• Midback Length

Votes: 39 10.7%
  • Waist Length

Votes: 20 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greenandchic

Current length: BSL - U shape.

Started: APL length at the beginning of 2012.
Never BCed; lifelong natural; stopped using direct heat 9.5 years ago, but only started my HHJ in 2010. Its been a long ride. My hair has never been past APL.

BostonMaria

I'm about 1/2 inch away from tailbone, but I selected WL in the polls. My goal is full tailbone length. I'm not going to stress about it too much this year though. I'm happy with my hair and at this point I just want to maintain a certain length and keep it healthy.

Nonie

I don't take measurements of my hair at set times, nor will I be starting now. I just find it more exciting when it happens unplanned. Whenever I discover I've made progress, it's usually when I'm doing my hair and I feel as if it's stretching more than usual so I look and take a pic and record that date. So none of the checks are done at even intervals or same time of the year, but hopefully they give you an idea of what my less than ideal regimen (no moisturizer, no sealing, no PSing) affords me:

In Feb 2007, I got a BC from a SHS to a little under 3 inches stretched:

In Sept 2010, the section above my ear was stretching to a little past my collarbone:

In Nov 2011, the same section above my ear stretched to APL:

I don't have any goals for 2012. I never set deadlines. I just wait to see what happens.

hairsothick

Black and Magical
I'm a tiny bit past APL and hope to be BSL or MBL by this time next year. I have a lame length check from a failed flat iron attempt in my fotki. Lol.

I will try to take better pics when I wash my hair tomorrow or Monday.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I will be starting 2012 @ MBL.

I started my journey in July of 2010. I was stuck at a damaged APL.

Sent from a land where women rule.....

AyannaDivine

Right now I'm collar bone length for the most part. My second BC was July 19 2009 - i didnt get much growth until around july 2010...maybe 6 inches at the most. Lately my hair has been growing like weeds so Im shooting for full APL by April 2012.

Happy growing ladies!!!

curlyninjagirl

What hair length are you starting with going into 2012?
Starting 2012 at BSL/BSB. WOOHOO!

What length did you start with and in what year?
I started at a choppy unhealthy shoulder length in January 2010.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Dec 2010 I was collar bone length.

Today Dec 31, 2011 I am APL.

Hoping to be Full BSL (or longer) by Dec 31, 2012

Ebony Majesty

I started my journey in November 2006 with relaxed red shoulder length hair.

At the beginning of 2011, I started with hair just above BSL (after cutting my hair again :nono: ). Today I have natural waist length hair. If I reach hip length this year that will be great :D

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
My HJ started Jan '11, when all my hair fell out from severe postpartum shedding...no one tells you about that crap.

Dec '11, after a BC in November (I texturized in May) I am now SL in back, and Jaw length in front. 2012 is gonna bring me APL hair or longer!

MariposaSexyGirl

My hair is hip length(maybe a tad longer I don't pull it down with my hand anymore though). I've been trimming it to thicken it up.

When I started my hair was a little past APL I was aiming for BSL.

IMFOCSD

Hi!

I started out in 2005 with ear length damaged hair...after many different setbacks i am finally apl!....yaay lol...i need to update my pics.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

I am starting 2012 at APL(stretched).

Pre-LHCF i was always between SL and APL, relaxed. I joined LHCF in 2008 with APL-ish hair...like i have now...but i was relaxed. I grew my hair to Waistlength around late 2009/early2010 and in January of last year (2011)...i big chopped after an 8 month transition.

At the end of this year i hope to be BSL/MBL-ish stretched:yep:

doll-baby

I am currently at shoulder length I started in 2010 with an inch to 2 inches of hair after I bc'ed. I hope to be BSL by the end of 2012.

Diva_Esq

What hair length are you starting with going into 2012?
BSL :yay:

What length did you start with and in what year?
I was grazing APL in 12/2010, and I am about half way to MBL at 12/2011. When I ended my transition by BC on 4/5/2010, I was at TWA with about 4-5" of hair all over.

I am soooooooo pleased with my progress! :D

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Started in April 2006 w/ SL texturized hair.

By Aug. 2009, I stopped texturizing and my longest layer (back) was MBL/WL? (it went down to my elbows) in the back while my shortest "bang" layer was neck length. I don't know why my hair loves to grow in 3 distinct layers. :-/ I decided not to do a BC in 2009 and just cut my hair as it grew out, maintaining at SL.

At the end of 2011, the front of my hair is CB, sides SL, back APL. By the end of 2012, I'll probably be BSL in the back.

cheryl26

APL? curly
BSL? straight
Started with SL curly June 2011
Hoping to be MBL curly the end of this year.
Right now

irsgirl

I haven't did a length check lately, but my siggy shows my length as of October, so my hair is probably an inch longer now. I started out in Dec 2008 a little above SL, but I cut in October 2009 and then again in February 2011.

Last edited:

nappystorm

Full BSL. If I don't make MBL this year, I'm choking somebody.

I started with BSL in 08 but I had a disaster setback and had to start all over with a bob. That was in April 09.