• Midback Length

Votes: 39 10.7%
  • Waist Length

Votes: 20 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmileyNY

In December, 2010, I was full APL.

When I flat ironed in the first week of September 2011, I was grazing MBL. Hopefully I'm full MBL by now.

Sent from my iPhone.

I have finally reached APL and I'm so happy about it :D

Before starting my HHJ in 2008, I'd always been around SL, and it was quite a hurdle to get past but I eventually made it :yep:

candy626

I am starting at BSL.

I have been bsl before but back in August I decided to start a HHJ after cutting my hair to armpit length.

Hoping to hit MBL and waist length this year

brg240

I'll be starting 2012 at wl almost fully natural, i am aiming for hl/tbl

and in 08 I was mbl, relaxed

Last edited:

BEAUTYU2U

In February 2009, I had abt an inch of TWA.

I'm starting 2012 with shoulder length hair. I want to end it with APL.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

I will be starting 2012 at mbl. I will be full wl by September 2012.

I hope to be grazing hl by December 2012.

When I started lurking on lhcf, I was between ear and neck length in 2008.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

LynnieB

What hair length are you starting with going into 2012?

What length did you start with and in what year?

Almost full hip length (front of hair is wl) with nape between hip and tailbone. I think I've reached or am very close to terminal length.

Pre-06 was around bsl relaxed (sometimes a little shorter or longer).

Bc'd to SL (around 6-7 inches) in May 06 after 15 month transition.

leiah

Started in may 09 with one inch of hair. Now i'm MBL. Hoping my fast growth will continue and I'll be Hip length by the end of the year

skraprchik

I started in July 2010 with a BC down to 1/2 an inch of hair. I'm going into 2012 with CBL hair. My goal for the end of 2012 is grazing BSL.

luckiestdestiny

Natural w/ Current : Whip length (somewhere between waist and hip). I should've past that by now and if I can put down the scissors I will be to my goal this year or early next.
I started with a 1-2inch bc but I've had set backs in between so we won't even go there. Let's talk about my second bc to shoulder

BC 2009 Nov/Shoulder length: looking @ my pics below you can see the cut to shoulder nov 2009 (I had leaning syndrome as I just cut my hair after a health related set back and also the fact that I was trying to get out all layers. So that's a pic where I'm guilty of leaning and it's still shoulder). . I haven't updated the photos but when I'm finish with my protective style (around Late Jan or early Feb I'll post a new update)

From that cut in Nov 2009 till two years and one month later (and seriously huge hair cuts to even out layers), I'm between waist and hip length.

I know you didn't ask but I'm 5'5 aiming for a definite tailbone (or at least full hip this year). Future goal though is a possible classic (which I know will take more than a year,but if I make this goal depends on how my hair looks on me after tailbone. Don't want to look like cousin it:look:)

Last edited:

jenaccess

As of today I am BSL.YaaaaaaY! I had a few setbacks and now I know what to do for my hair. I will be MBL in 9-12 months.

Mis007

Bs length, don't know if I want to go longer may just trim and retain this length. It gets difficult dealing with curly long hair:ohwell:

youwillrise

I'm gonna give the lengths of all parts of my hair because its not the same all around....

At the end of 2011 I am...

Front - past chin
Sides - apl
Back - past apl, maybe bsb or really close.

By the end of 2012, here's what its GOING to be

Front - collarbone
Sides - bsl
Back - midback

I've been natural since 2005, but I cut my hair a few times after my original chop...the *last* major cut was in august 2009 and I started with an inch or less...so we'll say that's the starting point :)

Last edited:

Evolving78

bald fade in 2010
made it to APL in 2011, but had to cut back to SL due to setback
ending 2011 past CL
Goal for 2012 BSL between Aug-Dec 2012

Natural w/ Current : Whip length (somewhere between waist and hip). I should've past that by now and if I can put down the scissors I will be to my goal this year or early next.
I started with a 1-2inch bc but I've had set backs in between so we won't even go there. Let's talk about my second bc to shoulder

BC 2009 Nov/Shoulder length: looking @ my pics below you can see the cut to shoulder nov 2009 (I had leaning syndrome as I just cut my hair after a health related set back and also the fact that I was trying to get out all layers. So that's a pic where I'm guilty of leaning and it's still shoulder). . I haven't updated the photos but when I'm finish with my protective style (around Late Jan or early Feb I'll post a new update)

From that cut in Nov 2009 till two years and one month later (and seriously huge hair cuts to even out layers), I'm between waist and hip length.

I know you didn't ask but I'm 5'5 aiming for a definite tailbone and possible classic (depending on how it looks on me. Don't want to look like cousin it:look:)

WHIP LENGTH!! My new hair goal, lol. I love that term:grin::grin::grin:

SeeLexus

I Hennaed, Flatironed and Trimmed...so this is my starting length or 2012..a little past bra strap.
[IMG]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu265/Urbanfrugalchic/HennaedandTrimmed.jpg[/IMG]

luckiestdestiny

I Hennaed, Flatironed and Trimmed...so this is my starting length or 2012..a little past bra strap.
[IMG]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu265/Urbanfrugalchic/HennaedandTrimmed.jpg[/IMG]

Pretty. What's your henna recipe? I'm thinking of incorporating henna this year :grin:

JJamiah

I don't know from my pics :look:
2012 will bring a lot of 3 month trims :grin:

In 2005 I had MBL/grazing WL hair
In 2008 I cut my hair off and by the end of the year it was Shoulder length.

In 2012 My hair is to the tip top of the booty crack.
I am now transitioning and will leave my hair for about 3 years before removing my relaxed ends :)

Last edited:

kupenda

When I first started here I was neck length. I am currently collarbone length, but only because I retained like 3 or 4 inches this year. Hoping for APL next year, if not past it. I want all 6 inches next year

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

StarScream35

Lord I don't know what to do. I'm stuck between chopping it and going natural or letting it grow to my waist again. I must say, having had waist length hair many times, it becomes like that been there done that kinda thing. I wanna go natural so bad because I'm loving all of this information I'm getting about natural hair care. As of right now I haven't had a relaxer since August and it can get challenging because of the two textures. I'm seriously thinking about chopping just so I can have one texture. Anyway, there is my confusion for the year!

mEmYSELFaNDj

Right now I'm an inch above WL(Just cut/trimmed 1.5-3", to even up my layers). But I started my hair journey in June '09 at CBL.

NikkiGirl

Oh, I voted incorrectly. I thought the title said before LHCF. I didn't even notice the 2012. I was waist length and now grazing hip length. I posted pics in the Hip Length 2012 challenge. I expect to make hip length fully by June. I am giving myself mid year. I grow pretty fast.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I did a mini length check and I'm finally touching BSL!

I started back in Dec 2008 and I was neck length. Later in May 2009 I chopped to EL.

Sent from Topnotch1010's Samsung Galaxy Tablet using LHCF