what was your starting length and what is it now?

chasturner84

I started at neck length in April 2009 and now I'm grazing APL...since I adopted better hair practices, I can't believe how much hair I'm retaining (especially since I'm a slow grower and could never seem to grow my hair longer than SL)

davisbr88

I started my hair journey with a nape-length hair cut in August 2009, and am now in between CBL and APL (not exactly sure because I am transitioning and haven't straightened since January, but measured my new growth stretched and added it to the length of my relaxed ends). I should reach APL for sure by October.

OrangeMoon

I guess it would be considered NL or SL back in 2007. I got a few trims/cuts between then and now I'm between APL and BSL but closer to BSL. I was longer than BSL but I cut off 3 inches because it was growing in a W. My goal is WL I'll eventually get there by next year hopefully.

ladylina

When I started I was almost APL, but my hair was fried dyed and laid to the side lol. So now I am MBL I am very happy it took me about 3 years but its ok I rather have health over length anyday.

pri

my starting length was chin length 4/2008 and i'm bsb today 5/2010 so 2yrs to get thus far and my goal is wsl.

ilah

When I decided to transition to natural I was slightly past chin leangth...almost mid neck length. Currently with relaxed ends I am collar bone length (not sure if i just made that up or not). Goal - APL :)

naturalgyrl5199

BC June 2008
TWA june 2008
Grazing APL July 2009
Past APL Dec 2009
BSB? (Siggy Pic) Feb 2010Grazing BSL April 2010

This is my longest layers only....

My hair is shorter in the front and sides and they are:
Bangs: Chin Length
Sides: NL
crown/top: SL

I know....weird....
But June 1, 2010 will be my 2 year BC Nappiversary!

Last edited:

soon2bsl

My starting length was SL in June 2009 and now10 months later, I am BSB and grazing BSL.

Next Goals:
BSL by the end of June10'
MBL by Dec 2010
Ultimate Goal: WL by summer 2011 (then maintain there to be fully natural WL.)

kiesha8185

I started as SL, and my ends were choppy and uneven. I am now stuck between collarbone length and APL, but I keep cutting layers and trimming to even it out. On the flip side, my hair is so much fuller. I'm not cutting anymore layers and trimming until December 2011.

DeenIsFirst

I started at the bottom of neck length in October 2009. My longest layer is now APL. I have never been past neck length before.