start from to get where you are now? And how long did it take you?

audacity.

My starting length was SL
My current length is APL
My goal lenght is MBL

I am not sure how long it took me to get there as I don't do length checks very frequently, but I have been actively growing my hair for just about a year.

Traycee

Starting Length was ...About 2 inches pass APL
I'm passing brastrap now
I started in Nov...So it took me about 4 months to get to where I'am now

MariposaSexyGirl

When I first joined LHCF (minus the 5 dollar membership:look:)
I was APL.

Right now I would say really close to Mid back length if I'm not there already. Today I COwashed and I measured the longest part with my DH measuring tape and according to it I'm 2 inches from waist. But I'm going to wait until the 31st to see if I'm not just seeing things.

When I joined with my 5 dollars I was at the top of brastrap and it took me 9 months to get where I am now.

Last edited:

ilovezag

My hair was barely touching my shoulders when I started and now its down to my bra strap. That took 3 years. I want it to grow about 3 more inches so it can be to my waist, I'm guessing if it doesn't break off by this time next year it will be wear I want it. I am still in denial about how long it is.:yawn:

ladylibra

my starting length was 2 inches (i did a BC). my current length is 13 inches all around (meaning i have layers, the shortest is APL and the longest is BSL). although during my first year i did a lot of cutting... i think if i hadn't i would be closer to 18 inches. :look:

~~HoneyComb~~

My starting length was 1/4" of hair in Oct. 2002

In 2004 I had 7" of hair and cut it down to 3" all over with it tapered in the back.

Today, I have about 12"-14" of hair, BSL when straightened.

This is a good thread!

youwillrise

my starting length when i FIRST started to pay attention to my hair and joined LHCF and other hair related boards was about neck length...maybe a smidge longer. (summer 2004)

thennnnnn...

i returned to natural on november 2, 2005 and cut the relaxed ends off which left me with...i think 1 or 1.5 inches of hair...maybe 2?

on a whim i cut it again...or shall i say shaved it off...on april 1, 2006...nearly bald

now...i'm inching my way toward APL

so...it's been over 2 years since my original chop
and almost 2 years since my head shave (lol)

LunadeMiel

Starting length: Shoulder
Longest length: about 2 inches from the top of my brastrap (this took about 6 months)
current legth: 3-4 inches (I recently BCed)
Ultimate goal: waist length unstreched

MissMusic

Starting Lenth: Brushing Shoulder Length
Current Length: Midway between APL and BSL
How Long: A year, b4 that I wasn't actively trying to grow my hair, just trying to maintain healthy hair and learn to style.

aloof one

Before I paid my 5 dollars I was about an inch or two past collar bone (just about at APL) and had jacked up bangs. I was fully relaxed.

Today I am about an inch and a half from APL, a half inch past collarbone, and my bangs have almost caught up with my ends. Half my hair is texturized and half is bone straight relaxed.

So from May 2007 to right now, after several haircuts (at least 5), I am just about the same length, since Ive been hacking away so much :look:. But its all cool. I dont expect to let my hair get longer until all the fully relaxed ends go away. Its just such a hassle to want length and have crappy overprocessed ends, so I will just wait until the ends are gone...

MzOptimistic

I started out slightly, SL. I'm now BSB. It took me ummm... 1 year and 10 months:grin: My ultimate goal is Midback, anything after that is a bonus:yep:

Last edited:

newflowers

When I joined in February 2007, my hair was about 2-4 inches. Now, just over a year later, my longest layers are just barely touching my collar bone, and my bangs reach my bottom lip. This includes trims of about 2 inches total to get rid of the last of the dead ends.

Right now, I am working toward APL. When I get there, I'm going to stay awhile until the rest of my hair catches up, trim, and then start growing until eventually.

bbdgirl

I started at 2 inches past shoulder and now I am 2 inches from BSL.
I have been actively growing my hair for about 5 months. My ultimate goal is MBL. But if I get there and I am still suffering from Hair anorexia then I will grow onto WSL

MzOptimistic

When I joined in February 2007, my hair was about 2-4 inches. Now, just over a year later, my longest layers are just barely touching my collar bone, and my bangs reach my bottom lip. This includes trims of about 2 inches total to get rid of the last of the dead ends.

Right now, I am working toward APL. When I get there, I'm going to stay awhile until the rest of my hair catches up, trim, and then start growing until eventually.

Nooooooo, don't stay there. Your hair might don't grow even. Some ladies on here hair grows in a V. Once, you get to your hair goal then let the rest catch up:grin: ( you know you're still my little sista) so technically that's my hurr also:spinning::yep:

Extremus

Starting Length
*front*- chin length (due to dye breakage)
*back*- collar bone length/ an inch or so past SL

Current Length
*front*- SL length
*back*- an inch or so past APL

caribeandiva

Human being
Starting length (Feb. 2006): Ear length (Shoot neck length for me was a HUGE accomplishment).

Now: Grazing collar bone length/ full SL. After a couple of setbacks involving breakage in the back left side.

Ultimate goal: MBL. This will take a while since i'm 6ft tall.:perplexed

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
in January 07 I started with shoulder length hair, one year later I'm 1 inch above armpit, but also I was scissor happy in 07. I'm hoping to make bra strap by the end of the year on Dec 31, 2008 @ 11:59pm :grin:

wheezy807

Ladies, I have seen so many of your long hair photos. But I always wonder, what was "before"? Where did you start from to get where you are now? And how long did it take you?

I started at a little past SL and now i am a past APL on my way to BSL. It took me only seven months to reach APL. I've been a member since 2006 so my journey has been a yr and a half.

Last edited:

cmw45

I started at my BC...pic in siggy and I am currently probably and inch or so past SL...pic also in siggy.

LynnieB

pre-hair boards my relaxed hair was always around bsl.

06-07 i reached mbl during transition then bc'd in may, 07 to sl.
in the middle of feb, 08 i was touching the top of bsl.

goals for this year are for full bsl by the end of the summer, heading into mbl territory by the end of dec..

mbl natural hair is my goal length.

janeemat

Joined Aug 2006 at shoulder length. By December I had grown past shoulder length. Went to a crazy stylist the same month (Dec 2006) asking for a light dusting and she cut me back up to neck length. This pic is posted in my comparison under Jan 2007. Now, 14 months later I'm APL!

nakialovesshoes

I started n Aug of last yr when I did my BC (15 months post). I was neck length then. When I did my length check on New Year's Eve I was SL. Right now I need about 8 more inches 2 b BSL. My goal is 2 b full BSL/ a lil MBL by Sept 2009.

My ultimate goal changes from day 2 day. @ 1st I only wanted MBL/skimming WL. Now of course I want WL. But...if I achieve WL I know I'm going 2 wanna know if I can grow it 2 my hips. But hips will b the cutoff 4 me & once I achieve it & take the pics I'd probably trim back 2 WL & keep it there.

Last edited:

MissMasala5

Started with APL longest length with loose layers, jaw length in front.
Currently somewhere between APL & BSL, front at collar bone.
Goal length: Full BSL.