Where are all the 2007 Head-to-Toe Challengers?

Anancy

Just wanted to see how you've all started the year, have you started a journal yet? I would love to read.

I haven't started mine yet, i've been too busy writing essays. I started the challenge with a new hairstyle, which i was nervous about but it's going down well with everyone around me.
I bought running trainers to start jogging outside but i haven't yet.

On the downside i can't seem to stop pigging out on the odd junk food.

bauderlady

I'm here. I have been treating my hair and skin really well but my diet hasn't been all that I have planned it to be just yet. I did stop the wine and beer at meals. So I am proud of that. Otherwise, so far so good. Oh, and I have started to talk more with GOD and read my bible more. I am shooting to get the diet more in order. I have 15 pounds to go.

Hair Iam

Hi,
everything is in place or going into place.
1) Journaling has begun, using "God's blue Print for Life".
2) My first grocery for the year was focused on healthier eating and pre- preparing of meals
3) Including my girls and family in the process, "united we stand".
4) Protective styling in the works
5) Joining my belling dancing class on 8 Jan
6) Purposing to listen to the Lord, for the ways to walk and choices to make.

7) Praying for the Holy Sprit’s help in all of this

Attachments

• June-December.JPG
    June-December.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 7

dicapr

I'm still trying to work things out. Hopefully by this weekend I'll be ready to post.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
dicapr said:
I'm still trying to work things out. Hopefully by this weekend I'll be ready to post.

Yeah, me too. I probably won't have all my stuff figured out until the end of the month. I did decide where I am going to put my journal at though.

Ms Red

I'm a challenger and so far:

Hair- I got weaved up on Dec. 30th with a sew-in. This will be my protective style until March since I got so much growth the last time. I got about 2 inches all around.

Nails- This is going great. My natural nails have grown by leaps and bounds because I've been using Sally Hansen with retinol. I even out, smooth, buff and polish once a week. I touch it up once too.

Body- Great. I am still watching my diet and I've been working out 4 times a week. :grin: This week I'm aiming for 5 times a week and I've been going to the gym a lot.

Skin- Not so good. I don't know why I keep getting the same blemish so I'm back to using Proactiv until it clears up.

I'll start a journal here on LHCF later in the week.

Sha76

I'm here, I have been doing well on diet and exercise. My hair is still in protective styles most of the time. I think I'm detoxifying from drinking all of this water, my skin is breaking out right now.

sapphire74

I am a late starter. I am going to sit down tonight and map out my plan on how I want to do things as far as my hair, skin, and nail regimens. I will definitely start my workout plan today. I want to follow the Firm workout. I will also map out my healthy eating plan also. I want to use LHCF journal site but I can't seem to get to it from my computer for some reason. If not I will write it down in a notebook and come back and post updates. Wish me LUCK! :)

gymfreak336

Head to Toe Challenger checking in!!

So far so good. I started school and I really think that I will like my classes. I am working on outlining a study "regime" if you will and hopefully will be bring back monday night margarita study night at my place for my classmates. I started the year with a fresh relaxer and I plan on going for a 9-10 week stretch.I really hope to be a full shoulder length before the summer so I will be doing all that I can to make sure that I am there. I will be protective styling with octopus clips and washing and deep conditioning once or twice a week. I bought new workout shoes to motivate me to keep it moving. I just got finished outlining my new strength training regime so I guess I should update my journal. This month for me just about setting the pace for me to finish out this year strong.

p31woman

I'm here :yay:

I just havent been writing in my journal. I began reading "Purpose Driven Life" and it is GREAT!!! 2007 is gonna be good!

Hidden_Angel

I'm here.. so far.. so good but i think i mayh ave to start my MSM back again.. my skin started to heal and i had nice nails now they looks horriableee

morehairplease

So far I have did great. I decided to take this week off, but I am missing the gym so much that I may go tommorrow. My diet needs a little more work though. While I have not made bad food choices I fear that I am not eating enough, if this is even possible. For some reason, I want to say that exercising for 60 minutes each day is whats casuing it that and all the water I am drinking. Next Monday, I am getting a texturizer for the first time and I am really excited. On Tuesday, I have an appointment for a chemical peel/skin consulation at a local spa. Once I get back to the gym I plan on paying for personal training sessions for 3 months.

Good luck ladies

jtsupanova

I have been slackin big time! Alls good in the hair department and I have been taking my vitamins but excersize:look:
Last week I had a really bad cold so that my excuse. but this week i have got to get back on track
I also have to start my journal

DreamLife

I have been trying to get going on this challenge, and as a result I havent been on LHCF much. I got a weave so I wouldn't have to worry about my hair, and just moisturize and oil everyday. I've been drinking alot of water, as opposed to NONE some days last year. I have been trying to get into the Word, and have gone to Bible study and church. I have really gotten into organization and time management, which were some of my other goals. I bought groceries and only bought soups salads fruits vegetables and lean cuisine meals. I just need to get this check so I can renew my gym membership! Then I would be set to go. I also start MCAT classes soon so we'll see how I keep my time management up. I have also been budgeting my money so it won't run out like it did last year!

sapphire74

How's everyone doing on this Challenge? For me I have been slacking a little.

I have found a skincare regimen and I think I will stick with it for a while. I am currently using The Body Shops Tea Tree Skin care line for oily and blemished skin. I see my face clearing up quite a bit.

I have started workouts wit The Firm, it says you will see results in the first 10 days, so we shall see if that is true.

As far as my nail, I have been trying to grow out my natural nails forever and I have not found anything that works so I decided to try Sally Hanson's Nailgrowth Miracle, it says you should see results in 5 days.

That's about all i have to report for now. If anyone has any advice please feel free to share!

So how is everyone else doing? Post your updates!:)

Ms Red

To update as of 2/21/07:

Hair:Had the weave in for 4 weeks. I've been styling my own hair and washing, dc'ing since the beginning of February. My hair is now a big curly fro. :) I have not used heat since last summer and I am not planning to use it again until late spring.

Nails: My nails are great. They are a rounded oval shape and I do an at-home manicure once a week and touch up once a week if necessary. I plan to do a French manicure for my birthday in March.

Body: I am now working out 5 times a week and still eating healthy. As long as I stay in my calorie range, I allow a treat here and there. I could work on incorporating more whole foods and fruits into my diet.

Skin: Good.

Life: Hectic :) My main goal for the month of Feb-March is to purchase some materials and books to help me study for the MCAT exam coming up and also to continue to eat well and exercise. I also am planning a trip to see my mom soon :D
Hair- I got weaved up on Dec. 30th with a sew-in. This will be my protective style until March since I got so much growth the last time. I got about 2 inches all around.

Nails- This is going great. My natural nails have grown by leaps and bounds because I've been using Sally Hansen with retinol. I even out, smooth, buff and polish once a week. I touch it up once too.

Body- Great. I am still watching my diet and I've been working out 4 times a week. :grin: This week I'm aiming for 5 times a week and I've been going to the gym a lot.

Skin- Not so good. I don't know why I keep getting the same blemish so I'm back to using Proactiv until it clears up.

I'll start a journal here on LHCF later in the week.