When is you next DIRECT heat "treat"?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

today I will be flat ironing, yesterday I used the blow dryer. Before then it had been 5 weeks since my last usage of heat. I use heat every 4-6 weeks.

Jewell

Maybe in 1 year for graduation (if I don't decide to rock a nice wig or weave instead)...or 1-1.5 yrs for my wedding. However, we are wanting to get married in a tropical climate, so straightening has no point. Sew-in, or loop extensions are what I'm considering for that if my own hair won't do right. I would ideally like to have my own hair out, but in waves or loose ringlets that can be blended for a full look.

fivetimestwo

When was the last time you used heat? June 2010 (avatar pic)
When will be the next time you heat, and how will you use it? I'm aiming for Christmas. I'll be sitting under the hooded dryer on medium heat after henna/washing/DC'ing and then I'll be flat ironing (my hair is fine and I find that it's less flat when I do it this way instead of using the blow dryer). I'm going to use this heat treat as my official "end of the year length check".
And if you don't use heat at all, why? (Styling purposes, the damage done by it, morals
, your hair hates it, etc) I have fine hair and I'm transitioning (17 mos. post) and I am scared that too much heat will=breakage. Not to mention I exercise and flat ironing often would be kind of pointless for me. I also am really lazy and the longer my hair gets, the less I want to bother with flat ironing.

LovelyNaps26

december for my birthday. the last time i straightened my hair was 2 years ago when it was heat damaged and stuck at shoulder length. i look forward to seeing it straight.

curlyninjagirl

When was the last time you used heat?
11 months ago

When will be the next time you heat, and how will you use it?
Flat ironing in 2013...maybe, maybe not

And if you don't use heat at all, why?
My hair didn't get very long as a child and I remember there was a lotta hot combing going on at that time soooooo, I can only assume that direct heat (among other things) stunts my hair's length retention.

30something

When was the last time you used heat? Today :grin: Dominican blow out.
When will be the next time you heat, and how will you use it? Probably two to four weeks from now. I'll be using my new blow dryer probably, after a possible roller set. Would be nice to blow out my hair for my birthday/xmas but we'll see.

I use heat, probably more than I should. It seems to do a little better when I use heat, and leave hair alone for awhile verse frequent co washing and hair drying. I think my hair maybe resistant and air drying does not leave hair cuticle smooth.. even with various techniques and healthy hair, unless I do a braid out or flexi rod set. Something about the bending makes the hair smooth and stay moisturize....

Last edited:

Forever in Bloom

The last time I used it on my entire head was on May 5th of this year. I did flat iron a section in the back to show that I made APL in early September, so technically that was the last time.

December 2011 for 4 year natural anniversary

And if you don't use heat at all, why? (Styling purposes, the damage done by it, morals , your hair hates it, etc)

Well, I can tell you why I'm waiting so long to use heat on my hair: Pretty much because it's a long and tedious process, and I feel like I need to perfect my technique on others before doing it on myself and being disappointed. I know I'll have more hair next year (hopefully MBL), but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Right now, I'm practicing my technique on my 2 nieces natural hair (one tailbone length, the other MBL). The more I flat iron their hair, the less I want to do my own because it takes 4 hours per head to no poo, deep condition, blow dry, and finally flat iron. However, my sister pays me to do it, so that's what keeps me motivated :grin: If only somebody would pay me to flat iron mine...

bibirockz

Ok so I lied - well changed my mind actually - earlier I posted that my next 'heat treat' would be at christmas...well no - it will be this weekend:):):)

ugh now u're making me want to straighten my hair :lick:! I will do it for New Years!

bibirockz

@Jewell congrats on ur engagement!
@Forever in Bloom congrats on ur 4 yr Nat. Anniversary!!
@Je Ne Sais Quoi how often do you trim since you're one of the few who uses heat once every several weeks? Your hair looks great btw!

HHG ladies, to all of you who don't even think about using heat regularly or don't like using it, God bless you all lol.

PS: sorry this is late, my internet wasn't working these past few days except for my phone so I couldn't find this thread!

Alta Angel

Tomorrow Dec 2 is my direct heat treat! I have not been to the salon since Feb, so I more than deserve it! I am taking the day off, relaxing, and then going to the salon for a steam, DC, trim, and color gloss. I cannot wait....:happydance:

CoilyFields

The last time I used heat was a quick do-it-yourself press in august (professinally done in june)

The next time will be at the salon in January to get my bi-annual trim, a rinse to cover these doggone grays (had them since 19), and a length check.

I only use heat twice a year because my hair is sensitive to it (that press was the exception). I get heat damage with the slightest mention of heat. I've already had a bout where I cut off about 6 inches of heat damage to try to start over using little to no heat but, even twice a year is too much for my hair, and though I love it natural I still like it straight every once in a while so...I have to make do.

If my hair retained its natural kink I would probebly straighten once every six weeks or so.

diadall

I have only used heat once since mid October. I know that seems like to big deal but it is for me, someone that used heat sometimes on a daily basis.

My friend is celebrating her 40th birthday January 7-10 for a girls weekend. I may, not sure but I may flat iron for that. If not then it may be for my birthday in February. Just taking it one week at a time.

I want to start growing and retaining healthy hair. I got an massive haircut in August that took away all of the split ends and any damaged hair. I am happy to say I am working with a full head of healthy shoulder length hair. I want to get to APL and I joined the APL 2011 challenge. I think I can get there by April if not even sooner.

wannabelong

October 27, 2010

December 22, 2010. I plan to blow dry and flat iron

I use direct heat but I try to use it in moderation, once every 2 months.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

@Jewell congrats on ur engagement!
@Forever in Bloom congrats on ur 4 yr Nat. Anniversary!!
@Je Ne Sais Quoi how often do you trim since you're one of the few who uses heat once every several weeks? Your hair looks great btw!

HHG ladies, to all of you who don't even think about using heat regularly or don't like using it, God bless you all lol.

PS: sorry this is late, my internet wasn't working these past few days except for my phone so I couldn't find this thread!
Super sorry ! I just saw this question. I used to trim about half an inch every maybe three months but I have since big chopped a
A almost week ago so no more trims for a long while. Also, I will likely now flatiron every 2u3 months for the next year.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I will be blowing out my hair today for tomorrows sew in.

My last direct heat was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I got y hair flat ironed and trimmed (for the first time in 2010)

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
When was the last time you used heat? October 2010. I straightened my hair twice this year.

When will be the next time you heat, and how will you use it? January 1, 2012. My goal is no heat fror the entire year of 2011

And if you don't use heat at all, why? (Styling purposes, the damage done by it, morals :lachen:, your hair hates it, etc) I just don't like my hair straight. I prefer my curls.

For me, a "heat treat" is a good steaming session :grin:.

bibirockz

Super sorry ! I just saw this question. I used to trim about half an inch every maybe three months but I have since big chopped a
A almost week ago so no more trims for a long while. Also, I will likely now flatiron every 2u3 months for the next year.

It's alright! Thanks for answering. Did u just say u BC'ed that lush hair of yours?

bibirockz

When was the last time you used heat? October 2010. I straightened my hair twice this year.

When will be the next time you heat, and how will you use it? January 1, 2012. My goal is no heat fror the entire year of 2011

And if you don't use heat at all, why? (Styling purposes, the damage done by it, morals :lachen:, your hair hates it, etc) I just don't like my hair straight. I prefer my curls.

For me, a "heat treat" is a good steaming session :grin:.

A year is a long time, maybe I will try that for 2011 as well. :yep: One more challenge won't hurt lol. I NEED a steamer!