What's Missing From the Hair Care Market?

sb44

A hot air brush that dries hair faster and has longer teeth.

Hair color that totally covers grey and lasts! I'm tired of coloring every month.

A REALLY good, non-greasy shine product.

A defrizzer that doesn't cause damage, that lasts and doesn't make the hair weighed down.

Angelinhell

1. Consistency. Stop discontinuing and changing the ingredients of highly favored products in order to deploy some new marketing strategy (I'm still not over losing the old version of Elasta QP’s shampoo).

2. Better scents. No one wants to dip into a product that smells like Paul Bunyan's homemade syrup (Oyin), old lady perfume (Silicon Mix) or an amalgamation of overpowering medicine-y herbs (AO White Camellia). Keep it light, fruity or floral, please.

This is an awesome thread! I totally agree with both of these, especially number one. Imma go ahead and call out sone company names(I think we should,ya'll know they lurking:look:) Mizani moisturefuse(man did they screw this up big time), Design essentials(they started out with good ingredients to build their brand, then pulled a switch....a bad one, and of course two of the most popular and affordable lines, Creme of Nature and Elasta qp.

IronButterfly

I want that magic pill that increases hair growth on my head a guaranteed 2 inches a month with no icky, evil side effects, especially when you stop taking them.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Winter caps with silk linings.

More quality, seamless, snag-free accessories.

More quality clips, elastics, etc designed for thick hair.

Products organized by your hair's needs; like a section labeled "Battling Breakage?" with a plethora of protein conditioners available for purchase.

beebstt

An all natural hair deodorizer that gives a faint, nice scent to your hair for when you want to extend your wash for another week.

Bublin

Silicone/glycerin/protein-free drugstore leave-in conditioners and moisturizers. There are so few options in the local drugstore, natural & organic store, Target, Walmart, etc. and, in my experience, they all have at least one of these ingredients.

I second this. More moisturisers with NO glycerin.

manter26

Winter caps with silk linings.

More quality, seamless, snag-free accessories.

More quality clips, elastics, etc designed for thick hair.

Products organized by your hair's needs; like a section labeled "Battling Breakage?" with a plethora of protein conditioners available for purchase.

The emboldened would be great! I hate breaking hair accessories because they are flimsy or too small.

An all natural hair deodorizer that gives a faint, nice scent to your hair for when you want to extend your wash for another week.

I would love this too. I'll probably by some essential oils and get a mister and see how that works out.

Great input ladies! Keep them coming. :yep:

fairyhairy

Quality products shipped across the world without extortionate fees less non blacks selling our products because frankly they have no clue. A curl bar that one can go in and have small things done quickly - like a dusting, a twistout etc

Beverly Ann Properties

An all in one wash and go styler. I need a product that will moisturize my hair, have an oil in the same product that will seal in the moisturizer and pop my curls at the same time. Instead of using a leave in conditioner as a moisturizer and oil as a sealant and a gel for the styler, someone needs to produce and all in one product that will leave my curls soft without the crunch.

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
*A high quality line of hair perfume
*Co-wash conditioners with a variety of clever scents, that go light on the cones, are available in LARGE bottles, and for the low!
*All natural oil sheen.

Aviah

This is hard... I actually got all I need.
A hair perfume without alcohol would be great though.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
For the On-Line Companies:

Better Shipping Prices
Better & Frequent Sales/Discounts
Faster Shipping

Brick & Mortar:

Better Quality of Products w/o Parabens, Sulfates, Glycol, Bad Cones & Trash

ctosha

-more brick and mortar product lines. a lot of the products that have the best ingredients and whatnot are only accessible online.
-bigger selection/more variety for activator gels.
-larger sizes (and more affordable!) for the nicer products. I just can't rationalize spending $20+ for 8-12 oz of product.

I can't justify spending that amount on a product of that size either I stopped a while ago especially for rinse out conditioners, I could finish a 8-12 ounce easy in 2 washes just not worth it IMO.

Dominicanatural

Bunnyhaslonghair said:
*A high quality line of hair perfume
*Co-wash conditioners with a variety of clever scents, that go light on the cones, are available in LARGE bottles, and for the low!
*All natural oil sheen.

Co-sign on the bigger bottles, with pumps. I will store it in the fridge if I have to, just give me lots of it!

thatscuteright

All of them. Dr. Miracles, Pink Lotion, ORS, Dark and Lovely, Soft and Lovely...IDK all of them! This was a random Asian BSS in a small college town and they had an entire aisle (left and right, top to bottom) of stuff marketed to natural hair. Most if it looked new, like developed in the past year or so.

Dr.Miracles is not Black Owned.
Its owned by Brian K.Marks.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
co-sign with everyone that said quality products on the ground.

right now i am out of most of my staples and i am gonna have to wait 2 weeks for them to be handmade and sent to me.....this could mean a setback if i didn't know what i was doing.

i just want to be able to go to a store and get DECENT products that are full of natural ingredients i can pronounce. not full of mineral oil, phthylates, parabens, "fragrance", petroleum and propylene glycol!

SunRai Naturals

Co-signing on the scents. I think that fragrance should be at the bottom of the ingredient list and not at the top as the second or third ingredient. I love Shea moisture conditioners but I can't stand that cologne smell so I didn't buy anymore after my first purchase! Wish they made unscented versions!

NaiyaAi

I wish there was a line of hair perfumes (or if there is, I've never heard of one) for when you need to freshen your hair up but don't have time to wash.

ETA: I just realized that I basically described scented dry shampoo.

NIN4eva

Why aren't Aubrey Organics conditioners in jars? I mean really?!!

Rollers I can sleep in comfortably
...that won't be smashed flat leaving me with angular curls (Satin covered sponge rollers)
...that won't leave a crease from whatever doodad is holding the roller in place.

Gentle coloring/lightening options for relaxed hair.

More sally beauty supply locations!

A TON more integrity and less showmanship in the beauty industry.

sunnieb

Yes to more quality clips! Tired of breaking them!

I'd also like a moisturizing detangler with a creamy consistency with a pump and smell nice. Mane n tail works great, but I want more.

And yes, safe light color options for relaxed heads. I'm contemplating lightening naturally using honey because I'm so ready for some color.